• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
The wifi toggle getting buried is really stupid, I agree. I toggle it on and off at least once a day.

They added Wifi AP list to that menu so toggling Wifi would still be two steps even if they kept the cell and wifi as separate tiles. So it makes more sense to combine them.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it's fucking awful.

When your UI has me thinking of switching to iOS ya done goofed

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can't say I agree.

I'm not a fan of the new notification pull down menu, but only because it blanks the rest of the screen. And personally would still like to have WiFi and Data being a separate button, but everything else looks pretty nice.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not liking how the lock screen looks on Android 12. The clock is too huge. That pulldown menu is not appealing.

Sir_Caffeine

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
Haven't got the update yet. But I won't be switching launchers from my current Niagara. Its just so clean and easy, gotten so use to it now that looking a any othee android /ios screen just looks messy to me.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Hold on the home screen and you should see a widget menu. The weather one should be under "Google"

press and hold a blank part of any screen and it'll give you the option to manage widgets.

Oh sounds like your are talking about the lock screen? The other poster said you only see the oversized clock if you don't have any notification.

You should be able to add widget by long press an empty space on the home screen (after unlocking the phone) and follow whatever is on the screen which is launcher dependent.

THANK YOU all so much!!!

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
Only thing really bothering me is the lock screen clock. Can't believe there aren't options to change it.

Super-Volt

Apr 19, 2021
United States
I agree the lock screen clock looks terrible.I set a new lock screen background that sort of mitigates how bad the clock looks, but I'd prefer an option to display the time smaller, in the upper left all of the time.

I also don't like the labelled icons in the pull-down menu where there used to be clean, simple icons. Icons looked clean and there were four or five of them in each row, but now there's only two per row and it just looks bad.

Quadrophenic

Oct 28, 2017
I have a pixel 5, and liked the update. I wasn't expecting such a huge ui overhaul and was surprised when the update rolled out. So far I've enjoyed it and have had no issues.....

Except the lock screen clock is bad looking. Remind me of that movie poster trend from the 2000s with the giant text in front of an image (think Social Network).

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
So is this a bit of a disaster? I know I'm a special case because I use Talkback to navigate, but ever since the update my phone has been randomly unresponsive at times. The navigation options at the very bottom don't work, I'm unable to select the text I want it to read, and then sometimes it will just randomly crash. The reboot is super quick but it sucks to say the least.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Not really happy with the first impressions on this. Hopefully Samsung's One UI tidies it up. (Can't believe I'm saying that)

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Yeah, add me to the pile of "it's a DBZ thread, time to go defend my boy Gohan"