• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From their twitter:

Blast (FGPA) processing is go!

Tweet for those who can't view: Mega Sg is shipping early. March 25th, 2019

Confirmed that Phil Fish has done the opening splash screens and menus, music provided by Arca.

Boot sequence.

Menu demonstration.

If anyone's interested here's a link to the manual. As an avid fan of Genesis audio, some of those audio settings have me absolutely salivating.

https://t.co/laUnZDajSO?amp=1

Last edited:

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Still waiting for them to make available the other cart adapters before I finally make an order. It comes with the SMS cart adapter but I also want at least the SMS card game adapter. I thought about waiting for the DAC dongle also but I haven't seen any news about the timeframe for when it would be available. :(

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I never thought about it before, but I wonder if it supports VRR over hdmi 2.1?

I think the snes version had a fixed speed that was slightly off.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Woooooo

Frantically checking for ship emails from here on out.

Deleted member 47318

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 1, 2018
On one hand I feel somewhat sorry for Sega for not getting their proper Megadrive Mini out before this.

On the other they also had plenty of time not to fuck it up for years either, with lacking partners and cheap cash-ins.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
On one hand I feel somewhat sorry for Sega for not getting their proper Megadrive Mini out before this.

On the other they also had plenty of time not to fuck it up for years either, with lacking partners and cheap cash-ins.

It's unlikely to have any impact on potential sales of an official Mega Drive mini as the price alone is going to limit the appeal of this.

Wonder how long world wide deliveries are going to take once it's shipped.

Sebion

Oct 29, 2017
Same here. I'm now at almost 100 Mega Drive/Genesis games and I'm so ready for the SG to arrive. Today even my copy of Tanglewood arrived.

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
I want this and the Super NT, but not sure how much it would end up costing me importing them to the UK :(

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Biggest bummer for me is the realization that the included Master System adapter will not work with Japanese Mark3 carts, and that will be a separate adapter released at some undisclosed time. So if I want to play all of my Japanese games, I'll need to use a flash cart or wait.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for mine to arrive. Planning to dig into one of a few games that I always meant to finish but didn't; it's down to Beyond Oasis or Crusader of Centy.