• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who wins the rematch?

• Joshua via Decision

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Joshua vs KO/TKO

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Ruiz via Decision

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Ruiz vs KO/TKO

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
In case you're wondering how we got here...

6 months ago ^ this happened.

On June 1st 2019 Heavyweight Champion Anthony Joshua was set to fight what was seen by many as a tune up fight against 11-1 underdog Andy Ruiz, what should of been an appetizer to a possible Joshua vs. Deontay Wilder mega-fight turned out to be a complete nightmare for Joshua as Andy Ruiz ended up shocking the world in one of the biggest upsets in Heavyweight boxing history.

Fast forward to today and the highly anticipated rematch is set.
Will Ruiz do it again or will Joshua get his revenge?

Hls29Ty.png

Find out today!
Presented by DAZN

75Fw1af.jpg

#RIPHBOBoxing

t1575751500z1.png

*added timer for the main event.

Last edited:

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
Like the actual main event starts at 345?
Or the undercard?

Axumite

Nov 19, 2017
I like Ruiz more, and he's got a good chance of winning, but I'm worried that the hype from winning the first fight is making people underestimate Joshua. I think it'll be rough for both of them but Joshua takes it.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Siding with AJ. Ruiz is heavy, even heavier than the first fight. That tells me his been living the good life. When Buster Douglas beat Tyson his next fight was vs Holyfield and he came in 15lbs heavier than the Tyson fight.

Ruiz exactly the same.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Siding with AJ. Ruiz is heavy, even heavier than the first fight. That tells me his been living the good life. When Buster Douglas beat Tyson his next fight was vs Holyfield and he came in 15lbs heavier than the Tyson fight.

Ruiz exactly the same.

while that's certainly plausible, the key differences for me are that Ruiz wasn't exactly In stellar shape the first time around, it's possible he's just one of those guys that are comfortable fighting at that weight/shape, and secondly, AJ is no Evander Holyfield. Ruiz exposed some serious red flags in AJ's game last time around, both technically/physically and mentally.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
while that's certainly plausible, the key differences for me are that Ruiz wasn't exactly In stellar shape the first time around, it's possible he's just one of those guys that are comfortable fighting at that weight/shape, and secondly, AJ is no Evander Holyfield. Ruiz exposed some serious red flags in AJ's game last time around, both technically/physically and mentally.

True but the point was Douglas came into the Holyfield fight as a guy who won the gold and enjoyed everything that comes with it was just happy to have reached the top of the mountain.

We will see if Ruiz is similar just the weight concerns me.

I see a much lighter AJ moving tonight and Ruiz is going to have use his legs to get close so he needs to be conditioned.

With the first fight Ruiz never had a full camp. His had 12 weeks this time so I really expected him to be lighter. It was a concern when his trainer said Ruiz didn't turn up at the start of camp.

Deleted member 11985

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh wow, I didn't know about this. I'll probably try to watch it. The last boxing match I watched was Mayweather vs. McGregor.

Brashnir

Oct 25, 2017
True but the point was Douglas came into the Holyfield fight as a guy who won the gold and enjoyed everything that comes with it was just happy to have reached the top of the mountain.

I see a much lighter AJ moving tonight and Ruiz is going to have use his legs to get close so he needs to be conditioned.

With the first fight Ruiz never had a full camp. His had 12 weeks this time so I really expected him to be lighter. It was a concern when his trainer said Ruiz didn't turn up at the start of camp.

I think it's also worth noting that Ruiz is just a flat-out better fighter than Douglas was. His only loss was a very questionable decision vs. Joseph Parker.

That said, I still favor Joshua in this one, but I wouldn't count Ruiz out.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
hoping for a good one. I like both guys, and wouldn't mind seeing a trilogy, but rooting for Ruiz.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
this will be my third boxing fight, i watched Conor vs mayweather and KSI vs Logan Paul, you can say i'm a boxing expert.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Way, way too many questions to be certain in either direction. And of all of them, Ruiz's weight is just about the last.

I don't imagine Ruiz changing too much. Whereas, AJ is the arbiter of what happens. Is he in it, mentally? Did we see the man behind the Wizard?

Not sure and def. not counting AJ out. He's talented, fast, strong. He definitely NEEDS to keep his guard sharp, and use his length this time. Getting into dirty phone booth shit with a dude like Ruiz was a mistake the first go and I don't imagine it will do him any favors this time around.

If the entire fight can provide as much excitement as R3 I'll be happy.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017

That's certainly possible, and I'd be concerned too, but Buster Douglas was a career underachiever who had the night of his life (on the heels of his mom passing away IIRC) against Tyson and then reverted back to the things that made him an underachiever in the first place. Andy Ruiz is a legitimately great fighter, and has fought at "questionable" weight pretty much his whole career. The way he looked was pretty much the reason he was such a big underdog (and a last minute replacement) the first time around.

I think if he can still maintain his hand speed at this weight against Joshua, and if Joshua insists on fighting like an idiot, I don't see why he can't win.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Way, way too many questions to be certain in either direction. And of all of them, Ruiz's weight is just about the last.

I don't imagine Ruiz changing too much. Whereas, AJ is the arbiter of what happens. Is he in it, mentally? Did we see the man behind the Wizard?

Not sure and def. not counting AJ out. He's talented, fast, strong. He definitely NEEDS to keep his guard sharp, and use his length this time. Getting into dirty phone booth shit with a dude like Ruiz was a mistake the first go and I don't imagine it will do him any favors this time around.

If the entire fight can provide as much excitement as R3 I'll be happy.

Yep Ruiz has the quicker hands so punching with Ruiz isn't an option. He needs to double jab and hit Ruiz to the body. Can't walk back in straight lines, needs lateral movement and not so much of a high guard. Blocking punches still takes energy, so needs to slip punches.

Take centre ring and that jab has to be stiff and fast as a lazy jab allows Ruiz to throw the right hand over the jab.

Ruiz will want to get close so use an uppercut to get him on the way in.

OP
OP

Deleted member 42105

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Did they confirm on the broadcast that the main event is delayed?

It's suppose to start in 25 minutes.

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
Wtf at this start time. They really put this in the same timeslot as the SEC championship?

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Dudes been down for how long, and not a single replay? Just a wide shot of the ring and Pacheco being concerned.

C'mon Dazn.

jchap

Oct 27, 2017
I think Joshua will win and get the hype train rolling again for another epic derailment the next time he fights Wilder/Fury

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Commentators saying all they've seen is sun IRL and the forecast. Cut to them, wearing ponchos.