• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
KCkeRDil.jpg
Damn, that looks so nice. I hope I'll still be able to get one in April if I pre-order one on payday (1APR). Not expecting so, though I guess.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I ordered 2 of the new 6 button Retro-Bit controllers a few weeks back and they have been delayed until mid May. This sucks!

I do have an 8bitdo M30 and original controller but I was looking forward to some 4 player action. Aw well.

My pre-order for the Retro-Bit Saturn USB controller was canceled by Amazon today because they said they wouldn't be able to get it in stock. So who knows what the hell is going on with that company and their controllers. I got an 8bitdo M30 coming for my Sg though.

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
My pre-order for the Retro-Bit Saturn USB controller was canceled by Amazon today because they said they wouldn't be able to get it in stock. So who knows what the hell is going on with that company and their controllers. I got an 8bitdo M30 coming for my Sg though.
Ah sorry to hear that, at least mine were only delayed.

EvilRedEye

Oct 29, 2017
I seem to remember someone recommending a video about cleaning carts but I can't seem to find it now. Any tips?

Auberji

Oct 25, 2017
I seem to remember someone recommending a video about cleaning carts but I can't seem to find it now. Any tips?

I think it was the GameSack Mega SG video.

Spent last night with the SG and played me some Wonder Boy, some Streets of Rage 3, some S3&K. Lovely little piece of equipment, I've not run into any problems I feel are too noticeable for me right now so I'm pretty pleased. It may end up usurping my normal MD in every day usage cuz' I'm not a huge 32x fan outside of Chaotix lol. I do need to get a MegaCD unit at some point though.

Last edited:

DOTDASHDOT

Helios Abandoned. Atropos Conquered.
Oct 26, 2017
Dark1x Do you think you'd be able to compare a Megadrive, with a Mini Mega Amp mod, to the SG? From what I can tell, even with the low pass filter option disabled, the Mega Amp has better audio, and the SG seems a match for stock MD sound. Also according to one review, the SG has a high pitched hum, when there is no audio playing.

Dark1x

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Dark1x Do you think you'd be able to compare a Megadrive, with a Mini Mega Amp mod, to the SG? From what I can tell, even with the low pass filter option disabled, the Mega Amp has better audio, and the SG seems a match for stock MD sound. Also according to one review, the SG has a high pitched hum, when there is no audio playing.
I don't have the Mega Amp mod but, the high pitched hum is caused by enabling cartridge audio when not using that feature. Cart audio is pretty much required for Sega CD sound but can be disabled while playing normal Megadrive games.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My rom for Digital Foundry's analogue sg episode is just about done:

D2kzOpyWoAA-lno.jpg:large

they said they're gonna put out two videos this week :D

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
Just watched the My Life in Gaming review. Pretty impressed with the high depth 14 bit sound option. I just hope these things are available in the future when my genesis goes bust. I got pretty lucky with my model 1 genesis (great sound and not bad banding) so no need for an analogue replacement. My Super Famicom however has screen noise.

DOTDASHDOT

Helios Abandoned. Atropos Conquered.
Oct 26, 2017
I don't have the Mega Amp mod but, the high pitched hum is caused by enabling cartridge audio when not using that feature. Cart audio is pretty much required for Sega CD sound but can be disabled while playing normal Megadrive games.

Ah ok, I've got these flac uncompressed tracks of Mega amp vs stock, one is Sonic, and the other is Thunder Force 3, be interesting to know how it fares.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1jKcbXK_503_A6b254PDxyyR-Btvq4yI9

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ADk5dZhcA0RULusP9SBFOrdO7FLZ0u5T/view?usp=drivesdk

socksfelloff

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone in Canada got it yet? An customs? I didn't get charged any with the Super NT.

I got it yesterday and despite going to their website, signing off on dropping it at my door, and the customs sections showing no amount owing, I got dinged with the dreaded door tag saying I owed $44 in customs. Fortunately I was able to call and pay right away and the guy was still in the area so he popped by and delivered it.

I'm not mad about paying customs, it's a reality of living in Canada, I'm mad about how shitty FedEX is at handling it. I was just dinged customs by DHL on my ssds3 and they notified me ahead of time, let me pay online and let me schedule it for pickup at a location of my choosing all before it even arrived at their Depot.

Here's a picture of my white since others were asking !

t9k3tr1.jpg

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Fedex delaying my shipment until Thursday now. Hopefully Analogue went back through and verified people were getting the right color before they handed off to Fedex yesterday :P

Oct 25, 2017
I got it yesterday and despite going to their website, signing off on dropping it at my door, and the customs sections showing no amount owing, I got dinged with the dreaded door tag saying I owed $44 in customs. Fortunately I was able to call and pay right away and the guy was still in the area so he popped by and delivered it.

I'm not mad about paying customs, it's a reality of living in Canada, I'm mad about how shitty FedEX is at handling it. I was just dinged customs by DHL on my ssds3 and they notified me ahead of time, let me pay online and let me schedule it for pickup at a location of my choosing all before it even arrived at their Depot.

t9k3tr1.jpg

Thanks for letting me know. I'll have it shipped to my PO Box across the border and take my chances with the border guards letting me across with no duties.

Sapiens

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Still waiting on a reply from analogue about receiving the wrong item. Glad everyone else is having fun.

Is anyone in the games media interested in posting a story about this? How they ship you the wrong item, get dinged an extra shipping fee in top of the US 50 we already paid and then ask you return the item unopened (at your cost) even though you already opened it?

Nice to see all the positive reviews for the item, but I think this kind of customer service merits some coverage.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting on a reply from analogue about receiving the wrong item. Glad everyone else is having fun.

Is anyone in the games media interested in posting a story about this? How they ship you the wrong item, get dinged an extra shipping fee in top of the US 50 we already paid and then ask you return the item unopened (at your cost) even though you already opened it?

Nice to see all the positive reviews for the item, but I think this kind of customer service merits some coverage.
You weren't dinged an extra shipping fee

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Yes I was. FedEx added a 10 dollar service charge on top of the customs charge.
That's the canadian customs 10$ charge. It's not even FedEx. Analog didn't overcharge you and any package that gets dinged by customs will have at least a 10$ cnd processing fee. Fedex/UPS/DHL sometimes add their own on top of it.

Sapiens

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's the canadian customs 10$ charge. It's not even FedEx. Analog didn't overcharge you and any package that gets dinged by customs will have at least a 10$ cnd processing fee. Fedex/UPS/DHL sometimes add their own on top of it.
Fair enough. Still think I have a lot to be annoyed about considering I paid 50 US for shipping of the wrong item.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
Has anyone tried to order a Mega SG with a Super NT now or is it still not possible to have them in the same order?

RedHotHero

Nov 24, 2017
I think little hiccups are to be expected. Hopefully they work things out for you. I love their products, but their service has rubbed me the wrong way before. I purchased something silly like 6 analogue nt- version 1/2 and accessories for friends and family. My personal unit had the audio die- they could not repair or replace- it kept me from purchasing the nt mini while I waited for a resolution. Heck- I would've taken a few bucks off an nt mini as a goodwill gesture. My unit still does not have sound. They really didn't treat me nicely through most of that issue- at least until the end. That being said- I've purchased a few super nts and they've been great.

MajorBritten

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

t9k3tr1.jpg

Looks great, will definitely order the white one. Shame they don't accept PayPal as I would have ordered one now, will have to wait until next month instead

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, FedEx, I don't think it's going to arrive by the end of the day today if it still just says "Shipping label has been created. The status will be updated when shipment begins to travel."

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say, FedEx, I don't think it's going to arrive by the end of the day today if it still just says "Shipping label has been created. The status will be updated when shipment begins to travel."
Once in a while the tracking on something I've ordered will just not update until after it is delivered. Might luck out.

Oct 28, 2017
London
Regarding the 'unopened' issue, I did mention this in my response to them, adding that I hadn't touched the contents only viewed the incorrect variant. The guy (Christopher) said not to worry about this and I proceeded to arrange the DHL return shipment.

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio

I preordered a Retrobit Saturn controller for PC the first day they were available and Amazon canceled my order unceremoniously 3½ weeks ago. Didn't even know until I wondered how that order was coming about a week and a half ago and couldn't find it in my Amazon orders. Searched my email and found the cancelation from a random Saturday night two weeks prior that said it was canceled because "we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order." Some horseshit.

I preordered from Castlemania's website as soon as I found the above out, and that seems to be on track for shipping next week.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I preordered a Retrobit Saturn controller for PC the first day they were available and Amazon canceled my order unceremoniously 3½ weeks ago. Didn't even know until I wondered how that order was coming about a week and a half ago and couldn't find it in my Amazon orders. Searched my email and found the cancelation from a random Saturday night two weeks prior that said it was canceled because "we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order." Some horseshit.

I preordered from Castlemania's website as soon as I found the above out, and that seems to be on track for shipping next week.

Thanks for the heads up, seems like it's more of an Amazon issue than a Retro-Bit issue then. It's weird because that's the first time that's ever happened shopping from Amazon

Smaug18

Dec 15, 2017
I am still on the quest to slay Death Adder. Seems my sword got a bit rusty.

What were the first games y'all played on your new Mega SG?

Sebion

Oct 29, 2017
Mine arrived today (Germany). First delivery attempt was yesterday, but I wasn't home. Delivered by Fedex, and so far I didn't have to pay any additional customs fees. Fingers crossed.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I am still on the quest to slay Death Adder. Seems my sword got a bit rusty.

What were the first games y'all played on your new Mega SG?

Story of Thor (beyond oasis), Return of the Shredder (hyperstone heist) and Vampire Killer (castlevania bloodlines)

somehow I managed to play three games that have three different names in three different regions lol

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
neither does the Gizmodo review, where they forgot the Sega Saturn ever existed, by the way.

At least Parish suggests that because it's not 32X-compatible that it can't replace the original hardware (yet?). That said I have no idea how they'd be able to support a stock 32X with the way this hardware is set up while retaining any of this console's selling features -- let alone the more annoying aspects of actually using a 32X. (I'll forgive him not acknowledging that an SG-1000 variant was actually pretty damn popular in Australia, though, because that's an extremely deep cut for someone in America whose focus is more on Nintendo history.)

Status
Not open for further replies.