• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
His entire job is based around acting like a dickhead. Hardly a massive surprise he turns out to be one.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
The only instance in which I can think of anything even remotely close would be the Alexis Kennedy incident, in which multiple women stepped forward with a lot of evidence and we unfortunately have no way of knowing if he would have actually been 'cancelled' because he took his own life within days of the allegations coming out.

You got anymore info on this? I looked up Alexis Kennedy and the person in question seems to be very much still alive.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Joe's ego is really something. If someone wants attention, a Z-grade Youtube personality is not where they would try to get it.

I mean, he's not Z-grade and that's the issue. He's a huge YouTuber and if you're a content creator or just a fan within that scene in general, meeting him and getting this level of attention is obviously going to get you all flustered at the very least. This is why the cult of celebrity surrounding content creators is such a dangerous thing too. I think it's great that they have a thriving platform, room for growth and supporting themselves financially, but no one is really keeping a lot of them in check and so stuff like this happens more often than we'd like to think.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
You got anymore info on this? I looked up Alexis Kennedy and the person in question seems to be very much still alive.

gosh I'm sorry I got him confused with Alec Holowka—both were accused around the same time and have similar first names so I had a brain fart. My bad, I'll go edit my post!

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
Unsubbed. I haven't been watching him as much as I used to mainly because he never matured in the last ten years and it shows. He always feels the need to scream and rant to the camera. Plus, the fact that he's a gun lover always bothered me. Now, I see this, and considering how he presents himself, I have every reason to believe her.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
Lets say the accusations are false (i believe there is certainly a core of truth here), what should happen to the accuser? I can see someones name getting so damaged that they lose a part of their income and even get shunned by certain people, sponsership, etc. We are always quick to point fingers and blame, but in what case are there any repercussiones for accusing and blaming someone for harrasment. Like the Bieber story is new to me, but did the accuser get sued or something?

ShaggySummers

Banned
May 4, 2020
User banned (permanent): Troll account, hostility.
Who gives a shit? You believe the victim. If information & evidence comes out to contradict it, you then take it into consideration. We should be well, well, well beyond the days of preemptive both sides rhetoric when somebody comes forward with a story like this.
The fact that you would be allowed to vote for this opinion in a democratic country is giving me chills.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Lets say the accusations are false (i believe there is certainly a core of truth here), what should happen to the accuser? I can see someones name getting so damaged that they lose a part of their income and even get shunned by certain people, sponsership, etc. We are always quick to point fingers and blame, but in what case are there any repercussiones for accusing and blaming someone for harrasment. Like the Bieber story is new to me, but did the accuser get sued or something?
women life get destroyed even when the accusations are true, you have nothing to fear about that.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Plus the thread got locked after the receipts so 90% of the people who saw it before hand still have the original accusation in their mind and not the resolution for the 10% who saw it before it falls off the first page which just leads to confusion where people don't know there has been updates.

Smh...

Anyway, I read the statement and it sounds really fucked up, I'm not having a hard time imagining hammered Joe trying to coerce somebody to sleep with him using whatever connection he has to dazzle a smaller content creator. But then again, I'll reserve my judgement for now. Need more info.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Fucking asshat. Tired of these friggin Youtubers thinking they can do whatever the shit they want.

StalinTheCat

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry, but unless I am missing something here, why are we comparing the Bieber story with this one? Reading about the Bieber one, the tweet was deleted along with all the account (similar to the "story" about the singer of TOOL).
This story is not made public by a "burner" account, it's someone who is still there, established and what not. So how are these two stories comparable? What am I missing?

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
JFC. The JP stuff is even worse. Especially the replies from Incontrol who died last year and the stuff Adam did and quit Rollplay just a few months ago. Really enjoyed the Dropped Frames Podcast. Damn.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
The thing that confuses me is why AngryJoe needs to use this woman as his date at the lunch. With the fame he talks about that just seems weird and odd, would have expected he would have no trouble finding a girl who loves the show and is single happy to come along

Deleted member 60772

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 21, 2019
Hit him where it hurts.

Unsubscribe to his channel, and tell everyone you know to also unsubscribe.

#believevictims

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Can anyone give an example what would be considered a "proof" for or against this story?
Because if y'all waiting to have her accusations corroborated by another man then wow women in this industry are incredibly vulnerable.

She's already provided evidence with the texts. And Joe's statement has confirmed that the night did take place.

The onus is on him now to prove otherwise. I said before we should wait and you're right, that was probably wrong of me, but regardless if he can't prove that she's wrong (which he claims is easy) then this whole thing leans in her favour and people should feel free to rip into him.

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, but unless I am missing something here, why are we comparing the Bieber story with this one? Reading about the Bieber one, the tweet was deleted along with all the account (similar to the "story" about the singer of TOOL).
This story is not made public by a "burner" account, it's someone who is still there, established and what not. So how are these two stories comparable? What am I missing?

Because we live in a culture where people refuse to believe women. Men have the power, deny it and that power helps people believe men over women.

And so people love to buy in to the logic that if one false accusation is out there then every accusation can be false. So don't let the powerful men be negatively affected and let's deny the women until there is 100% proof. This is just another example in a sea of examples.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
women life get destroyed even when the accusations are true, you have nothing to fear about that.

Dont care if its is a woman or man. I have seen false accusation can destroy a life also, but a safe place must also be created so that one can speak about harrasment. I am just carefull about grabbing the pitchforks and destroying someone without facts. That said you should always believe the accuser in a case of harrasement and should take it very seriously. I cant see a reason why someone would make this up of why, and i do believe that a lot of these streamers and youtuber abuse their power, we have seen it happen again and again. you must realise these are both human lives and this is no small thing.

Axass

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Month): Sexist concern trolling
The fact that you would be allowed to vote for this opinion in a democratic country is giving me chills.
For real. It's like people living in a democracy don't even know the very basis of its judiciary system: innocent until proven guilty. By the way, it's like that for a reason you know, and it's been like that ever since democracy was born.

Not in the Vargas defence force, never liked the dude, no problem imagining him doing fucked up things, but this whole "blind faith" thing is getting out of hand.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be surprised but I'm not. Youtube is the home of the mega-narcissists in the world. Basically your favorite youtuber is probably on the level of Trump in terms of how much they love themselves.

Jun 17, 2018
Dont care if its is a woman or man. I have seen false accusation can destroy a life also, but a safe place must also be created so that one can speak about harrasment. I am just carefull about grabbing the pitchforks and destroying someone without facts. That said you should always believe the accuser in a case of harrasement and should take it very seriously. I cant see a reason why someone would make this up of why, and i do believe that a lot of these streamers and youtuber abuse their power, we have seen it happen again and again. you must realise these are both human lives and this is no small thing.

This seems like the most reasonable response on here.

Doesn't it seem sensible to acknowledge the individual accusing AJ of this and then wait to see what the actual outcome is before grabbing the pitchforks?

Not to be rude but a large majority of this community are happy to go all in without having all the facts. If it turned out this wasn't true then that's an awful accusation to have to your name.

Equally, if Joe did do this, then he should be punished properly.

Last edited:

StalinTheCat

Oct 30, 2017
Not in the Vargas defence force, never liked the dude, no problem imagining him doing fucked up things, but this whole "blind faith" thing is getting out of hand.

I am not even entirely sure of what does it even mean "getting out of hand"?
Like: what can we possibly do on a forum to have this "getting out of hand"? Posting to say we believe in her (or any other victim)?

I don't think the poster is jumping on their twitter account to dox Joe or harass him or whatever, so how is this "getting out of hand"?

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For real. It's like people living in a democracy don't even know the very basis of its judiciary system: innocent until proven guilty. By the way, it's like that for a reason you know, and it's been like that ever since democracy was born.

Lucky for us, we aren't the judiciary system. We don't need a sentence to stop supporting a shitty dude if we choose to do so.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Every fucking thread about someone being accused of sexual assault/harassment brings the pre-cogs out of the woodwork.

Come on. There are plenty of weird/angry assholes who have never sexually harassed anyone and plenty of completrly unsuspecting people who have.
Yeah this stuff really has to stop.
Even worse are the "xy is next right? He always looked creepy".

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Allowing for the possibility that what they say may be true and refraining from calling them a liar, especially on social media, would be a decent start.
It's nice to hear that you're allowing for the possibility that what they say may be true and refraining from calling them a liar, especially on social media.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
I just think that implying that there aren't repercussions for false accusers is laughable when real victims are already treated like pariah.

Last edited:

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017

Except this isn't a jury trial, or a crime having been committed. So judiciary rules don't apply. Especially in cases of sexual harassment in which "proof" is almost always impossible from the get-go. (Except, in this case, she did provide proof that he was being creepy right out of the gate.)

This is a case of a guy acting like a shitheel and people deciding not to support him over it. It's got nothing at all to do with the legal system. I don't owe him a trial before I believe his accuser, even in a democracy.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It's like people living in a democracy don't even know the very basis of its judiciary system: innocent until proven guilty. By the way, it's like that for a reason you know, and it's been like that ever since democracy was born.

It's like people living in democracy don't know the difference between court of law and public opinion.

Oct 27, 2017
Innocent until proven guilty because the guilty don't have ways to cover up their actions, blame and suppress voices of victims, and the judicial system isn't biased and complately fair.

Except this isn't a jury trial, or a crime having been committed. So judiciary rules don't apply. Especially in cases of sexual harassment in which "proof" is almost always impossible from the get-go. (Except, in this case, she did provide proof that he was being creepy right out of the gate.)

This is a case of a guy acting like a shitheel and people deciding not to support him over it. It's got nothing at all to do with the legal system. I don't owe him a trial before I believe his accuser, even in a democracy.

But seriously this.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
It's nice to hear that you're allowing for the possibility that what they say may be true and refraining from calling them a liar, especially on social media.
It's one example. There are many more helpful things to be done, such as donations, legal advice, psychological support and so on. All without needing to believe someone is guilty without evidence.

hichanbis

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
User Banned (permanent): minimizing sexual misconduct
It might get me banned but I'm sorry I've read the whole story and fail to see any sexual harassment...

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
I've been a fan of Joe for a long, long time. The last year or so, he's either changed, been showing his true colors, or I just started noticing it. Been hoping he'd turn around but this is the exact opposite of what I hoped for.

He always seemed like he had a more Progressive stance, which I liked. I'll read his response, but most likely will unsub after. Been thinking about it for some time, anyway.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
What do the texts alone prove exactly?

Joe is a dickhead, and if what has been alleged here is true then he needs to face the consequences, but for me those texts don't prove anything.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yeah, I'm still amazed that after that, people still will just blindly believe one side of the story. I'm not saying that she is lying, but at the same time, she could be, so until there is concrete proof of it I will not be joining the hate mob.
Demanding "concrete proof" of sexual assault or rape from years ago before you believe victims is part and parcel of the reason many of them don't come forward.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
This creeped me out reading this. Now the creepiness of all of this matches how creepy he looked to me all this time. This story was disturbing to read. That poor lady, hope she had a lot of help getting through it all after.

Apr 16, 2020

Agreed. No need to be an extremist. All that is needed is to take it seriously.

And as much as I've never liked the guy's face and think he's a manchild, there is a difference between shitty behaviour and criminal behaviour.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking absolute yikes - creepy as hell, and honestly that's a terrifying proposition to be stuck either publicly/in a hotel room with an aggressive stranger, YT personality or not. These tales of meeting contacts and then attempting to get handsy (in front of other people no less) are so disgusting. Let's see how this goes.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
If the story is true, which I personally believe it is, I agree with them that there is no doubt in my mind he has done this sort of thing before and probably succeeded in his goals with other women.

The actions describe a person in power who is well practiced in how to force people into situations without 'forcing' them, through fear of making a scene. It's extremely predatory behaviour that shows the whole thing is centered purely around getting women into vulnerable situations where they can take advantage of them, all while doing everything to have just enough to be able to deny it if accused.

The description of other Joe etc being little side kicks in all of this ring true too, being his wingman and enabling this sort of behaviour because they hope to benefit themselves. Its almost like a crime ring where they got to make 'the boss' happy.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
What do the texts alone prove exactly?

Joe is a dickhead, and if what has been alleged here is true then he needs to face the consequences, but for me those texts don't prove anything.
What type of proof are you looking for from sexual assault, harassment or rape survivors coming forward years after the fact?

Oct 27, 2017
It might get me banned but I'm sorry I've read the whole story and fail to see any sexual harassment...

Its not the usual rape or harassment story that comes out but let's sum up what happened:

Unwanted sexual advances
Separating a girl from her ability to leave a situation, no phone, money, transportation
Trying to intoxicate them
Verbalizing everything you are doing to try and make them feel obligated to return a favor
Not allowing them to talk to others, getting mad when they do
Guilting people for not giving what you want

These all huge red flags for women and scary af. This isn't criminal but it's extremely creepy and borderline pre-rape behavior. What this highly communicates is that he uses his platform to manipulate women.

EDIT: what a lot of people don't understand is that rape isn't always violent. Sometimes its the surrounding situation and fear that makes women feel they need to agree to sex because they fear for their safety. Power dynamics are complex and at at best he is being reckless with his.