• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who wins the rematch?

• Joshua via Decision

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Joshua vs KO/TKO

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Ruiz via Decision

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Ruiz vs KO/TKO

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
Ruiz didn't really look that much worse, AJ just had 6 months to remember he was 4 inches taller and won an Olympic gold.

AJ is now #3 in the division rather than the debatable #1 at the start of the year. Fury outboxes him and Wilder finds a haymaker.

Oct 27, 2017
Lame fight but I guess that's mostly due to Ruiz not being in shape enough to cut off AJ. Would be nice if we could see WIlder/AJ but I'm sure AJ wants no part of that. Everything about him just screams soft to me.

They both have pretty good reason not to want it. Both are very big punchers, Joshua has far better fundamentals when he's on his game, but both know only one of them has been KO'd before, so that would be an interesting psychological element.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Exactly how the first fight should've gone. Crossing over the Atlantic was a block for the lad, clearly.

He's still gonna get outclassed by Fury/Wilder.

Well done, Andy Ruiz. Fantastic story and a great guy.

Daverytimes

Oct 25, 2017
That was a bit too easy for AJ, but am no longer confident AJ can get a result against Wilder and he is most certainly to lose if he fought fury.

Salty Catfish

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Ruiz didn't really look that much worse, AJ just had 6 months to remember he was 4 inches taller and won an Olympic gold.

AJ is now #3 in the division rather than the debatable #1 at the start of the year. Fury outboxes him and Wilder finds a haymaker.
Yeah, if he tries to clinch Wilder like he was trying to clinch Ruiz today, good night.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna laugh if Wilder/Ruiz happens next instead of Wilder/Fury, because boxing is boxing

Outlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
AJ did his thing huh? Good for him. Maybe he will get a little more respect now but I dunno. Seemed like a lot of people really hated him for some reason. Good for his career here though for certain.

Hope Ruiz secured the bag through all this. Seems like a great guy.
Ruiz payout is estimated to be 9-10 million, AJ's is 60 million.

Ruiz was making $30k before the first bout, so he definitely secured a bag given his pay history.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
RUIZ CAME INTO THE SECOND FIGHT OVERWEIGHT SO IF HE LOST HE CAN GET A REMATCH

THE MASTERMIND

Cycas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Boring fight but brilliant boxing by AJ, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, why put it on a 50/50 with a bang up.

AJ/Fury would be good boxing and I like AJ light for that fight. Needs to go in heavier for Wilder.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
3rd fight is bullshit.

What is Ruiz gonna do, drop 4 stone. Get the fuck out, no disrespect but he isnt going to change the way he fights, hes short and fat and that wont change in a third fight?

He has set his family for life but dont take the piss out of the fans either. You've just took a bad L and now you want to take that money again to repeat that performance. Nah

And fuck Eddie Hearn, saudi slave blood sucking prick

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
Glad I didn't pay for this shit. For all the "good boxing" shit, AJ has like no grace at all. If you're gonna run then at least make it look good.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
If Fury Wilder is in February there's room for a 3rd fight before a unification in the second half of 2020. If AJ wanted to unify he would have mentioned it in that interview though.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
3rd fight is bullshit.

What is Ruiz gonna do, drop 4 stone. Get the fuck out, no disrespect but he isnt going to change the way he fights, hes short and fat and that wont change in a third fight?

He has set his family for life but dont take the piss out of the fans either. You've just took a bad L and now you want to take that money again to repeat that performance. Nah

And fuck Eddie Hearn, saudi slave blood sucking prick

Yeah, Ruiz had no plan to get inside at all. Has zero reach no speed to get inside and no strategy. Now that Joshua respects his power there was no fight.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that they are aligned with completely different networks and promoters makes me dubious that a Joshua fight with either Fury or Wilder will happen any time soon, no matter how much lip service Hearn or any one else wants to pay. Each has their own massive financial interests that are in direct conflict with each other.

I believe Hearn signed a huge deal with DAZN, so what, are they just going to let AJ fight on another network (in what could be the biggest fight of his career)?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that they are aligned with completely different networks and promoters makes me dubious that a Joshua fight with either Fury or Wilder will happen any time soon, no matter how much lip service Hearn or any one else wants to pay. Each has their own massive financial interests that are in direct conflict with each other.
THIS!!!