• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tawantabe

Mar 20, 2019
I saw this thread up again and thought mannn Andy dick sure reminds me of a friend I had to punch once, I bet he was grOpping someone against their will, yup!

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Update: Charges dropped. Andy Dick accused of grabbing privates by the cold cock-er.

www.nola.com

Case dropped against man who punched out Andy Dick in the French Quarter last summer

Saying the performer hasn't been cooperative in their investigation, Orleans Parish prosecutors will not pursue a case against the man who punched comedian Andy Dick outside a French Quarter nightclub
Glad this is the reason this was bumped. Did say, am saying, and will never stop saying fuck Andy Dick, miserable sex pest.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Since this thread is bumped, have you guys ever heard about the time Jon Lovitz beat the shit out of Andy Dick because Andy Dick thought it'd be funny to crack jokes about Phil Hartman's death?

It's pretty great.
Laugh Factory owner Jamie Masada, who witnessed the assault, said, "Jon picked Andy up by the head and smashed him into the bar four or five times, and blood started pouring out of his nose." Lovitz told Page Six, "All the comedians are glad I did it because this guy is a [bleep]hole."

Lovitz and Dick have been at loggerheads since a 1997 Christmas party at Hartman's house, five months before his troubled wife Brynn flipped out, fatally shooting Hartman, then killing herself. "Andy was doing cocaine, and he gave Brynn some after she had been sober for 10 years. Phil was furious about it - and then five months later he's dead," said Lovitz, adding that when he filled in on Hartman's "Newsradio" sitcom, "I told Andy, 'I wouldn't be here now if you hadn't given Brynn that cocaine.' "

Last year, Lovitz related, a drunken Dick strolled up to his table at Ago in West Hollywood, rudely downed his guests' peach liqueur drinks, and "looked at me and said, 'I put the "Phil Hartman hex" on you - you're the next one to die.' I said, 'What did you say?' and he repeated it. I wanted to punch his face in, but I don't hit women."
Article from HuffPost which originally pulled it from the NY Post. Fuck Andy Dick.

As for the topic itself? I'm not at all surprised to find out that Andy Dick did something to make someone else want to punch him in the face and I'm 100% ok with the prosecution deciding to drop the charges against the guy that knocked him out.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Update: Charges dropped. Andy Dick accused of grabbing privates by the cold cock-er.

www.nola.com

Case dropped against man who punched out Andy Dick in the French Quarter last summer

Saying the performer hasn't been cooperative in their investigation, Orleans Parish prosecutors will not pursue a case against the man who punched comedian Andy Dick outside a French Quarter nightclub
What a shocker that Andy Dick creep fuck deserved to be clobbered

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Since this thread is bumped, have you guys ever heard about the time Jon Lovitz beat the shit out of Andy Dick because Andy Dick thought it'd be funny to crack jokes about Phil Hartman's death?

It's pretty great.

Article from HuffPost which originally pulled it from the NY Post. Fuck Andy Dick.

As for the topic itself? I'm not at all surprised to find out that Andy Dick did something to make someone else want to punch him in the face and I'm 100% ok with the prosecution deciding to drop the charges against the guy that knocked him out.
I'm 90% sure not only has everyone heard it, it's probably the main thing Dick is known for.

Other than the Andy Dick Show.

I'm certain someone brought it up in this thread already lol

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm 90% sure not only has everyone heard it, it's probably the main thing Dick is known for.

Other than the Andy Dick Show.

I'm certain someone brought it up in this thread already lol
Really? See this is why Internet People are different than Real World People, because nobody ever seems to know this when I drunkenly drone on about it at bars I go to. (Well, used to go to, when bars were still a thing that existed.)

It's a story worth repeating. I'll be telling it to my grandkids. First I'll make them watch The Critic, though, just so they have some context for it all. :)

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland

It's pretty great.

As a matter of fact I just read about it not too long ago. Seeing the thread bumped I saw posts stating Dick had a hand in Hartman's death due to giving his wife cocaine. I had to look into it and came across that Laugh Factory event. I never cared for Andy Dick, and can't say I've ever looked into his past or even knew he was associated with Hartman. I never would have expected that from Lovitz, either!

Either way, glad to hear the charges were dropped considering Dick seems to have instigated it with sexual assault.

Lion

Banned
Jul 7, 2020
Giving someone cocaine at a party does not equal having any role in a murder /suicide. Generally speaking, it would be considered generous (if in this care irresponsible). There is no way he could have anticipated that giving someone cocaine would result in a murder /suicide.
I have no knowledge of the other stories about the guy, but cheering on possible brain damage, because he one shared his coke is in very poor taste.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Giving someone cocaine at a party does not equal having any role in a murder /suicide. Generally speaking, it would be considered generous (if in this care irresponsible). There is no way he could have anticipated that giving someone cocaine would result in a murder /suicide.
I have no knowledge of the other stories about the guy, but cheering on possible brain damage, because he one shared his coke is in very poor taste.
It's way more than that one incident, he is a serial sex offender and abuser.

I don't know. Maybe don't defend monsters.

Lion

Banned
Jul 7, 2020
User Banned (2 weeks): concern trolling
It's way more than that one incident, he is a serial sex offender and abuser.

I don't know. Maybe don't defend monsters.
Look I don't even know who the guy is, but scanning through the first few responses, people seemed to be suggesting he was practically a murderer for giving someone else drugs.
By all means criticise him for anything else he has done, but the murder feels like a stretch.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I knew it, there is always one. Even if you take that thought, how do you feel about the fact that Dick has joked about it to the point of both in his act and just publicly in crowds that he's the reason Hartman is dead, which is the exact reason Lovitz coldcocked him as per the laugh factory story shared in this thread even on this page? Or how about the fact he has been both publicly And in private groping and assaulting in a sexual manner men and women (with the worst punishment being probation) repeatedly and uninterrupted since at least the Newsradio days to now, considering that's why he got punched in the incident this article is about?

But no, have to take the high ground and moral purity, which is exactly why this shit happens, from Andy dicks behaviour all the way to the resurgence and powergrabs of facists.

Sometimes one has to grow a spine and say "no more". Sometimes one person getting hurt saves others from getting hurt.

I am so done with the let's be carpets and let the world walk over us so we can be woke and pure mentality.

You want to hogtie a pig you need to get muddy sometimes, and Andy Dick is a pig.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Look I don't even know who the guy is, but scanning through the first few responses, people seemed to be suggesting he was practically a murderer for giving someone else drugs.
By all means criticise him for anything else he has done, but the murder feels like a stretch.

Someone tries to joke about someone that just died they're going to get punched. That's just reality as I've understood it for the last few decades. Compound that with stacking allegations of sexual assault over the years leaves me with zero fucks given if dude got punched.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA

He's a comedian who was one of the first known for absurdist stuff back in the 2000's. He also seems to have been a sexual predator and abused others. I am guessing that is why he fell off the map late in his career and other standup comedians make jokes about what a terrible person he is. He's even admitted to doing fucked up shit like licking men and women on their cheeks unsolicited. "Oh that's just what I do!" I believe his words were. Who licks someone out of the blue? And he's been accused of worse.

So yea, fucked up guy.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
"I don't know the guy, I don't know the situation, and I don't understand why anyone is upset, but here are my opinions anyways!"

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still think it's kind of amazing that Andy Dick has done this so many times, that I personally know TWO people - unrelated to each other, who've been accosted and grabbed by him.

Don't condone violence - but his provocations are physical. He's not just flirting or joking. He's a grabber.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

"I don't who he is, but hey I'm gonna defend him!"

giphy.gif

TheOther

Jan 10, 2019
Texas

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
It's like that "prankster" who grabbed several celebrities in red carpets, and Gigi Hadid (I think) was the one who punched him the fuck out when he tried to grab her.

Surely there was a defense force or a "violence is baaaad" even then.

Edit: Apparently Will Smith and Brad Pitt also punched this shithead, my bad.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Same, lol.

How infamous is this guy for this crap, anyway? I even remember him making the local news for it back when I lived in WV.
Well, whenever his name pops up before any other context I pretty much figure it's another accusation and not an acting job.

Hell his IMDB should read "Andy Dick, noted drug addict and sex offender, who also occasionally appeared on television a couple of decades ago..."

pennanton

Oct 31, 2017

You're missing the point of why this is a problem. Hartmans wife had known issues with drug and physical abuse. Dick reintroduced her to cocaine and contributed to the state she was in when she murdered her husband. Whether Dick knew of her issues is irrelevant since he clearly absolved himself of any possible responsibility or contribution to the murder, and instead went on to taunt Lovitz by putting the 'Phil Hartman hex' on him.

If this isn't the definition of a despicable person I don't know what to tell you, pal.

Beren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Andy Dick.

I actually knew a former child actor who did a scene with Andy Dick way back in the day. Unsolicited, Dick just called him a "fat kid" and laughed. Fat shamed a kid.

Small potatoes compared to other shit he's done, but holy shit what a piece of garbage.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017