• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Also, I am curious about the four face buttons? What else could it possibly play that requires those?

I think this might sell for a higher price than the Super NT/Mega SG.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
NGPC had some really great games, but someone else brought up the excellent point of if you play NGPC on this thing, you're missing out on the NGPC's awesome clicky joystick/controller hybrid.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I never had a GBC but playing original GB games on it was similar to the Super Game Boy? Or didn't it have a mode like that?

Nonetheless - depending on the price this looks very cool!

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
If it's GBA and GB I wonder how the scale the image too. Will GB be pillared like a real GBA?

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
The Lynx only had two face buttons. I think there are four on the device but that is for the ability to turn the system around and play left handed.
Ah, the more you know :) thanks!
I never owned one so I was just assuming from the design.

I wonder how the display will compare to a IPS GBA.
Hope we get more information later but for now I'm curious.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
I never had a GBC but playing original GB games on it was similar to the Super Game Boy? Or didn't it have a mode like that?

Nonetheless - depending on the price this looks very cool!

That depends on the game. Some GB games had special GBC modes implemented but the majority of standard GB games were displayed in green and red when played on a GBC.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
So this can play GB, GBC, GBA, GameGear, NG Pocket and Atari Lynx.
Damn.
The built in music app also sounds cool.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Now now let's not make comments we can'T back out of. The Original Neo-Geo CD dpad and the Saturn Dpad are world class :p

I can't comment on the NGCD controller since I've never used one, but the NGPC controller is easily the best D-Pad-like thing I've ever used. Way better than the Saturn D-Pad.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Thinking on it a tad more, just for Nintendo stuff maybe the selling point isn't as strong as their previous systems if you already have say an AGS-101. I guess if the GB scaling is better or whatever maybe.

Wonder if it has a link cable port too.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The atari lynx has 4 main buttons -- Button 1, Button 2, Option 1, and Option 2, plus pause.
Atari-Lynx-I-Handheld.jpg

Was option 1 and option 2 used for gameplay at all?

I doubt that is what the face buttons on the analogue are prioritized for.

Deleted member 20852

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks incredible and I now regret having sold all my Game Boy (Color/Advance) games during university when I needed the money.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was option 1 and option 2 used for gameplay at all?

Yes, they are buttons in many games. Like in APB, options 1 is how you equip weapons. In Shadow of the Beast, options is how you select your inventory. In Desert Strike, option 1 is the key you hold to strafe, and option 2 is the button you press to change weapons, and pause is how you bring up your status menu. And also, in virtually every game on the system, pressing option 1 on the title screen is how you bring up the options menu.

Option 1 and option 2 are like X and Y on the SNES controller. They're full, normal buttons, and are heavily used in many lynx games.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Yes, they are buttons in many games. Like in APB, options 1 is how you equip weapons. In Shadow of the Beast, options is how you select your inventory. In Desert Strike, option 1 is the key you hold to strafe, and option 2 is the button you press to change weapons, and pause is how you bring up your status menu. And also, in virtually every game on the system, pressing option 1 on the title screen is how you bring up the options menu.

Option 1 and option 2 are like X and Y on the SNES controller. They're full, normal buttons, and are heavily used in many lynx games.
Ah. Well I stand (sit) corrected.

Thanks.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
While I'm still torn if I should get the Super NT this will be an instabuy. All GB/GBC/GBA titles and potential compatibility for other handhelds? That's one baller package.

Radokat

Oct 30, 2017
I expect the price to be in the super nt league or maybe even more because of the screen(depending on what they use) .

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Dude, holy shit. GB, GBC and GBA support. I need this SO BAD.

And those colors...I might actually get both of those.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The site that announced it broke embargo so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more information when the countdown actually hits.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
Don't see a link cable port. Not an issue most of the time, but I'll still need an original GBA for trading with the GC Pokemon games.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I would be interested at about €100, but if it's €300 that's a big no from me. This was gonna be my toilet system too...oh well.

/edit: I think I would tap out at higher than €150.

Status
Not open for further replies.