• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
so can we finally stop having this asshole content advertised in this forum and ban him like he deserved ?
Or are some people still protect a gun nut sexual predator who hates "sjw"

Metakilt

Banned
Apr 29, 2020
Tell me, what is more prevalent for you: false accusations or real assault cases?
Obviously real assault cases wherein there's a ton of evidence. How many viral videos have we seen wherein the man loses 10-20 years of his life because of a false rape accusation? Take a look at Badger, after giving a ton of evidence on his gdrive the girl hasn't acknowledged it yet because it's pretty damning evidence that she lied.

AgonyRon

Nov 27, 2017
Being a public persona warps your perception/ego. why wouldn't it, if such masses watch you. You start at the question "why are they watching me", and some come to the conclusion "im something better, thats why they watch me, and not others".

And the slope between normal behavior to edgy/grey area to creepy to harassment to felony is gradual.
With a warped perception those people often dont realize how far on that slope they already are.

(Explanation why there are so many bad youtubers/streamers, not an excuse, in that position you should aspire to be even a better moral example than the average joe (hehe), and not be a negative example. Its just something that comes with fame, and where fans need to hold them acountable for, and not defend them)
One of the best comments ive ever read, although it doesnt mean that Joe is like that. But yes, this is what fame does to people.

PayaV87

Banned
Apr 15, 2018
Did I say Joe raped the victim? No. I said his actions as described in the paragraph are similar to what a sexual predator like Dennis would do. Joe lied about losing his phone, he manipulated the victim to give him her phone number. Joe lied to the victim that he's going to only dinner with her, takes her to the hotel and into his room. Joe asked her to join him in the shower, and asked again to clarify he's being serious. Then after the offer is refused, he takes a selfie of him and her as evidence that they were in the room. He tells her to play along as if she's his girlfriend. He stops the victim from using their phone repeatedly in a very controlling manner. He doesn't allow her to text anyone about her welfare. This is all the behaviour of a sexual predator. You don't need Joe raping the victim to then be qualified as one.

I did not said, that you said, he rapeing the victim. I'm saying that you assumed that he preplanned this behaviour.
You are right, according to this blog post, if it is true, Joe is a sexual predator, and his advances was met with rejection all along the way, yet he kept pushing.
This whole thing disgust me. But we should refrain from condemning or compareing him to sexual predators, unless there are firm evidence. Usually these cases don't have one, so people take sides.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously real assault cases wherein there's a ton of evidence. How many viral videos have we seen wherein the man loses 10-20 years of his life because of a false rape accusation? Take a look at Badger, after giving a ton of evidence on his gdrive the girl hasn't acknowledged it yet because it's pretty damning evidence that she lied.
wtf are you even saying?

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
How many viral videos have we seen wherein the man loses 10-20 years of his life because of a false rape accusation?
Outside of systematic racism causing innocent, random black men being condemned to jail for sexual crimes they didn't commit because white people just want someone judged and don't give a shit who is blamed, especially if black/POC (which is horrible, but also in no way related to accusations like these), where are you seeing this endless barrage of videos of men's lives ruined by accusations for 10-20 years? Because the opposite is much, MUCH, _MUCH_ more common by all statistics. Rapists going free or with a slap on the wrist despite overwhelming (even video) evidence, if they even even go to court at all (a vast majority don't). Like, fuck, you even have a serial rapist as the fucking POTUS. Rapists do not get their lives ruined unless it's the rape of a child or someone of a minority demographic doing the raping, then the clutched pearls and condemnation comes out in full force.

And no one was even raped here, so why are you making up fantasies about victims of false accusations?

FaultyFork

Oct 28, 2017
Most of it just seems like awkward flirting techniques from a man that thought he was going on a date with someone that was already interested in him. I can totally see how it must have been creepy from her viewpoint when she was going into it with totally different intentions. She probably thought that she was giving all the needed signals that she weren't interested, but in many cases men just fail to pick up on them when they've made up in their mind that someone is interested. Would have been more useful to just tell him that she had a boyfriend when he started suggesting stuff like sharing a shower.

Hopefully he learns something from getting her side of the encounter so he understands how uncomfortable certain things can make women feel and in the future make sure to be on the same page before going all in on the flirting.

Kinggroin

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uranus, get it?!? YOUR. ANUS.
Ban hammer bout to land extra hard in this thread.

As for the allegations, I really hope they are investigated properly and given serious consideration. I also hope that it opens Joe's eyes to the shitty behavior he exhibits and stops him from ever even letting things get a tenth as far as it did with this woman.

I think when you have regular Joes getting as popular as angry Joe has, it can fuck with your perception of self worth, overinflate your ego, provide a false sense of security and cultivate a mindset for nefarious intentions.

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
medium.com

My interaction with AngryJoe

I’ve been holding exactly who this was in for over two years now but after seeing other women come forward about other streamers. I…

Much, much more at the link including screencaps of text conversations.
Geee, Angry Gamer Trope Person being trash? How is this news? Their toxic masculinity has been an issue for ages now.

If they are "angry" as a character, they are probably trash in person.

Sorry if I seem dismissive of her plight, I'm not, just I'm so sick of the toxic crap that these jerks have injected into our culture.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Most of it just seems like awkward flirting techniques from a man that thought he was going on a date with someone that was already interested in him. I can totally see how it must have been creepy from her viewpoint when she was going into it with totally different intentions. She probably thought that she was giving all the needed signals that she weren't interested, but in many cases men just fail to pick up on them when they've made up in their mind that someone is interested. Would have been more useful to just tell him that she had a boyfriend when he started suggesting stuff like sharing a shower.

Hopefully he learns something from getting her side of the encounter so he understands how uncomfortable certain things can make women feel and in the future make sure to be on the same page before going all in on the flirting.
Doesn't sound like he's learning anything. "These are blatant lies, I am getting my lawyer!" and denying her version of events doesn't sound like someone who is bad at flirting and picking up social cues and accidently made someone uncomfortable, it sounds defensive as fuck and trying to slander the person who came forward.

I get giving someone the benefit of the doubt but his replies do not suggest ignorance or naivety

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Well, haven't watched his content in ages and I don't think I was ever subscribed but that's disappointing.

EDIT- Somehow, among all the bullshit he's putting her through repeatedly trying to keep her off the phone comes off as especially creepy. Ugh.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Dude, the way he was isolating her, taking her away from friends, keeping her from her phone, these are not awkward flirting techniques. And then he gets angry at her when she tries to leave? Come on.

IRECLAIMER117

Banned
May 4, 2019
User banned (permanent): Downplaying accusations of sexual assault. Account in junior phase.
I don't even care for angry joe but if we are going to live in a society where every accusation with out any due process is treated as facts it's a fucking shame. Guilty until proven innocent is the struggle that most black men through in this country which is one off the issue with law enforcement because we always have to prove we didn't do something. When we should be given the benefit of the doubt until otherwise. So to see people marching for BLM and social justice but are quickly ready to burn people to the steak based on every accusation made against someone is very juxtaposed. I just hope this doesn't have anything to do with his opinions on the last of us 2.

IRECLAIMER117

Banned
May 4, 2019
Dude, the way he was isolating her, taking her away from friends, keeping her from her phone, these are not awkward flirting techniques. And then he gets angry at her when she tries to leave? Come on.
You're speaking as if you were there and witness this all for yourself it's just one persons perspective. He hasn't told his side of the story yet or is she just right because she's a woman? God forbid no woman has ever fabricated stories against men that weren't true to destroy them.

FaultyFork

Oct 28, 2017

Wanting to get some privacy isn't that weird, but I agree that him trying to keep her from using her phone seems weird and possibly a red flag that his intentions were more nefarious. Hard to tell without being there though.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You're speaking as if you were there and witness this all for yourself it's just one persons perspective. He hasn't told his side of the story yet or is she just right because she's a woman? God forbid no woman has ever fabricated stories against men that weren't true to destroy them.
The vast majority of accusations of this nature are true, according to studies on the matter, so get the fuck out of here with this shit. She has nothing to gain and a whole hell of a lot to lose.

PayaV87

Banned
Apr 15, 2018
At one point she wasn't using her phone for a whole dinner (which was 5 hour long with the trip to the hotel all together), because it was "rude". For a woman it is very hard to confront someone in power. She might feel threathend and powerless around Joe. I am a male, and I will never be able to understand that kind of fear sadly. It is easy to say, she could have gone to the bathroom and messaged his boyfriend, or friend from there if she wanted to, but probable she could not move.

Joe was angry (no pun intended) when she tried to leave because he payed for the whole evening, which was expensive (she was worried she might spend her whole budget for food), and provided business connections, and though (very-very wrongly) that he will get something in return.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

bruh, taking away her access to her phone and purse so she can't get out of there is predatory, not just "awkward flirting"

IRECLAIMER117

Banned
May 4, 2019
The vast majority of accusations of this nature are true, according to studies on the matter, so get the fuck out of here with this shit. She has nothing to gain and a whole hell of a lot to lose.
A lot of women that make false accusations have nothing to gain either but do it anyways. So you're point is stupid. But you're so self righteous on your pedestal.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017

Ummh... Asking someone into your hotel room at the pretense of "I'll just be quick" and then turning that into a shower-session that you ask the other to join ("jokingly", of course), taking away her phone and being pissed about who she is calling don't sound like "awkward flirting" to me. And trust me, I'm fucking awkward with flirting. That does not involve me separating women from their friends or accidentally finding myself in need of a shower that I propose some woman I barely know should join.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A lot of women that make false accusations have nothing to gain either but do it anyways. So you're point is stupid. But you're so self righteous on your pedestal.
Look at the statistics. Generally speaking, women don't make false accusations. You think she just wantonly wants to ruin this guy, and is willing to open herself up to harassment she is definitely getting and potential legal action just for a giggle? Things like these are difficult to admit and communicate and it's outlooks like yours that make it so. You wanna call it self-righteous to believe victims who statistically lie only extremely rarely, then your morals are out of order.

dotpatrick

Oct 28, 2017

Get out of here with this. Believe victims.

The number of women who make false accusations is small. Like spec of dust small and pales in comparison to the number of assault cases that are not reported or are reported and then not taken seriously by the authorities.

Opposable

Oct 25, 2017
It is really weird that he invited someone he barely met to a business lunch... I guess it was to show her how powerful he is or something

IRECLAIMER117

Banned
May 4, 2019
So apparently he was doing this with multiple people there? It will be interesting to hear from all the parties involved.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Really bad look for Joe.

I am not excusing his behavior at all, but this is, at the very least, not the worst accusation of this nature I've seen. It's creepy/invasive behavior that should be called out but not something he can't turn around, apologize and fix if called out on it.

Feel bad for the girl, that must have been uncomfortable af. Glad she came forward about it though.

WackoWambo

Jan 11, 2018
Wasn't resetera created because of a similar shower play? What is it with showers and sexual predators?

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
The point is that there aren't all that many women who do so, so acting like that is some kind of common occurrence and we need a video of the whole evening to be able to make any comments on the believability of her (or anyone's) accusations is what is fucking stupid. They aren't on trial here.

IRECLAIMER117

Banned
May 4, 2019
Get out of here with this. Believe victims.

The number of women who make false accusations is small. Like spec of dust small and pales in comparison to the number of assault cases that are not reported or are reported and then not taken seriously by the authorities.
How about I believe in due process someone makes an accusation it gets investigated if he's found guilty he gets what he deserves. Nobody's life or reputation should be destroyed based on accusation if so anyone can do that to anyone there was just a football player who's life was ruined because a girl who had sex with him said he raped her after he wouldn't date her afterwards. https://youtu.be/916Si3CLcds
So we just go around believing victims? Right so as long as black men continue to get locked up for false accusations behind shit like that we just keep believing right no due process? There are many more cases like that.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even care for angry joe but if we are going to live in a society where every accusation with out any due process is treated as facts it's a fucking shame. Guilty until proven innocent is the struggle that most black men through in this country which is one off the issue with law enforcement because we always have to prove we didn't do something. When we should be given the benefit of the doubt until otherwise. So to see people marching for BLM and social justice but are quickly ready to burn people to the steak based on every accusation made against someone is very juxtaposed. I just hope this doesn't have anything to do with his opinions on the last of us 2.

I certainly wasn't expecting this spin.

Deleted member 20471

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is incredibly creepy, seeing that there are people in this thread that defend this guy is really disappointing. Preventing her to use the phone and confiscating her cash is predatory behavior 101, this is really really really really really bad.

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't sound like he's learning anything. "These are blatant lies, I am getting my lawyer!" and denying her version of events doesn't sound like someone who is bad at flirting and picking up social cues and accidently made someone uncomfortable, it sounds defensive as fuck and trying to slander the person who came forward.

I get giving someone the benefit of the doubt but his replies do not suggest ignorance or naivety

I mean what do you do when you're accused of sexual misconduct?

1. Victim comes out
2. Believe women
3. What does accused do? Because now the internet has it and mob mentality takes over.

IRECLAIMER117

Banned
May 4, 2019
75 messages.

use your main account you coward.
I only have one account and I only post when I have something to say or is your opinion better then mine. I think for myself I'm not enslaved to a mob mentality. Or do I not have a right to my opinion? Or is is just what you guys say that matters? Sorry I'm not woke enough.