• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Aug 26, 2018
日本

THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH

Exceed your limits and unleash your unlimited power KOF 2002 was lauded as the most refined KOF game upon its launch, and its fully tuned up upgrade THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH is about to rock PlayStation4 users’ socks off The new mysterious character Nameless dukes it out with...

They didn't really say when it would be out. But now it's just...out. lol

$14.99 USD. Physical version to come later.

Dec 23, 2017
My friends and I had a lot of fun with it when they implemented Rollback netcode on PC.

I assume the console version has it too.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Lol I just bought KoF 98 on Switch like an hour ago because I wanted to play some KoF! Fucking hell 😂 I'm not joking I really just bought it.
Gonna get this one too.

OP
OP
Lycanthrope -R-
Aug 26, 2018
日本
I'll let people check for bugs before making a decision. I already have it on Steam and I hardly have time to play it. But PS4 is usually more convenient.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, only rollback right, no crossplay with PC?. Still sounds tempting, I love 2002 (got the 2002!arcade version in my Switch last year) and have the chance to play online? Good good.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I have a question. As far as I recall the PS2 release of KOF 2002:UM had the AST soundtrack. The Digital release on XBLA to cut down on size as well as the Steam release only had just AES / MVS versions of the soundtrack, but there is a apparent fan mod for the Steam version to replace the audio to the AST versions that the PS2 release had.

Is this re-release for PS4 a fairly straight port of the existing Steam version with the updated netcode, or was the AST actually included this time?

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
I have a question. As far as I recall the PS2 release of KOF 2002:UM had the AST soundtrack. The Digital release on XBLA to cut down on size as well as the Steam release only had just AES / MVS versions of the soundtrack, but there is a apparent fan mod for the Steam version to replace the audio to the AST versions that the PS2 release had.

Is this re-release for PS4 a fairly straight port of the existing Steam version with the updated netcode, or was the AST actually included this time?

Are you sure you're not confused with KOF 98 UM? 2002 UM has always had an arranged soundtrack

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Gonna assume this release also doesn't include the 3D backgrounds that were present on the PS2 version and it's just a straight port of the XBLA and Steam versions with rollback?

Gotchaforce

Oct 31, 2017
Seems like XBLA port. No 3D backgrounds, no arranged option. Netcode felt good from the two matches just played.

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'm downloading. There is a discord server here for KOF? I think we could have a small but dedicated community to play this release.

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I had some matchs with my brother in law, the first match was horrible because I forgot to turn on the connection by lan cable lol but the next couple went good.

I still suck with the PS4 controller, but it's a nice release.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
No and he probably never will return in a future KOF game because of potential copyright conflict issues. There is a replacement character called Nameless has his moveset.

It's not really about copyright issues, it's more like SNK just really hates the design and character. K9999 was an Eolith creation. It's not like copyright issues would be a problem for SNK since they (and Capcom) ripoff existing manga and anime all the time.

Erigu

Nov 4, 2017
It's not really about copyright issues, it's more like SNK just really hates the design and character. K9999 was an Eolith creation. It's not like copyright issues would be a problem for SNK since they (and Capcom) ripoff existing manga and anime all the time.
I mean, that one was really blatant. They even got the same voice actor!

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe they just stealth-dropped this lmao. Already messed around with it and god this game is so good.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, that store banner artwork is way too good.

Etx16ytXYAQnRQ0

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe they just stealth-dropped this lmao. Already messed around with it and god this game is so good.

I have a soft spot for 2002 because was the most popular with my friends at school and I play it a lot, sadly I never have the chance to get into the newer games but I hope change that with XV. It's nice see KOF thriving again.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Bought. I dont even have a ps4 or pc to play it on till I finish moving but bought all the same.
I plan on goin hard kof for a long while. Grinding stuff on a portable arcade for awhile till I get settled in and get the big stuff setback up. Hoping I can find a nice kof scene in michigan to hang with. Id love to find locals and to eventually host.

I neeeeeeeds me some kof 02 um. Wanna try makin a team ham to troll. Idea is no blocks allowed by including both may lee and jhun lol. Cant figure out the third since those two are both stance characters who can't block on certain stances. Maybe just add Iori or Nameless since folks tend to go Ham with them lol.

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
When is XV suppose to come out? I may pick this one up if XV is coming the end of the year or something

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Looks like Limited Run Games has the physical release up for preorder now.

When is XV suppose to come out? I may pick this one up if XV is coming the end of the year or something

Current word is 2021. No clue on when exactly. They're releasing character trailers once a week, so I'm guessing they already have an internal schedule mapped out.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Picking this up tonight. No issues anyone's run into? Good version with decent netcode?

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Picking this up tonight. No issues anyone's run into? Good version with decent netcode?

It's pretty good. My matches had high ping (around 150 to 300) but rollback worked well. I think this only works if you are using lan cable, the first online match I tried yesterday was with my brother in law and we had 200 and something ping and went horrible, and we live in the same city, which I assume happened because I was on wifi. Now using lan cable I have an almost flawless experience even with higher ping matches.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
This is so dope. Today was my day off and another tomorrow. Really pleased with the netcode.