• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
That's a false statement and you know it.

My kind of people? What does that even mean?

There's a mountain of evidence of him being a disgusting, creepy douchebag but I don't see sexual harrasment anywhere in her claims.

Maybe you can enlighten "my kind of people" with how any of what he did is a criminal offense?

Did you... think to look up what consitutes sexual harassment?

He literally made her feel like she owes him something for introducing her to inner circles at that dev party.

That is just one example.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I read the screenshots, yes. I dont see evidence of sexual harassment anywhere though. Seems like a creepy, horrible person trying to use their power and influence for sex. I mean, that isn't right either....but it's not sexual harrassment. Maybe I am truly missing a piece of information though.

Isn't this pretty much a modern day dictionary definition of sexual harassment?

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
What i'm trying to say is that this thread and twitter is so quick to point fingers without hearing anyone's side. Accussing Johnny Depp costed him a lot of roles (Pirates of the Carribean is the biggest one), and destroyed his brand image just because people quickly pointed fingers at him without him getting the chance to defend himself. The accused has everything to lose, while the accusser gets away scot-free (most of the time) if it's proven that it's fabricated.
Tell me, what is more prevalent for you: false accusations or real assault cases?

killer7

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Never ever idolise youtube personalities.

Never ever idolise someone. Period.

06DE2F38A30C7B7A9DCDF12EA5C9295A12BE270F

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Did you... think to look up what consitutes sexual harassment?

He literally made her feel like she owes him something for introducing her to inner circles at that dev party.

That is just one example.

The thread title says assault as well as harassment.

Edit: I see the post you quoted claimed there was no evidence even of harassment. I haven't read the entire post linked in the OP, but personally I would consider the excerpt in the OP harassment, not assault.

He asks creepy enough that it certainly casts doubt on his character. But I don't think there's anything, in that excerpt anyway, that crosses the line into assault.

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Angry Joe is one of the few game youtubers I enjoy watching casually. He always seemed very considerate of believing women with their claims or outright defending them. I had no idea that he changed for the worst. Part of me still hopes it's not true but I can't turn a blind eye. I'm going to have to accept if it does turn out to be true.

The same could be said with ProJared, the damage has been done to his channel when he released evidence everyone on twitter just went, "WHELP! sorry btw! hehe."

What's this about? I know what happened to him but not what happened afterwards. Did it turn out to be fabricated? There wasn't a follow-up thread about it, was it?

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
While the text is pretty creepy sounding, I am fucking glad most of you people are not lawyers. It's unimaginable to automatically dismss the accused based only on one claim from the other party.
Same with JP, I honstly have a very hard time believing the incredibly vague statements without any shred of actual proof or an actual statement. Anyone can say literally anything about someone else, but without receipts, there's no reason to side with them.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I used to wonder why he was still being posted here on ERA. I heard some bad shit about him from a couple of years now.

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's a false statement and you know it.

My kind of people? What does that even mean?

There's a mountain of evidence of him being a disgusting, creepy douchebag but I don't see sexual harrasment anywhere in her claims.

Maybe you can enlighten "my kind of people" with how any of what he did is a criminal offense?

None of us have the kind of power and influence you think we do

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
False accusations are a crime. And lol @ victims/accusers "getting away scot-free". They very much don't, no matter if their accusations are true or not. It's extremely common for accusers to be fired from their jobs and/or shunned by a community, in addition to the mass harassment they'll get from fans of whoever person they accuse.

Don't think the accusations cost Depp his role but the continued drop in profits and Depp acting unprofessionally throughout shooting the movie

It affected Depp extremely. Wasn't he almost suicidal?
Also look at his physical condition during that period.

francium87

Oct 27, 2017

Youtube?
Joe sounds like he's going to fight this one out (and maybe it truly is a misunderstanding), but if he pulled similar moves on others as well, someone hopefully will step forward too (an incredible burden to ask of them, no doubt), and GG Joe.

Boomchil

Nov 1, 2017
France
While the text is pretty creepy sounding, I am fucking glad most of you people are not lawyers. It's unimaginable to automatically dismss the accused based only on one claim from the other party.
Same with JP, I honstly have a very hard time believing the incredibly vague statements without any shred of actual proof or an actual statement. Anyone can say literally anything about someone else, but without receipts, there's no reason to side with them.

You're absolutely right.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Angry Joe is one of the few game youtubers I enjoy watching casually. He always seemed very considerate of believing women with their claims or outright defending them. I had no idea that he changed for the worst. Part of me still hopes it's not true but I can't turn a blind eye. I'm going to have to accept if it does turn out to be true.

What's this about? I know what happened to him but not what happened afterwards. Did it turn out to be fabricated? There wasn't a follow-up thread about it, was it?
The underage photo stuff turned out to be untrue. The horrible treatment & gaslighting of his ex-wife (or was she just a GF) still holds from what I've understood.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I hadn't heard of this either. There are some follow-up threads that were locked after he appeared months later to make a video about how we've been lied to.

www.resetera.com

ProJared reappears three months later to address the accusations, claims "you've been lied to"

If we were being lied to why did it take you three months to make this response video Sure bro Plus, thumbnail to make it seem like he's sad and tired and sleepless, that will definitely make them believe

This seems to have been a few months after his original response.

www.resetera.com

ProJared Allegedly Creeped On, Fished for & Sent Nudes to Fans, including Underaged Fans [UP: ProJared responds, see threadmarks]

Is there a source on this? I looked at his subreddit briefly and didn't see anything like that.

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
The underage photo stuff turned out to be untrue. The horrible treatment & gaslighting of his ex-wife (or was she just a GF) still holds from what I've understood.
I hadn't heard of this either. There are some follow-up threads that were locked after he appeared months later to make a video about how we've been lied to.

www.resetera.com

ProJared reappears three months later to address the accusations, claims "you've been lied to"

If we were being lied to why did it take you three months to make this response video Sure bro Plus, thumbnail to make it seem like he's sad and tired and sleepless, that will definitely make them believe

This seems to have been a few months after his original response.

www.resetera.com

ProJared Allegedly Creeped On, Fished for & Sent Nudes to Fans, including Underaged Fans [UP: ProJared responds, see threadmarks]

Is there a source on this? I looked at his subreddit briefly and didn't see anything like that.

Thanks guys. I'm looking into it.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
I mean... We aren't lawyers. We aren't in a court of law. Of course to condemn someone with criminal offence we need good enough proof (or an actual crime), but we can make up our own minds based on what we DO have outside of that in cases that aren't even crimes and/or we know will never see the courts. Currently it doesn't look too good for Joe.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
1. I had no idea about his "RAAAH THOSE SJW" turn last year (?), that kinda sucks, even if he kinda always felt like he could be one of those guys, I was hoping he wasn't.

2. This accusation is bad and his response so far sucks :/ Even if the girl exaggerates, and I don't think she does, but he implies that, there's only bewilderment left of why else he would have invited her not only to a business dinner but also to his room and shower, if that's literally the first time they met after like 2 messages. So yeah, I'm very much inclined to believe her story so far.

This all sucks. I was never one of the biggest AJ fans, but his show stood out as "one of the good ones" back when I was off-on following.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018

GTFOH with this shit

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
Would he go to jail or be charged with a criminal act for any of what she claims?

In a corporate situation he would face disciplinary charges.
PAX is a professional event and he was in a position of power and making advances on a contributor and attempting to make her more drunk using his status at this event. If PAX and AngryJoe's sponsors/partners consider the case he may lose those contracts which would be appropriate course of action for misconduct he's being accused of.

Just because he can't go to jail based on this, does not mean she should stay quiet about being made very uncomfortable and clearly having to avoid something she was clearly not looking for.

The thread title says assault as well as harassment.

Edit: I see the post you quoted claimed there was no evidence even of harassment. I haven't read the entire post linked in the OP, but personally I would consider the excerpt in the OP harassment, not assault.

He asks creepy enough that it certainly casts doubt on his character. But I don't think there's anything, in that excerpt anyway, that crosses the line into assault.

I nowhere referred to her being assaulted.

SENPAIatLARGE

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User banned (permanent): Dismissive and antagonistic commentary concerning sexual misconduct over multiple posts; long history of sexist behaviour.
After that Justin Bieber thread we just had, you think people wouldn't be so quick to bring out the pitchforks and torches...

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
I mean... We aren't lawyers. We aren't in a court of law. Of course to condemn someone with criminal offence we need good enough proof (or an actual crime), but we can make up our own minds based on what we DO have outside of that in cases that aren't even crimes and/or we know will never see the courts. Currently it doesn't look too good for Joe.
Yeah, it doesn't look good, but without the full, or atleast most of the whole story, I don't see how anyone come here with their "I knew it all along!" takes.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
lol that response sucks. But then again, I don't think I'd have any diplomatic way to respond either? I just wouldn't be in those situations in the first place.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I nowhere referred to her being assaulted.

I know. Hence the edit in the post you quoted. I read too quickly and thought they were were talking about assault, then went back and reread the post and realized they had claimed there wasn't even evidence of harassment.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
After that Justin Bieber thread we just had, you think people wouldn't be so quick to bring out the pitchforks and torches...

I could beleive what's in that description. And there's text evidence that someone else was creeped out by his behaviour.

But quite frankly, this place has eaten so much crow over accusations, especially after Bieber, we should wait for him to at least try and provide evidence to the contrary.

Edit: which if it's not clear means I reckon he did it and is a creep but I'll wait before going in on him.

Last edited:

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
So far AJ looks like an asshole with a disgusting attitude. He is welcomed to show receipts on the contrary but...at the very least uncomfy enough to feel threatened, that's not a good start.
OT: who is JP and what's that about projared having a "redemption arc"?
OOT: people unironically using redemption arc when talking about CP allegations are weird.

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
In the first couple of pages, then his fanbase wakes up and it's mostly "you guys aren't lawyers" and "you guys can't cancel anyone without real evidence" for the last 2 pages.

Edit: case in point just above my post

Not really. There's a couple people defending him, sure. There's no page in this thread that "mostly" consists of defense of him.

I'm not going to sit here and organize every post into "For Joe" and "Against Joe" but it's clear the consensus is that he sexually harassed this woman at the least.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
I am glad she has more people tp corroborate her story, I believe her but nothing will happen if she cant substantiate it, and her 2 witnesses will help with that.

I want to see his response with details, all he said is whatever she provided was the extend and the rest is untrue. But there are the messages with her friend she could make public, for instance. What will he say then?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not super familiar with Joe, but I feel like you can't read a lot into his response because he's shown that he's totally willing to show a standoffish attitude to serious criticism.

joextkxr.png

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
yikes i think this thread has been one of the most uncomfortable for me to read. quite a few of these replies make me feel sick to my stomach and deeply uncomfortable thinking I share a forum w/ y'all. As a nb woman the subtle misogyny is def getting under my skin, eck.

ok your take sucks dude but i feel like you don't know what lawyers actually do. are you maybe thinking of judges????

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Why the reaction to question her truthfulness in the first place? That should not be the one of first things you have to say about the case.
It's not a disclaimer in the context of sexual misconduct allegations, the people subjected to it are all too often questioned and gaslighted about the validity of their experiences.

There is a reason why so many survivors don't come out with their stories. And the repercussions of her coming out with this story are also huge potentially in this industry, and not in a good way.

Back off dude, I wasn't gaslighting or doubting anyone. My point was that I don't know what happened which is a fact, I don't and neither do anyone in this thread.

Believing a victim is about investigating their claims to make sure if they're real, not automatically charging the accused party as gullty.

Do I think he did what she claims he did? You can bet I do.

Do I know if he did it or not? No, I have no means of knowing.