• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
He was one of my favorites to watch on IGN and always digged his Persona knowledge. He'll be missed and I hope he's on to something even better.

Mod Edit:

Last edited by a moderator:

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Met him for like 30 seconds at PAX East last year, seemed cool based on those 30 seconds. Best of luck~

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I like his personality and his love for Japanese games. If he starts his own thing, I will gladly follow/support.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Call me crazy, but people from sucker punch started following him very recently and the job position for the community manager is gone now from their website.
I think he might be the new community manager for Ghost of Tsushima.

Timppis

Banned
Apr 27, 2018
Damn. Fantastic journo and always positive and enthusiastic on his appearances.

All the best. Hopefully it's Nintendo where he is headed :D

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Call me crazy, but people from sucker punch started following him very recently and the job position for the community manager is gone now from their website.
I think he might be the new community manager for Ghost of Tsushima.

That doesn't sound crazy at all lol. This is probably it.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It'd be really cool if he joined Kinda Funny.

Apr 24, 2018
He played through Persona 5 in Japanese...without knowing Japanese! Best of luck to him, he's always come across as a good guy on IGN.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
Nooooo...IGN's resident Persona expert is gone now. All that's left are Apex Legends "experts".

Oct 26, 2017
UK
That is a shame, though he hadn't been on beyond in ages.

I still like daemon Hatfield and I like Sam Claiborne too but there aren't to many others that stand out.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I remember when we first started DANGEN, we got interviewed by Andrew at BitSummit. Super nice guy, and so so jazzed about all the cool Japanese indie games at the event. Can't wait to see what he does next.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
I always wonder why people in the games industry are so secretive about where their next job is going to be. Every time someone is leaving a position it is followed up with, "can't wait to share more soon!", but you (presumably) were already hired at your next job so why keep it under wraps? /semi-relatedthought

Regardless, best of luck to him in his next work, and wow IGN has become a revolving door the last few years, who would have thought it would be a stepping stone for so many people?

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Probably back to game CM. Good for him! Seems unlikely but boy would it be nice to have him on Kinda Funny Games Daily.

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gaming journalism is usually a short career because, sadly, it really doesn't pay, especially considering you more or less have to live in one of the country's most expensive counties to do it. You make apartment with a roommate money not raise a family money. So once you do your time you inevitably move on.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Yea he left for Gearbox and then came back.

Well at least he's going to a much better employer.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/20/infamous-dev-sucker-punch-suffers-layoffs

Nothing against Sucker Punch....but I would not want to work there right now. They're wrapping up their project later this year (which looks badass) and may not know what's next for their 200 people on staff

Sony actually seems like a company I'd want to work for right now, plus Communications Manager seems to be a pretty safe gig. If Ghost of Tsushima does well (and based on how it looks it bloody well should) Sony will probably want to get a sequel in the pipeline ASAP.