• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
also it would be insanely dumb to bring back electro and doc ock, but then make no attempt at the actual spiderbros, then again we got Bonered in Wandavision so who fucking knows?
the boner fakeout was by far the worst thing about WandaVision, so I really hope they don't go for a bunch of more fakeouts in No Way Home

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
Who knows maybe Ralph Bohner really is Peter Maximoff but stuck like Agatha currently is

They can retcon the retcon
This is true, they certainly can and should do that. After all, the polarizing reaction to the Mandarin fakeout in Iron Man 3 is what led to them retconning him into a real super villain. They didn't have to, but they did. So I hope they do it again.
"Your name is Peter Pucker?"
pickled pepper

loco

Jan 6, 2021
He's the worst Spider-Man so if true I'm even more excited to watch No Way Home.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
There better be a Christopher Daniel Barnes cameo.

EDIT: Googled him to make sure he's not a MAGA douche or anything, and instead found him talking about being rumoured to be in it lol:

Does anyone care enough about either of those films to care about this?
This horrific monstrosity of a 60fps scene upconvert has 160m views for some reason:

Last edited:

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017

EDIT: Googled him to make sure he's not a MAGA douche or anything, and instead found him talking about being rumoured to be in it lol:

This horrific monstrosity of a 60fps scene upconvert has 160m views for some reason:

Man all these movie scenes on youtube sucks. Why convert them to 60FPS, everything just looks off.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

We will never get a resolution to Peter scouring the multiverse to find MJ, and telling her that he married her clone, lol.

BioFan

Oct 31, 2017
I really don't like the Amazing Spiderman movies but I don't think it's Andrew Garfield's fault.
He is a great actor with a bad material to work with.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah people are educated about the importance of avoiding spoilers in these movies now. Nobody's going to mind him lying to keep them a secret.

DemonCarnotaur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Feel for him, he's trying to say "no" without outright saying no, so he doesn't have to outright lie

Looking forward to seeing him in the movie!

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Still not on board with Spiderverse Lite so I wouldn't be too sad if he's actually telling the truth.

Oct 27, 2017
John Semper Jr had an outline for "Peter finds Mary Jane" a while back - I'm not sure if someone posted it online but it was so wacky yet very much in line with the 90s Spider-Man show!

I didn't know about this, until you mentioned it, so thanks. Here's the wiki index:
spiderman-animated.fandom.com

Peter Finds Mary Jane

Peter Finds Mary Jane is a script treatment written by John Semper Jr. and is meant to tie up some loose ends from Spider Wars, Part II: Farewell, Spider-Man. John Semper Jr. gave this to people that donated to his crowd funding of War of the Rocket Men in 2016. For the full script click here...

Though it was way more violent than the animated series, it didn't answer the one question I always had - even if Peter found MJ, he married her clone, hence it had all of those memories. How would that work with the real MJ? Would they start fresh?

But back to topic. At this point, it's a bigger question to see who ISN'T in this flick? Weren't there rumors of SM3s Sandman as well? I have a feeling they'll do little flashes here and there, like Topher Grace Venom and Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy. Hell, why not have the landlord pop in asking for rent? He's a friggin meme now anyways.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The real question is if they actually got Tobey to come back.

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
The fact that he didn't recieve a call might signify that the plot doesn't require him (and not that he refused).

My guess would be that Garfield's Spiderman shows up suited for a very small time and has no lines. So they either put a stuntman in it and got it done, or used CGI.

If course, maybe he doesn't show up at all. This movie is shaping up to be super interesting.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Idk if everyone is joking but I'm mostly inclined to believe him here, but if he turns out to be lying I would be surprised.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

convo starts at 5:20 if the time stamp didn't work

This video cements the fact that he can be a great Peter though.

But I feel like they'd make him the "punished Peter" if he comes back, cause they won't do that to Tobey's Peter and Andy's was left in such a terrible position.

Anyway I wouldn't expect Andy or Tobey in this film. From what we know, the film has its own story and through that story the multiverses collide.

I guess the film teases a live action Spiderverse, but they wouldn't spend millions for cameos of those two, they'd save them for the actual film.

The multiverse villains teaming up seem like the stinger.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Paul Rudd and Tatiana Maslany both denied being in the MCU too.

So did Benedict Cumberbatch and Hailee Steinfeld. I don't trust any of these actors when they don't give a direct "no"

everything about this is sus. or, he really is just fucking with us.
It would be different if there wasn't a history of this sort of denial by Marvel actors, but it's made worse in how they do it. Like they can't bear to lie so they make these elaborate analogies or evasive statements.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
AGNES-FEATURED_1611937739.jpg

Until that movie releases I won't believe the actors

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
We go through this everytime. It's one of Hollywood's worst kept secrets that they're in the movie. I swear, people take everyone/everything at face value.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I honestly believe him though. He is in fact not a werewolf.

And he probably also never received a call from Marvel either.

But what about his emails

The Artisan

Oct 27, 2017
So did Benedict Cumberbatch and Hailee Steinfeld. I don't trust any of these actors when they don't give a direct "no"

It would be different if there wasn't a history of this sort of denial by Marvel actors, but it's made worse in how they do it. Like they can't bear to lie so they make these elaborate analogies or evasive statements.
To be fair, it goes both ways. Back in 2015 I was really hoping that Dylan O'Brien would be cast as the MCU's Peter Parker and when he was asked about the role, he claimed to not even hear about a new live action Spider-Man. Aaron Eckhart didn't confirm or deny whether he would appear in DKR in some capacity such as a flashback, when he could have just said he's not coming back.
This video cements the fact that he can be a great Peter though.

But I feel like they'd make him the "punished Peter" if he comes back, cause they won't do that to Tobey's Peter and Andy's was left in such a terrible position.

Anyway I wouldn't expect Andy or Tobey in this film. From what we know, the film has its own story and through that story the multiverses collide.

I guess the film teases a live action Spiderverse, but they wouldn't spend millions for cameos of those two, they'd save them for the actual film.

The multiverse villains teaming up seem like the stinger.
You should watch this video. I found it pretty informative.