• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not surprised about this... he comes across as being this kind of guy. Society should learn.. when people increase in power... we need more safeguards and accountability, most people turn to monsters the moremoney they get.

Heres an asshole bragging about his car, his house, to lure her into his web.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. While there's no one on the list that I watch, some of the names I recognize from hanging out with people I watch.
Won't say it doesn't make me nervous about people I do like, but I guess better that than to unknowingly support a creep.
One easy way to have a smaller chance of suffering from reveals like these or finding out about bigoted streamers is to start actively seeking & following more women & minority streamers. Just stop giving loud (white, straight, cis) manchildren attention, unless they actively engage in battling against misogyny & bigotry (& no one is calling them out as a hypocrite).

Another red flag is also people who "don't like to bring up politics"/"don't like being political" in regards to problematic aspects around video games, streaming etc. That usually/often means their own views are not meant for broad day light or they are weakling centrists who bothsides a lot of stuff (often defending/dismissing criticism about the behaviour of bigots more often than being critical of them).

Metakilt

Banned
Apr 29, 2020
User Banned (Permanent): peddling myths concerning sexual misconduct over multiple posts, account in junior phase
Yeah i'm not gonna join the hate train atm since there's no proof. Just look at Badger after the accusations Badger released a gdrive containing a lot of evidence against what the girl is saying. People should've learned after what happened with Johnny Depp.

Apr 26, 2020
Well im somehow not suprised. I feel like we need to wait until an investigation confirms it. I mean sure a sizeable amount of accusations certainly gives an indication if its real or not , but i feel like we cant trust every story from the moment we hear it(this last part is mainly true for people who got 1 or 2 accusations against them, not a whole lot)

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
Yeah i'm not gonna join the hate train atm since there's no proof. Just look at Badger after the accusations Badger released a gdrive containing a lot of evidence against what the girl is saying. People should've learned after what happened with Johnny Depp.
They just did the same thing with justin bieber, which was super new... so I'll sit this one out.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well im somehow not suprised. I feel like we need to wait until an investigation confirms it. I mean sure a sizeable amount of accusations certainly gives an indication if its real or not , but i feel like we cant trust every story from the moment we hear it(this last part is mainly true for people who got 1 or 2 accusations against them, not a whole lot)

The overwhelming majority of these are never going to be investigated and really that's not the point of it. It's to make people aware. Also straight up the burden of proof here shouldn't be on the victim. If these guys are as innocent as they say they all are then the truth will come out.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Holy shit Joe what the fuck.

But seriously, what the fuck happened to Joe. The guy has pretty much regressed into a legit manchild as of late.

I think "of late" is stretching it. Every time I happen to stumble upon the guy he's acting like a manchild. I remember ten years ago watching a Dragon Age 2 review by him and it was full of homophobic whining that a male character hit on him literally once and him making jokes about a sexually active female character being a "slut" that has "STDs".

Other great examples of classic Joe are him going to a professional event and trying to tell Geoff Keighley he was bad at his job and throwing a babyfit when he was written off. Or the time he filmed himself screaming at the top of his lungs at a trailer for a Superman movie. Or when he tried to say that Kingdom Hearts 3 should be accessible for newcomers and got furious when KH fans told him they didn't want that and he shouldn't bother playing it if he didn't play the others.

Only thing I ever really respected the guy for was I remember him making some solid stands during Gamer Gate that people harassing women online were garbage. I remember him taking heat but he stood his ground at this time. Wasn't aware he did a 180 on that but based on what people are saying in this thread, he did about a year ago. Though based on the story this thread is about, sounds like all he's really done is show his true colors.

I reported one of the posts, but doesn't seem like mods care. I don't see how people coming into these threads simply to say variations of "well that's not surprising" isn't considered drive by. It adds nothing, and just makes it about them.

I get that "well I never liked him, clearly I was right" posts can come across as smug and condescending to people who didn't realize. But it's an honest reaction sometimes, and what else is this thread supposed to be? I see no more value in people going "omg I liked him but now I don't" than going "never liked him". All most posts in a thread like this are going to do is react to the news and discuss the person in question, no?

Apr 26, 2020
Another red flag is also people who "don't like to bring up politics"/"don't like being political" in regards to problematic aspects around video games, streaming etc. That usually/often means their own views are not meant for broad day light or they are weakling centrists who bothsides a lot of stuff (often defending/dismissing criticism about the behaviour of bigots more often than being critical of them).

Sorry but this last part is maybe a bit of a hyperbole. Not all people on youtubers who never bring politics or dont want to discuss politics have immidietly less than clean opinions about them.

They can have al sorts of reasons.
-channel is focused at kids
-Dont want to deal with politicswars in the comment
-Uses youtube/twitch to relax and "load up" for the next work week and dont want to discuss something so draining to discuss as politics.

At the same time sure maybe some people dont want to discuss them because they know they have views , the masses wouldnt appreciate , but to call it red flag is going too far i feel

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn what's the story behind Skill Up?
I don't know if he has been accused of sexual harrasment but one the main reasons he is a banned source here is because he has a second channel and the content in it is, well...

pieceofshitx2fh1.png

Oct 26, 2017
Edit: ^Oh, welp that explains it... I have this one friend who is deaf to all this shit so of course the guy he recommends me is toxic. Did not know he was a banned source here, nearly posted his review.

Damn what's the story behind Skill Up?
Yeah I just found out about him cause of his TLOU2 review which was pretty well done and articulated, wonder what his issue is?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I get that "well I never liked him, clearly I was right" posts can come across as smug and condescending to people who didn't realize. But it's an honest reaction sometimes, and what else is this thread supposed to be? I see no more value in people going "omg I liked him but now I don't" than going "never liked him". All most posts in a thread like this are going to do is react to the news and discuss the person in question, no?
I don't really feel like cherry picking specific posts, I'm not nearly passionate enough to do that, but I think you can take a casual glance through this thread and have a good sense at who is willing to take time to share some more nuanced thoughts. But at the end of the day, I'm not a mod. I reported a post cuz I genuinely think it's no different than any hot take drive by that should be modded, but if the mods disagree that's totally their right.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Joe is definitely annoying and don't care for his reviews but I'm not just going to jump on the bandwagon on canceling people without proof. Johnny depp was lied about and many others have also been canceled without proof.
Movie and pop stars are one thing, thats a whole other level of fame. Some of those celebrities have to deal with fans that have very destructive tendencies (and even then, believing women is a good thing)

Here youre dealing with niche celebrities, theyre not being chased by fans or gold diggers, its not comparable.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
It's pretty gross how some people almost excited about this because they don't want to see him content posted here anymore. Yay! Someone was sexually harassed but "no more dumbshit Angry Joe review threads, thank fuck. ". Fuck off with that.

I hope Joe addresses it and gives his side. It's a bizzare and creepy story. It can be an issue being 100% trust worthy recounting an experience 2 years ago because you forget bits or can remember incorrectly but if it opens a flood gate if new accusations then that's some serious shit. If what she says is true then it absolutely is not the first time doing it.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty gross how some people almost excited about this because they don't want to see him content posted here anymore. Yay! Someone was sexually harassed but "no more dumbshit Angry Joe review threads, thank fuck. ". Fuck off with that.

I hope Joe addresses it and gives his side. It can be an issue being 100% trust worthy recounting an experience 2 years ago but if it opens a flood gate if new accusations then that's some serious shit. If what she says is true then it absolutely is not the first time doing it.

The only thing annoying about abusers getting outed is how it gives shitty people the greenlight to dump on people 'cause they never liked them for whatever reason no one gives a fuck about. Like, no. What matters is that they're shitty people, not that YOU don't like them. People are getting to speak their truths, and that's important, not whatever whiny beef you have.

Apr 26, 2020
The overwhelming majority of these are never going to be investigated and really that's not the point of it. It's to make people aware. Also straight up the burden of proof here shouldn't be on the victim. If these guys are as innocent as they say they all are then the truth will come out.

That is certainly true that most of them arent going to be investigated and calling people out who that should be normal, but im also playing devils advocate here in a sense that i want to propose the possibility that not all accusations are truthful ,again especially if there is 1 accusation on someone(not specifically talking about AngryJoe here, just in the general sense).

Ive my reason to also think this way too. Totally different scenario, but in the world of teachers and schools. If a male teacher is alone with a female student in a classroom , for extra instruction or detention or something(no not all countries have special detention classes, they are done with the teacher who gave the detention) a (luckly) very very very small amount of female students could decide to spread rumours about what Mr.Teacher did to them during that class alone with the male teacher. Nobody saw what happened, the door was closed, but lets just say that the teacher did nothing. He has no way to prove it and (understandably so) the managemant, parents etc would call for the teacher to be fired/arrested. A whole man's life can change due to one simple lie of a student.

Now ofcourse this situation is totally different and women who are sexually harresed should always feel safe to share their story, but i wanted to also look at it from a different side of the coin
Now back to topic if that last side of the coin happened to AngryJoe, i dont think so. I think he is guilty and should be rightfully outed.

Last edited:

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018

I hope Joe addresses it and gives his side. It's a bizzare and creepy story. It can be an issue being 100% trust worthy recounting an experience 2 years ago because you forget bits or can remember incorrectly but if it opens a flood gate if new accusations then that's some serious shit. If what she says is true then it absolutely is not the first time doing it.

What the hell? She wrote it down in great detail, please don't 'both sides' this.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
as expected, several of the comments on that medium post are absolutely vile and disgusting with slurs thrown around to boot. I fucking hate how people idolize certain YTers to the point they think they can do no wrong and will defend them to the point they'll harass anyone who brings up a concern against them, this shit is why victims struggle to come forward, and how awful people like projared survive situations like this, because people suddenly felt that the cheating on his wife thing wasn't a big deal for some reason, because he was cleared of another thing. (Despite him still interacting with minors, and the cheating still taking place, and he hasn't really bothered properly apologizing to her for what he's done... So I still had all my respect for him lost.)

I never heard of Joe much, until back in 2015 when Nintendo did their weird creator program: He basically threw a fit because he uploaded a Mario Party video, it got autoclaimed, and then he pulled the video claiming Nintendo deleted it so he wouldn't cover Nintendo games on his channel anymore and tried to make a big controversy out of their creator program, causing a lot of misinformation over something that was nothing more than just an autoclaim system with a list of games they'll autoclaim due to the program. (It basically led to people claiming they'd strike your vids if you played any of their games, which was never true)

All the claimed vids still remained up worldwide in all the countries, and I also remember some fans called him out on it since they fundraised to buy him a Wii U to play these games to begin with, yet he ended up making a big deal out of nothing practically and threw that away to make a scene. He just continued to act like a baby over it and I remember he even did the same thing when he reviewed BOTW and they autoclaimed his vid, despite him saying he'd never cover an nintendo game again. He left that one up though IIRC, but ever since he came off as a gargantuan asshole and I never cared for him, and it seems that I didn't miss much at all. Very unfortunate to hear this happened, and it's just a sad sign that in this industry not everyone is who they seem to be.

I just hope to god people like Scott the Woz stay wholesome and cool to lead a good example on proper behavior for YTers. We need more chill people like him, SomecallmeJohnny, and others.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Johnny Depp's case is a messy divorce. This is a story with a huge amount of detail and proof in the form of clearly flirty texts from Joe & messages from someone who clearly had seen SOME shit go down between her & Joe to be asking about it in a worried way the next day.

Sorry but this last part is maybe a bit of a hyperbole. Not all people on youtubers who never bring politics or dont want to discuss politics have immidietly less than clean opinions about them.

They can have al sorts of reasons.
-channel is focused at kids
-Dont want to deal with politicswars in the comment
-Uses youtube/twitch to relax and "load up" for the next work week and dont want to discuss something so draining to discuss as politics.

At the same time sure maybe some people dont want to discuss them because they know they have views , the masses wouldnt appreciate , but to call it red flag is going too far i feel
If you stream, you have a responsibility to cultivate a healthy community and that means not ignoring racist, homo- & transphobic, misogynistic pieces of shit who'll try to make your space their own & gatekeep Others. Make it clear that your space is inclusive and you don't tolerate hate. Ban anyone & everyone who doesn't comply. If you let those kinds of shitgibbongs go free, that just cultivates a toxic followerbase and it's harder to get rid of if you get big. If you don't want that responsibility, don't stream.

And kids need to be told this too. Either you play with everyone or fuck off (of course you can try to find a more kid friendly way to say this).

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Disclaimer: This is no excuse for anyone and I am NOT playing this down, what happened shouldn't have happened.

Power has a corrupting influence and when you gain power I believe it has a psychological effect that makes you feel that you can take advantage of those you perceive to have less power than yourself. Weaker people give into it. Seems Joe is one of those weaker people.

Again not an excuse just my way of trying to make sense of how things work with people such as Joe and how people end up the way they end up.

I can tell by the way things go that those who are opposed to Joe's behaviour (some of us) will leave his bubble, and those who support his behaviour will reinforce it by stayingsupporting his behaviour. So Joe won't learn he'll just get worse over time as he attracts more people like him who will act as his support group. People like Joe will always surrounded himself by adoring fans who support his actions rather than critics who will tell him when he's being a garbage human, and he'll never better himself.

Anyway enough of giving him any more attention, I just had to say my thoughts.

I feel sorry for the victim, she was taken advantage of, and it shouldn't have happened to her. No in depth analysis here, black and white, it shouldn't have happened.

She did nothing wrong, Joe saw his opportunity and struck. It saddens me more than angers me that she had to go through something that has had such a negative impact on her.

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Joe is a shitty person, and I stopped following him right after his pro-gun tweets in the immediate aftermath of a school shooting.

That said, I'll wait for his response before picking up my pitchfork. I've made judgments in the past a little too quickly (Johnny Depp, Justin Beiber etc.) so I don't want to rush with my thoughts without hearing the other side.

But fuck Joe in general.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
What the hell? She wrote it down in great detail, please don't 'both sides' this.

Someone shouldn't give their side of the story after a serious accusation? wtf? That's ridiculous. Believing a victim means you take them seriously and trust what they said is true and not just brush it aside or dismiss the statement. An accusation like this needs to be followed up on. Whether it's a statement from Joe or another woman speaking up, or a witness who saw the situation unfold and can recount it. You don't just 100% accept it blindly and that's that, fuck all other information off.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
User banned (1 month): inflammatory accusations against other members, calling them a "hate mob"
Yeah, I'm still amazed that after that, people still will just blindly believe one side of the story. I'm not saying that she is lying, but at the same time, she could be, so until there is concrete proof of it I will not be joining the hate mob.

BoxManLocke

Oct 25, 2017
France
I don't know if he has been accused of sexual harrasment but one the main reasons he is a banned source here is because he has a second channel and the content in it is, well...

pieceofshitx2fh1.png

Holy shit. Well that certainly brings a new light on some of reviews.

What a slimy fuck. He certainly does his best to hide the trash in his work that gets the most views.

Thank you for sharing

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
She was talking a bit about her experiences on her stream just now. Not the itmeJP / RollPlay stuff, but how she was blackballed from R6 events after being sexually harassed by an Ubisoft employee and after refusing to sleep with a pro-player, who then spread lies about her to everyone else in the community. And about how everyone she's turned to for help has shut her out (which is why she's no longer on RollPlay shows). :/