• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
That would be amazing. I wonder how it would be paid for though. Obviously they'd have to tax the rich more, which I'd be all about, but that seems impossible to do. This city is so corrupt.

Doesn't NY already have a problem with rich people leaving with their tax dollars? At least I've read that somewhere.

But anyway Yang is cool.

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't NY already have a problem with rich people leaving with their tax dollars? At least I've read that somewhere.

But anyway Yang is cool.
43% of the city's and 51% of the state's tax revenue comes from the 1%.

The city and state are horribly wasteful in their spending and fail to deliver quality services.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
p07wyj3b.jpg
...context?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The primary is going to be so cluttered, he has a chance of winning on name ID alone.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
How good are his chances?

Of candidates who announced and were rumored to be running in the few polls we've had so far, most voters are undecided. Of those who picked a candidate, Yang was far and away the frontrunner, eclipsing the next three top-polling candidates combined.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

At the time of his presidential run, the Yang campaign was celebrating something and Yang himself decided to spray whip cream in a supporter's mouth. It would seem no one was paying attention to how it looked save for a mortified staffer who tried to put a stop to it.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
At the time of his presidential run, the Yang campaign was celebrating something and Yang himself decided to spray whip cream in a supporter's mouth. It would seem no one was paying attention to how it looked save for a mortified staffer who tried to put a stop to it.

Lol, this is something one of my friends would do, I think we'd get along.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
Worried he was like tulsi for a bit, but he seems legit, and I know he might be a bit too moderate for reset in some areas but I like him. He's got a idealistic poor dumb dog thing going on. That thing about Asian Americans doubling down was dumb but came from a good heart.
(As a asian american I got a soft spot for him)

He's gonna die as mayor. I hope he does great but I have no faith.

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Worried he was like tulsi for a bit, but he seems legit, and I know he might be a bit too moderate for reset in some areas but I like him.
What does being a "moderate" have to do with collecting trash and cleaning streets/bike lanes/bus stops of snow?

For fucks sake we need to stop electing local politicians based on national platforms. When you do that you end up with DeBlasio.

Dec 12, 2017
Of candidates who announced and were rumored to be running in the few polls we've had so far, most voters are undecided. Of those who picked a candidate, Yang was far and away the frontrunner, eclipsing the next three top-polling candidates combined.
Yeah but that's only because of name recognition. De Blasio wasn't on anyone's radar until the debates started.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
I know you shouldn't vote based on identity/race... but this would be a big win for Asian Americans after DeBlasio trying to reduce their numbers from the specialized high schools and ignoring them as minorities (FYI a large chunk of NYC's working class and poor are Asian).

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
I supported his presidential campaign and will do the same now. Smart guy with more than a surface level understanding of problems that seems to genuinely want to make peoples lives better.

greengr

Dec 3, 2018

That video is amazing,you can pinpoint the moment the campaign's manager soul left his body. And no that was no random staffer,iirc it was his campaign manager.

Last edited:

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I don't think he has a good shot but we'll see how he does, and if he does manage to win, how he tackles the problems there.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Man, Yang cannot help himself stepping into shit in interviews, haha.

Noting the challenges of fulfilling his CNN obligations from his apartment, he continued, "We live in a two-bedroom apartment in Manhattan. And so, like, can you imagine trying to have two kids on virtual school in a two-bedroom apartment, and then trying to do work yourself?"

Well.... uhh, most people don't have to imagine that because that's how they've been living for at least ~10 months.

Otherwise it's a decent article about his candidacy and the challenges it faces primarily around him not being in NYC much the last few years with a primary just 6 months away.

www.nytimes.com

Can Andrew Yang Make It in New York City Politics?

Mr. Yang has name recognition, fund-raising ability and some different ideas on how to run a government. How will that play in a city ravaged by the pandemic?

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Well.... uhh, most people don't have to imagine that because that's how they've been living for at least ~10 months.

Otherwise it's a decent article about his candidacy and the challenges it faces primarily around him not being in NYC much the last few years with a primary just 6 months away.

www.nytimes.com

Mr. Yang has name recognition, fund-raising ability and some different ideas on how to run a government. How will that play in a city ravaged by the pandemic?

Most of his opponents own brownstones.

Let's not pretend that there is a actual "of the people" candidate. That person would be sharing a bedroom in an illegally converted townhouse in corona.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017

www.nytimes.com

That quote is sinking him right now with New Yorkers

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017

Let's not pretend that there is a actual "of the people" candidate. That person would be sharing a bedroom in an illegally converted townhouse in corona.

Yeah for sure everyone who runs for higher office is rich, it's just a really dumb thing to say "Imagine living like [how all of your voters are currently living]!?"

Dec 12, 2017

You don't have to be of people, you do however actually understand what they're going through. His main knock is that he's not really a NYer, that quote didn't help.

Last edited:

Poody

Oct 27, 2017
If he becomes mayor this will only further legitimize his career. Yang Gang 2024

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would've went with 'Drew York City.

Does he really have a shot at winning this? He seems to be a rich guy trying to find something to do.
NYC absolutely needs a technocratic mayor. Not more mayors who run on national political platforms.

BDB got elected with only 5% of the city voting for him.

Last edited:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
NYC absolutely needs a technocratic mayor. Not more mayors who run on national political platforms.

BDB only got elected with 5% of the city voting for him.
No one really votes for Mayors. It frustrates me how national politics take center stage when local, state matter way more.

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.

www.nytimes.com

As someone that's never even been to New York is this really that important? Like guys he made a joke that didn't land about the pandemic. Move on. Dude wants to give people 1000 dollars a month. And might actually do something about the NYPD.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
As someone that's never even been to New York is this really that important? Like guys he made a joke that didn't land about the pandemic. Move on. Dude wants to give people 1000 dollars a month. And might actually do something about the NYPD.

Is it important? No. Is it worth mentioning that a millionaire made a stupid remark about, like, "imagine living in a 2 BR apartment with your kids learning from home...." when literally like every single New Yorker with a family is in that exact situation, yeah, it's worth mentioning.

Lol "move on," the article was published at 7am, my post was at 930am...

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
Is it important? No. Is it worth mentioning that a millionaire made a stupid remark about, like, "imagine living in a 2 BR apartment with your kids learning from home...." when literally like every single New Yorker with a family is in that exact situation, yeah, it's worth mentioning.

Lol "move on," the article was published at 7am, my post was at 930am...

I mean far I guess. I just don't get it to be honest. Like politicians have said much worse stuff before and we ignore that all the time.