• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
All y'all halfway around the world getting yours delivered today and here I am a few states over and they've done nothing but print a label :P

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Think I'm starting to notice a few issues with button presses on the M30 not registering. Gonna have to try and update the firmware to the beta one Analogue sent me yesterday. Just need to find a screwdriver that can work on the receiver.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
Think I'm starting to notice a few issues with button presses on the M30 not registering. Gonna have to try and update the firmware to the beta one Analogue sent me yesterday. Just need to find a screwdriver that can work on the receiver.

Wait... I didn't realise you had to update the receiver too. Has it just got a USB port on it then once you open it up?

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
So the instructions for updating the 8Bitdo M30 2.4ghz are a bit confusing, and I was expecting to use the firmware update tool like their other controllers rather than just placing files on the drive the controller appears as.

I had to hold L+R and then hold Start to get it into pairing mode, then connect it by USB. Since updating to firmware 2.0 I can't seem to get it back into this mode.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017

Did you see 8bitdo released firmware 2.0 which addresses connectivity and latency issues?

Deleted member 1627

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It. Has. Shipped!

And is due... tomorrow. Yet is still in Texas. This should be interesting to say the least.

Let's fuckin' go!

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Still waiting for mine to ship, but since today is the day they touted for shipping, I expect it will go out today. I hope?

Deleted member 1478

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I love it too! I haven't actually watched this yet I'm gonna watch them all later.

Just got my shipping notification! On my original order it said DHL (am in the UK) but email says FedEx. Is this bad news?

Hopefully you wont have any issues but as I said earlier, the FedEx driver today either went to the wrong house or more likely, claimed I wasn't in so he could skip my delivery and make up time.

I've also heard from someone on another forum that they received two Mega SGs today as FedEx just bundled them together despite having two different delivery addresses on them.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Is the MLiG video the only one to mention compatibility problems with the Sega CD? The MVG video said it worked perfectly.

Deleted member 1627

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love it too! I haven't actually watched this yet I'm gonna watch them all later.

Just got my shipping notification! On my original order it said DHL (am in the UK) but email says FedEx. Is this bad news?
Seemingly, yes. Expect to pay a £12-ish handling fee on top of any customs charges. Read back through the thread for a way to dispute this should you feel the need.

Deleted member 1162

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its so cool you can play game gear games.

that's the only reason i want an RGB analogue adaptor. the rest of the system you can get cheap for analogue connection

Auberji

Oct 25, 2017
aUx5ivZ.png

I'm outta plugs so I'm damn pleased I can power this off my TV at least haha.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Got mine today and it's the wrong colour :(

That sucks! Though I'm sure they'll be great about swapping systems for you. That definitely sucks though. That happened with my original Analogue Nt and due to the limited nature of it they couldn't do anything except refund me the money I spent to get the alternate color (alternate colors were available for an additional cost).

EvilRedEye

Oct 29, 2017
Lost as to how to update the M30 2.4G. There are just .dat files in the zip folder with no application. Tried using the updater from a different controller but it won't recognise the controller even though Windows does.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Lost as to how to update the M30 2.4G. There are just .dat files in the zip folder with no application. Tried using the updater from a different controller but it won't recognise the controller even though Windows does.
Seems like you just drag files over as opposed to running an app like previous controllers:
So the instructions for updating the 8Bitdo M30 2.4ghz are a bit confusing, and I was expecting to use the firmware update tool like their other controllers rather than just placing files on the drive the controller appears as.

I had to hold L+R and then hold Start to get it into pairing mode, then connect it by USB. Since updating to firmware 2.0 I can't seem to get it back into this mode.
I tend to like the mechanical design of 8bitdo controllers but honestly the whole FW upgrade song and dance you have to do every time you get one just to get it to work properly is getting a little ridiculous.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It's not just drag and drop the file to the controller when connected to a PC like the dongle posted above?

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017

For the controller hold L+R then press the Start. The two LEDs at the top will start flashing. Now plug it in by USB to your computer and it will appear as an external drive. The name of the drive is the version of firmware it's currently on. Once you have it like this just copy the firmware file on to this drive, and disconnect the USB. If it gets stuck with the two LEDs flashing hold Start for a few seconds to stop it.

You must do the receiver as well or, as far as I can tell, it will no longer connect. Open the receiver up with a screw driver to reveal the USB port, plug it in and do the same as with the controller by copying it's own firmware file.

Last edited:

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I'm more of an actual hardware guy, in the case of the SNES my recapped 1chip with the ghosting fix looks damn near perfect running through the OSSC. I wish the same could be said of my Mega Drive though; jail bars, ram noise and the peculiarities of my VA1 YM2612 has me eyeing one of these off.

I'm considering having it recapped and getting an RGB bypass installed ... but that would probably pay for 3/4 of a Mega SG.

Status
Not open for further replies.