• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Narpas Sword0

Oct 28, 2017
Cool, thanks guys. I have a 32X and model one. No CD since I have a CDX. Do you think it's ok to use the triple and then leave one plug dangling?

Good to see you around aeana

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Welp. We are in the lull where we have a ship date that is soon-ish, but unlikely for there to be much to discuss until reviews/release, so it's time again to play..

WHAT.. YA GONNA... PLAY... FIRST..

It feels like sacrilege to christen the system with anything else but a Sonic game. My weird twist on it will be playing the first Sonic game I actually owned. The one and only... great.. legendary.. Sonic Spinball.

After I fart around with that for 15 minutes and get upset at the bad physics I'll probably put in Gunstar Heroes.

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Welp. We are in the lull where we have a ship date that is soon-ish, but unlikely for there to be much to discuss until reviews/release, so it's time again to play..

It feels like sacrilege to christen the system with anything else but a Sonic game. My weird twist on it will be playing the first Sonic game I actually owned. The one and only... great.. legendary.. Sonic Spinball.

After I fart around with that for 15 minutes and get upset at the bad physics I'll probably put in Gunstar Heroes.

Sonic Spinball is fantastic, you have excellent taste

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio

The night I got my Genesis I also got a copy of Sonic (I'm pretty sure it was a pack-in). Anyway, by the time I got it home and hooked up and after we ate dinner it was my brothers time to watch Star Trek: The Next Generation. I was so pissed.

My first game will be Star Trek: The Next Generation: Future's Past.

It feels right.

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
My Sega CD arrived today! Wish I could play it/kick the tires on it, but I'll have to wait until the Mega SG arrives before I can (don't have a Genesis here to use it with).

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017

I owe duckroll another honest shot at Landstalker after trashtalking its controls for like a decade, so that's probably what I'm going to do. But definitely with the dpad patch that makes it so you don't have to hold diagonals.

But most likely, I'll do Streets of Rage 2 or Ristar first, because that's what I always end up playing when I turn on my Genesis.

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No. Apparently Analogue will be releasing a DAC at a later date (they've been saying this since before the Super Nt release) that will allow for RGB SCART, Composite, etc at the original refresh rate.
awesome, i'll wait for the adaptor.

oh wait... yeah i do remember them saying that for the super NT and was waiting and forgot all about it =/ that's why i've been skipping these. all my retro gaming is on CRT's and eventually would like to try this out on it.

Deleted member 5582

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

oh wait... yeah i do remember them saying that for the super NT and was waiting and forgot all about it =/ that's why i've been skipping these. all my retro gaming is on CRT's and eventually would like to try this out on it.
cWybe9b.jpg

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017

Sonic CD. Or Snatcher perhaps.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have all the bangers like Star Trek, but I'll be able to join some of you from what I have at my disposal. Just out of view: Strider and World of Illusion (and Gunstar, duh)

oucOSD9l.jpg

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017

I think a Mister FPGA might be a better fit for people wanting to retro game on a CRT.

HybridSnyper

Oct 27, 2017

I will start with the first game I played on our family's first Genesis - NHL Hockey. The original, with no player's association license. Then I will move onto the next game I played that made me bleed SEGA blue: Sonic the Hedgehog.

Auberji

Oct 25, 2017
There's not like an 8bitdo thread or anything from what I can see so:

I mentioned they sent out a beta firmware for the 2.4ghz version of the controller, to update the receiver mostly it seems. Thought I'd share a link to it incase anyone else hits this, because they don't seem to be talking about it openly.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9b3kZZL6xqAYmNtN195VGxQcGR6R0pYSXB1OXloN3NHMHhz

The support said it was fine to share this. Once updated all my pairing problems seemed to go away.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Good info. The chart is slightly misleading with how this info is normally displayed though. Lines generally signify frames. 21ms is barely over a frame, which in the pantheon of controller input lag is still incredibly low. And it squares with my personal anecdotal testing.

For the record I am able to consistently do 1 frame tricks in Super Mario World using the 8bitdo bluetooth receiver.

(Which don't get it wrong. I am glad under a frame options exist in wireless form!)

Last edited:

harz-marz

Oct 28, 2017
Been buying my old classic games again on eBay and have most of the common ones such as Sonic series, Streets of Rage, Disney titles etc.

Curious to hear recommendations for some hidden gems that won't break the bank? Mine would have to be Pyscho Pinball - great game!

Psycho%20Pinball_8.png

Any other hidden gems?

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
So what sort of US based shipping does my $33 get me? I can't remember how they shipped my last product.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Super Nt's came out of Nevada if memory holds. Wonder if they switched fulfillment companies.

Ruprit

Oct 25, 2017
MA
Super Nt's came out of Nevada if memory holds. Wonder if they switched fulfillment companies.

I hope so. The Nevada based fulfillment company managed to be one of the only locations in conus that required the full 7 days UPS Ground delivery time. That along with the $20+ shipping fee made it pretty unreasonable.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Also if memory holds from super nt shipping they were going out over the course of days if not a week or two, so I wouldn't necessarily expect or be discouraged about seeing nothing today.

Also the notification system was busted-ass and you had to contact customer service to be sure. I wouldn't bother at this stage but might be worth reaching out at some point if you hear nothing in the next week or so.

Oct 31, 2017
Seems my Mega Sg just shipped. Was a bit surprised as I didn't expect them to start sending them out until the 25th. Can't wait to get my hands on it :)

Auberji

Oct 25, 2017
Sat here staring at my inbox every so often, excited. Told my friend about it and he just looked at me like "Another one, where are you going to fit that?!".

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
No. Apparently Analogue will be releasing a DAC at a later date (they've been saying this since before the Super Nt release) that will allow for RGB SCART, Composite, etc at the original refresh rate.

Actually if it follows the same concept as the NT Mini it will support very affordable and easily acquired cables sold by places such as Monoprice:

Component cables
5 BNC RGB cables
S-Video/Composite cables

To get RGB SCART you'd need to find someone selling custom cables like these which are not exactly cheap.

I'd hold off buying anything until we see exactly what the DAC is doing, but it's the most likely outcome given it's a solution they already use.

Status
Not open for further replies.