• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyParish

Retronaut
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Raleigh, NC

TheDeep1974

Oct 26, 2017
Another photo borrowed from Twitter:

DUktGIbWkAAILE3.jpg:large

Oct 25, 2017
^ I've seen the renders but the real life ones look much different, especially the transparent ones.

Also, just occurred to me.. there are no save states on this are there? I've gotten realllllly used to that on the snes classic.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
^ I've seen the renders but the real life ones look much different, especially the transparent ones.

Also, just occurred to me.. there are no save states on this are there? I've gotten realllllly used to that on the snes classic.
No save states. Basically, what you get with the SNES in terms of gameplay, will be the same on the Super NT.

cacophony

Oct 27, 2017

The unboxing video that was quickly removed showed the Classic model. The video wasn't the highest quality, but it did look similar to the render IMO.

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
I just ordered some games on eBay... Super Mario RPG is manageable in 日本語 right? I guess I'll find out. I'm so excited.

cacophony

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know when the sold out colors will be available again?

Hard to say for sure. The first run of the Nt Mini sold out in April and the second run didn't ship till Oct. But given that the Super Nt will likely sell out before or around the launch date, and the fact that it's a higher volume product that's easier to manufacture, it will likely be available more quickly.

DOTDASHDOT

Helios Abandoned. Atropos Conquered.
Oct 26, 2017
Hmmmm, how's everyone getting on with their SN30 8bitdo pad delivery dates? Amazon just sent me an arrival date of 8th-14th Feb. Not happy with that at all.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmmm, how's everyone getting on with their SN30 8bitdo pad delivery dates? Amazon just sent me an arrival date of 8th-14th Feb. Not happy with that at all.
Here's my email:
Hello,

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"8Bitdo SN30 Retro Set (Black Edition) - Super NES"
Estimated arrival date: February 01, 2018

henlo_birb

Dec 15, 2017
I can't afford sd2snes or an everdrive cart. I dearly hope that firmware updates allow for rom loading
I have an Everdrive 64, and I do enjoy it, but I don't really want to purchase another flash cart. It's good to have, but it would be infinitely more convenient to be able to load via the system's SD slot. That and I think the cartridge itself looks ugly and would essentially function as a tacky hat on an otherwise stylish Super Nt Mini.

I really hope they allow for the different FPGA configurations for NES and Master System as well. Honestly, if they don't add at least rom-loading functionality down the line I might be tempted to sell it after I've worked through my SFC games.

Bgamer90

Oct 27, 2017
Jealous of you guys. I want one since the SNES is my favorite console of all time but I have a Retron5 and I like the ability to play NES and Game Boy line games easily on my TV too.

I'm hoping Analogue will make a system that combines NES, SNES, and Game Boy. I would pay good money for it. The NT consoles are high quality.

Update:

I just realized a few hours ago that the Wii U (that I still have hooked up to my TV) can play the GBA and NES games that I have. I therefore bought a black Super NT and I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm going to get rid of/sell my GBA and NES cartridges and my Retron 5. I already had two 8bitdo SNES controllers so I bought two retro receivers.

The Wii U would be my retro Nintendo box if it weren't for the fact that I'm such a huge SNES fan. I had an NES but I consider the SNES to truly be my first game system. I have about 30 SNES cartridges with most being games that my parents bought me 20+ years ago. I would never consider paying for a digital SNES experience. I have too much nostalgia for the system. I need to use my cartridges as well as SNES (styled) controllers.

Very pumped to get this.

Dec 3, 2017
1080p is really unfortunate for an expensive device like this when anyone who can afford it probably already owns a 4k monitor. Yes, I know some monitors have no problem upscaling 1080p to 2160p, but some of them don't, and native 2160p would have future proofed it a bit more.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
1080p is really unfortunate for an expensive device like this when anyone who can afford it probably already owns a 4k monitor. Yes, I know some monitors have no problem upscaling 1080p to 2160p, but some of them don't, and native 2160p would have future proofed it a bit more.

FWIW the LG OLEDs do a great job of 1080p to 2160p, and also a great job of 960p->1920p windowboxed on 2160p (talking OSSC).

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
I just ordered some games on eBay... Super Mario RPG is manageable in 日本語 right? I guess I'll find out. I'm so excited.
そりゃ分からへん。でも任天堂産のゲームはそんな酷くないと思うよ。
I haven't played Super Mario RPG in Japanese but since N's are made for all ages, the Japanese used in it shouldn't be so bad. Besides, there are guides you can always use.
I might check out my cart to see how it is. Kinda curious now.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I just bought the stealth black SNT and Turtles IV from Japan. I knew I couldn't wait. Don't buy any Controllers for now, I'll just use my SFC ones.

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017

I believe I've read that an FPGA that could do 4k would have easily double or tripled the price. So it makes sense why they didn't go for it.

woxxi

Oct 27, 2017
This Super NT looks amazing and i love how it's cheaper than analogue NT !
I was wondering if you think they can do a "64 NT" in the future? I don't even know if it's possible technically but 60FPS, AA options and region free would be so great for N64 !

Status
Not open for further replies.