• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 21, 2017
If you've never heard of Anarchy Reigns, don't be too surprised. It was a PlatinumGames made brawler that had a focus on online multiplayer featuring a cast of heroes not unlike Overwatch. Sadly, it was before its time, and it flopped to the point where I can't remove the $5 New Sticker from Gamestop.

With that said, the soundtrack is GLORIOUS. It's little more than hip hop and rap that would be great in any game where you play as someone trying to beat the ass of thousands of grunts, as you would during any Platinum work.

I've linked some of my favorites, as well as the OST on Youtube. I wish more games had soundtracks this fitting.
OST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNRxNc2pC5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypVii_9QDgQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEmWfkFEVLU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dVKMla1LAY

Soul Lab

Nov 17, 2017
holy shit. Theory Hazit and Doujah Raze?!?
How could I missed that?

Video games desperately need more Rap/Hip Hop representation. It's a damn shame.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I miss Anarchy Reigns, one of my absolutely favorite games that unfortunately never got the audience it deserved. That game was ahead of its time in many ways.

But yeah, that ost absolutely slaps. Still one of my go to soundtracks whenever I play a game that's just some mindless action, goes well with roguelikes and action/fighting games. Few soundtracks can hype you up like this one.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Bruh, I was thinking going back home today how much I miss this game!

The online was so stupidly fun, I really need a sequel or remaster.

As for music...

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the OST is fucking amazing. I never got a chance to play the game though, I wanted to buy it but jumped out when I found out it didn't have local co-op.

I wish they would do a remaster of it and give Jack a Madworld looking skin.

Tygerjaw

Oct 25, 2017

This is my favourite from the OST, and since I'm here I would also like to give MadWorld a shout!

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Hard disagree. These tracks are truly awful; they're like all the terrible early 2000's nu-metal-core-pop-punk-synth-hop trends rolled into one grating, forced soundtrack.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
holy shit. Theory Hazit and Doujah Raze?!?
How could I missed that?

Video games desperately need more Rap/Hip Hop representation. It's a damn shame.
While NBA games and dancing games get some love I wish we had more games with hip hop as well. NBA street and the Def Jam series were so great back in the day in how they used music so organically in the DNA of the game. Anarchy Reigns was good in that regard but it's a shame that more time wasn't spent balancing the online mode

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Features some artists from the Mad World soundtrack which kicked this thing off.

Anarchy Reigns js just a spiritual successor to Mad World anyways.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Its not as memorable to me as the MadWorld soundtrack, but its still a rocksolid soundtrack.

my fave is Sound the Alarm!

R2RD

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 6, 2018
That was the first videogame ost that I listened to regularly. I remembered playing it on my commute to uni on YouTube since I had no other way to listen to it.
BTW I've never played that game. xD
Thanks Op for bringing back those memories.
Edit: Best song of the ost

Last edited:

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
PlatinumGames always has the best OSTs for their games.

This one is my favorite from the game.

It stinks that is not on the OST list. 😡

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I used to have the Mad World and Anarchy Reigns OST on my music rotation on a regular basis before I got tired of them. I still listen to it once in a while since it's pretty good workout music/hype music. I enjoyed In This Game I Play For Keeps and Mortified. Sound The Alarm is another banger.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
True that.
I'm not even that much into hip-hop, but I loved the soundtrack and I loved the game.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely a great OST. I had it downloaded once upon a time, but my hard drive went down. I think I have it backed up, but I'm not sure.

Venom, Unlimited Resources, and Find You are my favorite tracks.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I listened to the first track and in the initial 20 seconds of the song having never played the game hearing the initial 'ugh, yeah' I knew it would be rap and I'd hate it.

I was right, it was garbage I wouldn't count as music at all. Each to their own.

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017
I'M USELESS CAUSE I'M RUTHLESS

www.youtube.com

Max Anarchy OST - Ruthless

Artist - Tre-DotLike the Anarchy Reigns' music? Support the artists and buy the soundtrack from iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/album/id575107193 or Amazon h...

This game is just so god damn fun. It's pretty much lost to time since no one bought it, but I would love some sort of remaster that possibly addressed the online mode to make it a bit more consistent. Even just a PC release would be enough so at least people who like the game could organize some matches or something. It lived such a short life for being such an amazing game.

Xeno

Oct 25, 2017
I listened to the first track and in the initial 20 seconds of the song having never played the game hearing the initial 'ugh, yeah' I knew it would be rap and I'd hate it.

I was right, it was garbage I wouldn't count as music at all. Each to their own.
Thanks for the input friendo

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
GOTTA GET THE CASH

GOTTA GET THE DOUGH

GOTTA GET THE CASH

GOTTA GET THE DOUGH

BODY FOR A PRICE? WELL, I WON'T SAY NO

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Gotta get the Cash
Gotta get the Dough.

I was hoping that Ninja Theory's new Hero shooter would kindle the Anarchy Reigns love, but it really missed the mark.

AR could have been so good if the netcode wasn't, somehow, even worse than smash brothers.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ha ha, nothing personal. Just disappointed.

I love coming in these threads to discover new music even in games I hadn't played before, I know nothing about Anarchy Reigns so wasn't aware of the genre and just really hate rap music XD

Calling an entire genre of music garbage and claiming that it Isn't even actual music just makes you come off like an ass whatever your opinion of it is.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Ha ha, nothing personal. Just disappointed.

I love coming in these threads to discover new music even in games I hadn't played before, I know nothing about Anarchy Reigns so wasn't aware of the genre and just really hate rap music XD
Oh no, you're totally fine for not liking it! I just think saying it doesn't even count as music is actually pretty vile and disrespectful to the artists. :/

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Oh man, this soundtrack!

I've been telling people about this soundtrack for years! I'm a super fan of it!

Fun fact I only ever put in around 3 hours to Anarchy Reigns when it released but I must have put well over 300 hours into the soundtrack. I've been listening to it consistently for years now! I used to listen to it on loop back in my first IT job and now I'm 4 years into a job that came two jobs after that! Wild!

My favourite song from the OST is probably Fast Lane. The creators of that song have an excellent remix version of it:

This game sound track is a 10/10 for me. It's sooooooo good. I feel like a massive fanboy even writing this 😂

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

giphy.gif

convo

Oct 25, 2017
It and Madworld's ost slap so hard i wish the team responsible would come back for another game. The fleeting hopes of a remaster of this game seem non-existent.

Just That Simple

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018

And with this I know to never listen to your opinions at all.