• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I totally remember this show being made but I can't believe it's been almost TEN YEARS.

Oct 27, 2017
I remember seeing commercials on TV for this a long time ago. I just remember the stormtroopers in that art style being kind of adorable, like a walking Funko. Maybe there is hope for this. I know there is a lego star wars holiday special coming soon, so I wonder if Disney might allow the sillier star wars stuff.

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
Just watched some of the leaked ep and... it's just as obnoxious as the ads showed it to be.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I remember this. Wasn't it coming out but got shelved by Disney when they bought the franchise?

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've seen the previews. No way is this thing "terrific".
And they're a fly and a robot fly, which I always thought was funny. The robot fly also looks like a killer C-3PO.

Last edited:

Kroze

Oct 28, 2017
So what is crazy is that the 40 something episodes of this show is fully finished... and yet it's completely unreleased. I was lucky enough to see a few myself and honestly it would have been a fun time.

Was wondering if something would leak from this one day. This isn't one of the episodes I've gotten to see tho so shame I missed it while it was up...

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
"How'd you survive the blast?"
> "Oh we all hid in the fridge, lead lined."

That got a chuckle out of me.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
then how did rogue one and the rise of skywalker happen?

Rogue One isn't terrible, it's just mediocre. But regardless, the answer is that there was no time on either of those movies to judge them, because the cycle of promotion and distribution demands that films come in hot. By the time they knew Rise of Skywalker (or Rogue One, or Solo, or whatever you prefer) was terrible it was too late, a release date was locked in, contracts were signed, distribution deals were immutable, marketing was long in play. Detours was done and in the can already, with no promotion or public commitment made, so it was easy to watch it, ID it as the biggest Star Wars cringe since the Holiday Special, and quietly shelve it forever.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
Rogue One isn't terrible, it's just mediocre. But regardless, the answer is that there was no time on either of those movies to judge them, because the cycle of promotion and distribution demands that films come in hot. By the time they knew Rise of Skywalker (or Rogue One, or Solo, or whatever you prefer) was terrible it was too late, a release date was locked in, contracts were signed, distribution deals were immutable, marketing was long in play. Detours was done and in the can already, with no promotion or public commitment made, so it was easy to watch it, ID it as the biggest Star Wars cringe since the Holiday Special, and quietly shelve it forever.

ah i was just taking the easy shot at those.

maybe it would have been an absolute nightmare for everyone involved, but i wonder why they didn't just... delay tros like cameron's done with avatar and its sequels. to a certain extent, i think the fanfic-y star wars films had too many true believers involved at higher levels of power.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
ah i was just taking the easy shot at those.

maybe it would have been an absolute nightmare for everyone involved, but i wonder why they didn't just... delay tros like cameron's done with avatar and its sequels. to a certain extent, i think the fanfic-y star wars films had too many true believers involved at higher levels of power.

It's some of that but it's also that the one aspect of the new films Lucasfilm couldn't control was their release dates. Lucasfilm has creative autonomy, but Disney is still the distributor and has final word on when stuff comes out, so if they said they want that Star Wars revenue in December 2019, that's when it's gotta happen. As you say, the people calling the shots (including Bob Iger) probably considered Star Wars as bulletproof as the MCU, but without a Kevin Feige equivalent helming the ship, that just wasn't true. And so we got what amounts to a panic-written trainwreck from Abrams and Terrio, to the eternal detriment of the franchise.

There is pretty much a 100% chance that when production ramps up on new Star Wars films, Favreau and Filoni will be the Kevin Feige of Star Wars for the foreseeable future.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It -is- kinda crazy that nearly 50 of those were produced and yet never saw the light of day, even if they were pretty bad (from what I've seen). That said, considering the quality of this leak, I have to imagine this may have been an intentional upload on someone's part in an effort to garner interest and get Disney to put it up on Disney+ or something... not unlike the Deadpool situation.