• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jadow

Oct 27, 2017
People coming here to validate their hate for Joe because they don't like his content or whatever are missing the point.

I am glad this lady had the courage to tell her story, and I am hoping this leads to more people to come forward and give more validation to the narrative, I am afraid Joe may just brush this aside considering how big he is.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Not surprising that a number of these celebrity-lites have abused their moment in the spotlight to try and prey on fans within the community they've fostered or smaller creators they can influence. Out them all.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Angry Manipulator and little Manipulator

You know, we really are in the last Angry Joe thread*

*content-wise, get this guy out of here

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I think those kinds of posts in these threads are sort of worthless. Lots of people are assholes, not all of them are rapists or sexual abusers. The takeaway from the last few years should be "wow this can happen to anyone, in any sort of situation, involving anyone", not "I can tell who is a rapist based on whether or not I like them". Like isn't that the entire point of Bill Cosby? That he was this nice guy, clean comic, America's favorite TV dad, did all sorts of charity work, all concealing the fact that he was a monster?

Yep. This is why I don't have preconceived notions about anyone. Someone on the surface level can come across as genuine but it only takes one act be it sexual harassment, assault, abuse, racism, being anti-LGBT, or whatever else to be ousted as a monster and criticized rightly for such disgusting behavior.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
No, you're correct, right down to him "turning into" one of those people. Because he didn't make content like that for most of his career, far as I know. However, this all changed starting in 2019:

rike55762k631.png

He went full Youtube clickbait with that image. The only things missing are capitalizing the full title and adding more exclamation marks.

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit Joe what the fuck.

But seriously, what the fuck happened to Joe. The guy has pretty much regressed into a legit manchild as of late.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
No, you're correct, right down to him "turning into" one of those people. Because he wasn't an "anti-SJW dude" for most of his career, far as I can recall. At least not publicly. However, this all changed starting in 2019:
But seriously, what the fuck happened to Joe. The guy has pretty much regressed into a legit manchild as of late.
Alex joined. Despite Joe's annoying exaggerated persona, there was something "genuine" about his thoughts, he also had absolutely terrible taste in films lol, but lately, you can see how he has been negatively affected by Alex - it's more in line with overall internet opinions, but that is actually worse for him, since he used to have a more interesting take on things, despite the presentation of his content.

it's honestly disappointing to read this, but it is what it is. And contains enough evidence to show that it's true. I can only be disappointed and unsubscribe, while hoping Other Joe releases a channel of his own

Avenger

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 31, 2019
Who gives a shit? You believe the victim. If information & evidence comes out to contradict it, you then take it into consideration. We should be well, well, well beyond the days of preemptive both sides rhetoric when somebody comes forward with a story like this.

No, you hear the victim first then allow facts to hopefully play out appropriately. Didn't we jump the gun recently on a few people on here and turned out to be fabricated?

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Why do people have to be creeps? You have money, fame, yet you feel like forcing someone to be with you?? Geez
He doesn't have a girlfriend?

Oct 27, 2017
Every fucking thread about someone being accused of sexual assault/harassment brings the pre-cogs out of the woodwork.

Come on. There are plenty of weird/angry assholes who have never sexually harassed anyone and plenty of completrly unsuspecting people who have.

Edit: on topic, that story is wild, weird and gross and I hope it's the only one.
It's code for "I don't like this guy, so he must be bad". I grew to dislike angry joe in the last few years so I get that, but then there's guys like projared who seem chill and seemingly don't hold shitty opinions. They still get outed as creeps. (though I heard projared had a redemption arc so maybe he's a bad example, anyway the point stands)

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
Goddamnit Joe. I enjoy his reviews but this is absolutely puke inducing. To be honest, he seems like the kind of guy that pulls shit like this... You guys think he will reply to this?

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
And unsubscribed.

Think i should stick with chill guys like CohhCarnage and Kripparrian. (please do not disappoint me)

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Alex joined. Despite Joe's annoying exaggerated persona, there was something "genuine" about his thoughts, he also had absolutely terrible taste in films lol, but lately, you can see how he has been negatively affected by Alex - it's more in line with overall internet opinions, but that is actually worse for him, since he used to have a more interesting take on things, despite the presentation of his content.

it's honestly disappointing to read this, but it is what it is. And contains enough evidence to show that it's true. I can only be disappointed and unsubscribe, while hoping Other Joe releases a channel of his own
Joe used to tell incels to go fuck themselves. Man, this whole thing is a bummer.

Jan 16, 2019
Pretty gross story, she deserves to be heard but will be listening to all facts and evidence. The Bieber thread earlier was a disaster

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
beyond disgusting to read. I never liked Angry Joe. I used to watch his reviews cause my friend said he is funny but I never found him that funny. He repeats the same lines all the time and his gags/skits are really obvious.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's code for "I don't like this guy, so he must be bad". I grew to dislike angry joe in the last few years so I get that, but then there's guys like projared who seem chill and seemingly don't hold shitty opinions. They still get outed as creeps. (though I heard projared had a redemption arc so maybe he's a bad example, anyway the point stands)

IIRC all he did was say "I beat cancel culture"

I don't know if that counts as redemption, still was a creep who courted minors and cheated

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Why do people have to be creeps? You have money, fame, yet you feel like forcing someone to be with you?? Geez
He doesn't have a girlfriend?

I think he has one now but probably not for much longer.
Unless I'm remembering incorrectly I recall reading that he would fly out female twitch/youtubers of his choosing and let them stay at his house for cons or whatever. That always seemed weird to me.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Goddamnit Joe. I enjoy his reviews but this is absolutely puke inducing. To be honest, he seems like the kind of guy that pulls shit like this... You guys think he will reply to this?
just unsubbed, but I think he will. He responded quickly to the Nostalgia Critic thing (or whatever his network was). Should his response be good or not, remains to be seen. I think we'll see a response in the next five days

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I think those kinds of posts in these threads are sort of worthless. Lots of people are assholes, not all of them are rapists or sexual abusers. The takeaway from the last few years should be "wow this can happen to anyone, in any sort of situation, involving anyone", not "I can tell who is a rapist based on whether or not I like them". Like isn't that the entire point of Bill Cosby? That he was this nice guy, clean comic, America's favorite TV dad, did all sorts of charity work, all concealing the fact that he was a monster?

Co-signed. It really does lean in the direction of making people more likely to be believed over victims if they're "nice", which is something women have been saying all week on Twitter is not true, and there are plenty of people who will show a nice side to everyone else and be a manipulative fucking creep to others.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, it's the guy whose shtick is get angry at videogames. Whodda ever thought he'd be a piece of shit IRL.

YOU DUN FUCKED UP JOE!

Fuck this guy.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
anyone here wants to make an OT thread about this?

Dozens of women have levied sexual assault allegations towards several Twitch streamers, Youtubers, gaming/esports personalities, and gaming industry personnel

If you want something that doesn't stem from someone who's a bit of a shithead themself, I'd suggest using this thread rather than anything from Slasher (who linked this anyway):

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
anyone here wants to make an OT thread about this?

Dozens of women have levied sexual assault allegations towards several Twitch streamers, Youtubers, gaming/esports personalities, and gaming industry personnel

Damn. While there's no one on the list that I watch, some of the names I recognize from hanging out with people I watch.
Won't say it doesn't make me nervous about people I do like, but I guess better that than to unknowingly support a creep.

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Every fucking thread about someone being accused of sexual assault/harassment brings the pre-cogs out of the woodwork.

Come on. There are plenty of weird/angry assholes who have never sexually harassed anyone and plenty of completrly unsuspecting people who have.

Edit: on topic, that story is wild, weird and gross and I hope it's the only one.
What is a pre cog? Like the women in minority report?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Boy the last few days have been a real waterfall of stories coming out between the gaming industry and the wrestling industry.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
What is a pre cog? Like the women in minority report?

Yes, that's what they were referencing. They're saying that when someone popular gets accused of something bad, people pop up saying "I always knew something was up...".

And to be fair: sometimes that is legitimately realizing there were signs, and people need to be better about seeing them and saying something. But it also can come across as jumping in to retroactively justify having disliked someone for other reasons, which is a bit gross. Or can spread the assumption that there always has to have been signs, which can make it even easier for people who are careful about hiding those signs to get away with abuse.

Bobbyleejones

Banned
Aug 25, 2019
User banned (3 weeks): Inflammatory false equivalence concerning sexual harassment, insensitive commentary over a series of posts, prioritizing the feelings of the accused over the accusers
Who gives a shit? You believe the victim. If information & evidence comes out to contradict it, you then take it into consideration. We should be well, well, well beyond the days of preemptive both sides rhetoric when somebody comes forward with a story like this.

Believe the victim always but sometimes these false accusations can be damaging. Damaging for victims speaking out, as false accusations makes it harder for others to believe them.
As for the accused can lose their lives very quickly and can't be recovered if they were found innocent.

Individuals need to understand that accusing someone of harassment is serious but at the same time helps others to speak out. And thay People shouldn't be accusing other of harassment due to bad fallout of a relationship or wanting revenge. As those are equally worse as those that actually commit harassment.

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
This fuckboy really think he big. Dragging her everywhere and not letting her use her phone for hours like he's Mr. Bigshot. Then pulls the victim card when she does something he doesn't like. Hope this bitch gets dragged to the fucking ground.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Holy shit this was hard to read.

I enjoyed his reviews, but his stance on gun control made me unfollow him. And now this? I wonder if he is going to respond. Im sure his fanatic followers will back him up.

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
People using this thread to flex about their previous dislike of Joe being validated is the weirdest thing.

Anyways, wow Joe is creepy in that story. It also comes with some receipts with the texts, so that helps in selling the story.