• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
And then they ended up shipping FedEx? The fuck is that? I'm sorry to hear that.

Analogue makes a great product but man, shipping with them is always an ordeal. I don't understand why it costs so much and takes so long, and in the case of international, poorly and/or inaccurately communicated.

Mine shipped today, will arrive Wednesday. Domestic FedEx. Battled their website going up and down and got an order in as soon as I could after they announced it.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Since Analog wasn't responding I contacted FeDex directly to have them return the parcel before it could even leave the Texas facility.

No way am I beeing triple gouged by this company

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe we should all email Analogue, complaining about them changing the promised shipping company after we had preordered.
Fedex just confirmed me on the phone that it was going back to Analog today.

I know I'll be the only one doing this but at some point their business model based on price gouging their customers on shipping and using companies notorious for ripping the one getting the parcel off means I'm no longer doing any business with them.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised to see my tracking showing it as arriving on 25th. Being in the UK I wasn't expecting it until the end of the week.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing yet for me from Canada. I really hope they don't use FedEx as like others have said, they gouge beyond belief.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
I contacted them to cancel the Fedex shipment and they never replied so i had to call fedex instead

I remember when I ordered the Super NT and they had the big issues with DHL orders being shipped via UPS (mine was one of them) and they took about a week to respond to my email at that time. It wasn't so bad back then as they didn't mark the full value, but FedEx OMG, No.

Story Time: I had a snowglobe shipped via FedEx (valued @ $56) and their "fees" cost me $54. No lies. It was beyond ludicrous. So that was an expensive venture...

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when I ordered the Super NT and they had the big issues with DHL orders being shipped via UPS (mine was one of them) and they took about a week to respond to my email at that time. It wasn't so bad back then as they didn't mark the full value, but FedEx OMG, No.

Story Time: I had a snowglobe shipped via FedEx (valued @ $56) and their "fees" cost me $54. No lies. It was beyond ludicrous. So that was an expensive venture...
Yeah with Fedex I'm expecting them to charge 120$+ and they'll send an invoice after delivering the item, forcing you to pay (they know they are racketing people). This is why I contacted them so it would never leave Garland

MajorBritten

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Royal Mail charge £8. Don't recall what Parcelforce charge.

Fedex also don't really give you an oppurtunity to refuse, they just pay the charge and invoice you.

Parcelforce are much worse, package is stuck in customs for a week and then they charge you an extra £12-13 on top of that. One time I imported a blu-ray from the states which was £17 and the charges I had from parcelforce was almost as much as the item itself.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Domestic US customer here, but I'll also write an email about their international shipping too on y'all's behalf. It's unacceptable that five product launches later that their shipping is still this awful.

Also even domestically fuck FedEx.

Argyle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious for anyone in the US who had theirs shipped prior to today, has there been any tracking movement? Sometimes saying it shipped just meant a shipping label was created and it actually hasn't made it to the courier yet which means it hasn't moved at all.

Mine has been showing tracking movement since Wednesday... It shows as being in California today.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
Mine shipped yesterday and is scheduled for delivery Wednesday. I have a bunch of games I should get the contacts cleaned on in case I feel like trying them out.

I wonder if anyone will test cartridge tilting. I remember certain games would do intersting stuff in games like Rambo 3. I can't imagine it'll be recommended to try it.

Auberji

Oct 25, 2017
Have any of you updated the firmware on your M30 yet? I've been trying to but as far as I can tell I can't get it into update mode (holding down L, R and Start)

It should show up as a mounted drive, I've managed to update my 2.4ghz model. I held those buttons down and then it flashed light on and off and that was it.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
Given the wide difference of the sound output amongst the different official console versions I'm honestly more interested in reading on how this presents the sound than the graphics (as I'm pretty sure they'll nail getting the graphical side working correctly).

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
Just dropped 160 quid on the Everdrive X7 - between that, the controller and the SG, I really dread to think how much I've spent on essentially a retro console. But on the other hand the Mega Drive was my console growing up and I wanna spend some proper time with it.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
Just dropped 160 quid on the Everdrive X7 - between that, the controller and the SG, I really dread to think how much I've spent on essentially a retro console. But on the other hand the Mega Drive was my console growing up and I wanna spend some proper time with it.
200w.gif

You're one of us now.

The X7 is great, especially since it can play Master System Games, you won't regret it.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I feel sorry for people that waited until now to get an EverDrive instead of getting it in November/December for 20% off.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the same boat as you (SG, X7, two new controllers), but I also just bought a refurbished Sega CD Model 1 too.

It's easier not to dwell on it too much.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
200w.gif

You're one of us now.

The X7 is great, especially since it can play Master System Games, you won't regret it.
Mind you, the X5 and X3 can, too. I got on the X3 early so it still had the space on the board (and cart itself) for the pause button. Only thing it doesn't let me do is run the larger ROMs like Overdrive 2 and that MK mod.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
MLIG said Analogue's embargo is up on Monday. Looking forward to their video.

Anyone in Japan get one? How'd shipping turn out this time?

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
If there is anyone who ordered an everdrive from SAG, heard anything? When I ordered a week or so back it had a 3-6 week estimate. Just checked back and the estimate is gone and appears they have them all in stock. No idea when they restocked. Not expecting anything to happen over the weekend just curious what anyone else is seeing.

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
They honestly don't care. They do such limited runs that losing our business doesn't matter to them, it will still sell out and they'll still gouge people on the shipping (which I count as a hidden fee on their part)

You know Analogue has like 5 employees or something, right? (I forget the exact number but it isn't many).

The shipping is outsourced to a third party company. That isn't free.

I'm always amazed how much bitching about the shipping price goes on.

I mean, they could have marked up the console $20 and marked the shipping down and I get the feeling there would be a lot less complaining about it. Even though it would be *less* honest.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
You know Analogue has like 5 employees or something, right? (I forget the exact number but it isn't many).

The shipping is outsourced to a third party company. That isn't free.

I'm always amazed how much bitching about the shipping price goes on.

I mean, they could have marked up the console $20 and marked the shipping down and I get the feeling there would be a lot less complaining about it. Even though it would be *less* honest.
People complaining of the switch to FedEx are right to complain.

Deleted member 1478

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm just still waiting for my text message so I can see how much I need to pay and so I can confirm with my boss that I'll work from home tomorrow so I can accept delivery.

socksfelloff

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in Canada and mine shipped Friday with expected arrival Monday the 25th. It's sitting at the depot in the same city I live in. I went on the Fed Ex website and pre authorized it for drop off without a signature. Havn't heard anything about customs yet but usually they wont leave the package with any customs pending.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Mine has been traveling through Texas for the last 30 or so hours. I know it is a big state but goddamn.

Status
Not open for further replies.