• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Good riddance. Now his supporters will have to do something other than annoy me when I jog.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
😭😭
oh well. He had a good run. Hope he'll stick around politics and bring some positive changes and new ideas to Washington.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
If Biden continues to 4th-Place or worse and refuses to concede in time for the Convention, then I'm suspicious of the possibility of some Superdelegate shenanigans once again stealing the nomination from Sanders.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His money shit was real fucking dumb and I was tired of hearing it brought up in serious conversations so thank god he was out... he had no chance anyway

UBI will be needed before the end of this decade or else you will see further social erosion. Him being the only person even talking about it is a red flag for our preparations, even if one can object to the specifics of his plan..

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I mean, dude was basically just facing reality at this point, he didn't have a snowballs chance.

But he did at least plant seeds for future elections.

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
F's in chat

He raised a lot of issues that probably wouldn't have been brought up otherwise, but yeah, now is a good time to get out for him.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad he ran, he brought up some good talking points about where technology is going and what threats we'll face in the future. I think in most other years he could have been more prominent, but he wasn't a good candidate for this election cycle.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should I vote for Bernie for primaries? Convince me, please. Honest question.

Sanders is one of the few candidates that doesn't want to bring us back to "normal" but to start tearing at the scar tissue we've carried along for decades.

We either address all of the issues we face at once, settle for a return to mediocrity, or allow a movement into a dictatorship. Pick one.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Women actually make up a larger potion of the population than men, so really I should be listing Biden.
When talking about minorities we often look at the context. So women in politics would be listed.

Similar to how you did not list all white people on the stage, despite them not being the majority of the world population.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
If Biden continues to 4th-Place or worse and refuses to concede in time for the Convention, then I'm suspicious of the possibility of some Superdelegate shenanigans once again stealing the nomination from Sanders.

Yang is awesome! I hope he stays in politics.

Why do people keep thinking superdelegates stole Bernies nomination? Didn't clinton have like millions more votes than Bernie?

Nox

Dec 23, 2017
Well, that's how the Dems will lose a lot of people who dont normally vote/vote Dem. Huge loss

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Most of them need to drop out already. Bernie, Booty and Klob are the only three that should still be in this.

Euron

Oct 27, 2017
He brought a good topic to the public eye but he also turned it into a meme and coasted off of 4chan supporters. He helped some get into politics which is good but he isn't someone who should be missed at all.

Oct 27, 2017
Him and Booker were the only candidates speaking about the need to accelerate the commercialization of advanced gen iv+ molten salt reactors (MSRs) which will play a crucial role in mitigating global warming, in that it would be a sustainable base load power generation solution and allow renewables more time for r&d to increase efficiency.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What happens next? will he get his supporters to vote for Bernie?

He can try. A significant enough portion of his audience are former Trump people, some of which have implied if Yang is out, they're gonna go back to him.

It's gonna be up to Yang to use the fame and notoriety he gained to help campaign against that. Of course, that becomes harder to do when you elect candidates who have been part of the problems, like Biden...

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
60k votes was the difference between Clinton and Trump winning the presidency.
Right, but his supporters won't all go to one candidate. They will spread out. His numbers are so low, after they disperse, it's not going to do much for anyone.

Dec 31, 2017
Sucks. Ubi is a concept that will.have to be dealt with soon.

Not a perfect candidate, but automation and offshoring are nothing to ignore.

Hopefully in 2024 or 2028 someone runs with the idea.

Social security for all?

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
His money shit was real fucking dumb and I was tired of hearing it brought up in serious conversations so thank god he was out... he had no chance anyway
The way the America is going, wages being the same for decades while the prices of literally everything rise. where drug prices are so high they're in another galaxy. where college can put you in debt for almost your entire working life. where a broken arm can put you out on the street because of hospital bills. UBI will be absolutely necessary and even the old GOP crones will support it over any sort of change to capitalism.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
whos he endorsing, come on Yang, show the haters your a Democrat.

also, i liked who he was, and it was nice seeing a Asian trying and getting attention.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The way the America is going, wages being the same for decades while the prices of literally everything rise. where drug prices are so high they're in another galaxy. where college can put you in debt for almost your entire working life. where a broken arm can put you out on the street because of hospital bills. UBI will be absolutely necessary and even the old GOP crones will support it over any sort of change to capitalism.

The last lifeline the left has that is preventing them from going full UBI is the federal jobs program and raising the minimum wage, and yet from an Obama era report, people who work in services who make less than $20 an hour are at very high risk of losing their jobs completely.

Remind me what we're trying to raise the minimum wage to? Something clearly in the range of risk, still.

Like the ACA, the current movement is a band-aid, only for the bleeding to continue, and then for an epiphany to occur: band-aids don't stop bullet wounds. It's a shame so few see this.

Ominym

Oct 25, 2017
Clowning on the Yang Gang memes aside, he would be a fantastic add to someone's cabinet. Might help him beef up his credentials for another run down the line.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
The Pod Save America peeps played some short interviews they did with 3 Iowa Caucus people who were for Yang. All 3 said their alternative if it wasn't Yang... Trump.