• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
The Yossy Island cart is so choice.
B000068GVL001.jpg

FTFY

So pumped to get mine. First thing I'll test is Zelda Lttp since I'm currently playing it on the Mini. After that, Stunt Race FX time.

Ordered an og PAL controller from Amazon, they had one that looked to be in very good shape

cacophony

Oct 27, 2017
I never understood why 1080p was chosen over 720p. Doesn't it scale better for 720p?

If I play this on a 720p set would it do scaling once again(with added latency)?

For the nt mini 1080p with 5x height was one of the most appreciated features because it enabled integer scaling with accurate looking pixel aspect ratio.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Are they handling the shipping themselves or did they pay a fulfillment center?

JeremyParish

Retronaut
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Raleigh, NC
For the nt mini 1080p with 5x height was one of the most appreciated features because it enabled integer scaling with accurate looking pixel aspect ratio.
Yeah, and with most Super NES games you're losing about 8 pixel rows of graphical information (4 top, 4 bottom) total if you use 5X scaling. The Super NES output a 240p signal, but in my experience the majority of Super NES games only used 224 pixels of that vertical height for active graphics (and sometimes less, as in Star Fox and DOOM). There's usually an 8-pixel black "dead" zone along the top and bottom of 240p Super NES capture. So far all of all the games I've recorded for my Super NES retrospective videos, only Super Bases Loaded has made full use of the full 240-pixel height. So on the Super Nt, 5X crops out very little visual information the majority of the time.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
Initially I was bothered by the lack of 4K, but 1080p 2D pixelated graphics, scale up superbly.

I feel like they will release these things yearly. The competition will be greater. I think this device is perfect for those who havent spent so much money on framemeister or the OSSC already. It is given that whenever they get 4k output to become reasonable and offer more 16-bit consoles with controller ports then this will be obsolete.

My Analogue Mini NT feels like a novelty item but I am happy with it despite the hefty price tag. It was the best of all worlds as I would have to HD/RGB mod a nes for good quality above composite.

dcx4610

Nov 13, 2017
$40 shipping is absolute robbery but I pre ordered anyway. Analogue stuff has such limited runs and I don't want to miss out.

Considering the original SNES price was $199, it's not too far off paying $230 for a maxed out version in 2018.

dcx4610

Nov 13, 2017
A question about FPGA and cores. I'v heard that Kevtris has NES and other 8bit cores that could work on the Super NT.

If these get released, do they tell the FPGA to run like an NES and would it be identical to if you had a regular Analogue NT (NES) or the AVS hardware? I have an AVS currently but could the Super NT be a potential all in one solution with no emulation?

TheDeep1974

Oct 26, 2017
A question about FPGA and cores. I'v heard that Kevtris has NES and other 8bit cores that could work on the Super NT.

If these get released, do they tell the FPGA to run like an NES and would it be identical to if you had a regular Analogue NT (NES) or the AVS hardware? I have an AVS currently but could the Super NT be a potential all in one solution with no emulation?

Yes. But that would mean that most people who have bought a Super NT wouldn't buy an NT Mini if released again. So releasing NES core for Super NT may not be a great business decision. If in the case they don't plan to re-release NT Mini, a NES core might convince those still sitting on the wall about purchasing the Super NT to take the plunge.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. But that would mean that most people who have bought a Super NT wouldn't buy an NT Mini if released again. So releasing NES core for Super NT may not be a great business decision. If in the case they don't plan to re-release NT Mini, a NES core might convince those still sitting on the wall about purchasing the Super NT to take the plunge.

Yeah. I really want an NES core, but I can definitely see them never releasing one, especially if they intend to release more of the NT mini, or a new model. Wonder if any homebrewers/hackers out there can make their own custome firmware to make it happen if Kevtris doesn't release it.

It just sucks knowing it could be done, but might not.

TheDeep1974

Oct 26, 2017
Well yes, I definitely would like a NES core too. Keep in mind a lot of people would still want to play their original carts, so they would still prefer to buy a NT Mini.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well yes, I definitely would like a NES core too. Keep in mind a lot of people would still want to play their original carts, so they would still prefer to buy a NT Mini.

Yeah, I would be happy with a new cheaper NT Mini done in the Super style. Cheaper shell, HDMI only. But, the idea of paying $400 for a less powerful system seems insane now that the Super exists. Shit, I'd even pay for an NES core for the Super.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, UPS claims there's no packages heading to my address as of yet. I wouldn't expect the Analogue site to be up to date, but if something was indeed shipped to me yesterday as Analogue claims, UPS would definitely know about it. :/

TheDeep1974

Oct 26, 2017
Yes it makes sense now that they make a cheap version of NT Mini, possibly with just 1 slot to make it even cheaper. Although I think that right now they are busy with SG Mega or whether they plan to call it.

cacophony

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, UPS claims there's no packages heading to my address as of yet. I wouldn't expect the Analogue site to be up to date, but if something was indeed shipped to me yesterday as Analogue claims, UPS would definitely know about it. :/

Analogue said your specific package went out yesterday?

dcx4610

Nov 13, 2017
I'd sell my AVS if they made a reasonably priced NT Mini with a plastic shell and HDMI only.

I know Kevtris has cores for several systems including NES, SMS, Game Gear, Coleco and Atari. He's working on his own FPGA console though and might hold on to them until it's finished. I'd love an NES core but I'd probably still buy an NT Mini for convenience and to look good on a shelf.

Oct 25, 2017
I never got an email, but I clicked on the "see status" button in the original confirmation email and got a tracking page and number.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if they made a signature required for delivery from UPS on this?

Oct 27, 2017
I never got an email, but I clicked on the "see status" button in the original confirmation email and got a tracking page and number.

My status page still doesn't mention anything about shipping. I'm kind of annoyed with how they're handling shipping notifications. They claim they all went out yesterday, but I have no indication of that. UPS has always emailed me when there's a package heading toward me, and I haven't heard anything from them.

cacophony

Oct 27, 2017
My status page still doesn't mention anything about shipping. I'm kind of annoyed with how they're handling shipping notifications. They claim they all went out yesterday, but I have no indication of that. UPS has always emailed me when there's a package heading toward me, and I haven't heard anything from them.

They never claimed all packages went out yesterday. They said some went out yesterday and the remaining would go out today.

cacophony

Oct 27, 2017
I'd sell my AVS if they made a reasonably priced NT Mini with a plastic shell and HDMI only.

I know Kevtris has cores for several systems including NES, SMS, Game Gear, Coleco and Atari. He's working on his own FPGA console though and might hold on to them until it's finished. I'd love an NES core but I'd probably still buy an NT Mini for convenience and to look good on a shelf.

He already released all his finished cores for the nt mini. His latest post regarding his own fpga multiconsole is that it might not happen. He prefers the arrangement with Analogue where he can just focus on what he does best.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017

Pretty sure they shipped most if not all of the US shipments before other countries.

It kind of sucks because it will mostly likely take ages longer for all the non-Americans to get theirs.

Glad you guys will get your Super NTs quickly though!

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else for foreseeing mass complaining about potential duties and fees? I'm pretty worried about encountering this myself (Canada) as DHL has been pretty hit or miss when it comes to duties.

Did Analogue ever mention anything about this?

cacophony

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure they shipped most if not all of the US shipments before other countries.

It kind of sucks because it will mostly likely take ages longer for all the non-Americans to get theirs.

Glad you guys will get your Super NTs quickly though!

I'm in the US and placed my order within an hour of the preorder being open and haven't gotten any shipping update via email, Analogue site, or UPS site.

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the US and still nothing in regards to shipping, no email, nothing from UPS, and clicking the link in the original email shows no shipping either. It's definitely getting later in the day at this point, hopefully something in the next hour or two.

Hitoribhoshi

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else for foreseeing mass complaining about potential duties and fees? I'm pretty worried about encountering this myself (Canada) as DHL has been pretty hit or miss when it comes to duties.

Did Analogue ever mention anything about this?
I did on Twitter, I asked them a couple days ago to please consider also shipping from other places than the US if they can...fees are gonna be brutal in Europe too.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
He already released all his finished cores for the nt mini. His latest post regarding his own fpga multiconsole is that it might not happen. He prefers the arrangement with Analogue where he can just focus on what he does best.
Yeah, after his interview with RetroRGB it sounds like the Zimba 3000 will never be sold because he'd never be able to make it cheap enough by himself.

Polyh3dron

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I got a notification from UPS yesterday that something was coming to me today from Nevada. So I'll have my Super Nt by the time I get home tonight.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
I did on Twitter, I asked them a couple days ago to please consider also shipping from other places than the US if they can...fees are gonna be brutal in Europe too.

I had to pay 120 dollars in toll/tax fees for my Analogue NT Mini. The fees for a 200 dollar plus Super NT Mini is nothing in comparison I gotta say :p. My experience with Analogue is like many have already said they prioritise Americans first. Had a lot of delays and took a long time shipping their last Analogue Mini NT Shipments.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Considering it's close of business everywhere except the west coast and I still haven't seen a change in status or tracking, I'm feeling the salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.