• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Bernie wanted to help... But only Biden could best Trump... /S

Bernie's ideas are looking better everyday...

Americans, free health Care is possible, give it a chance.

BlackNMild2k1

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
COVIDCare4All 2020!?

seriously, all this COVID-19 drama should be a huge wake-up call for everything wrong with this country right now.
Healthcare reform is a must, argument for UBI, digital revolution for telecommuting, teleconferencing, and so many other digital services we could have if the telecom companies would be forced to actually upgrade the entire network and stop gouging us for tax money in exchange for at best average speeds on substandard technology.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing to watch America spiral down a drain dug by insurances and healthcare systems but it's depressing to watch the UK try to slavishly copy that system.

I broke my toes at the weekend (again!) and decided it wasn't worth navigating the system during a health crisis- and I have "Cadillac " health insurance.

I reset the displaced little toe (soft notes of fruity anguished agony and heady, bright overtones of rosehip and crying) and keeping an eye on the rest of the foot to make sure it heals normally. I'll go in if anything goes wrong-er. I think the second to little toe is probably fractured and there might be a crack on the foot beyond.

but the fact that someone with great insurance is just too tired and annoyed to deal with it is also a red flag.

if I went to the ER I might wait all day in a chaotic environment full of panicking parents, ODs, gunshot victims and chaos, if I went to my doc I'd be waiting for secondary imaging at another facility and X-ray tech and mri billing. Might be another week before I get the information and meanwhile my foot is mostly healed.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
our current system is just cruel and inhumane. I hope more people see this the longer the crisis continues.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't really just a Republican thing though, is it? The current Dem frontrunner is in favour of this system still.
Not strictly a Republican thing. Just overwhelmingly a Republican thing.

Also, I voted for Bernie, but Biden has made it clear he will expand the ACA at minimum. The GOP spent all of 2017 trying to kill that very program.

Haint

Banned
Oct 14, 2018
The real kicker is that if she had insurance, they would "negotiate" this bill down to $2000-$3000, which is what her treatment actually cost. I don't understand the logic in giving uninsured individuals these 1000% markup fake bills, I have to imagine 99% of them are never paid.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Treatment should be free. This is a fucking vital outbreak, but that shouldn't even be the real reason for treatment to be free.

Nude_Tayne

Jan 8, 2018
earth
Health insurance companies need to be burned to the ground. They're parasitic. I'm going to feel sick to my stomach if I have to vote for any Democrat who promises no fundamental changes to a fundamentally broken healthcare system.

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
The real kicker is that if she had insurance, they would "negotiate" this bill down to $2000-$3000, which is what her treatment actually cost. I don't understand the logic in giving uninsured individuals these 1000% markup fake bills, I have to imagine 99% of them are never paid.

The main reason is because hospitals produce a single bill no matter who's paying. It makes sense for hospitals because billing is complicated.

truecostofhealthcare.org

Hospital Billing - True Cost of Healthcare

My new book The Great American Healthcare Scam: How Kickbacks, Collusion and Propaganda have Exploded Healthcare Costs in the United States Can now be purchased on Amazon. Here are the links: Paperback eBook Spending time in the hospital is very expensive. Rather than giving you an itemized list...

Hospitals see no problem in sending bills to insurance companies for five to ten times the amount that they actually expect, because they are simply playing the game that the insurance companies fashioned. But remember, they only produce one kind of bill, and it's designed to send to someone who holds all the cards (an insurance company), and so can just refuse to pay anything they didn't already agree to pay. That's their game.

But what happens when you have to play the game with the hospital alone (if you don't have insurance, or if your insurance doesn't cover that stay for some reason). Then you're on the hook for the entire amount. Most hospitals have a policy that allows people to negotiate for a lower amount, but most people don't know this. And don't expect the hospital to tell you about it, let alone help out. So even if you can remember to negotiate while you're convalescing from a long hospital stay, good luck trying to get the deal the insurance company gets.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I mean... what are the ramifications of not paying this bill? Is that even an option for this individual?

Oct 25, 2017

My wife was in the ER for a couple of hours a few years back, and the bill was $5000. My insurance company negotiated it down to $3500. Guess what my deductible is? Yep, $3500. It's all a racket, and I just threw the bill in the trash. Already have a house, cars...won't need good credit anytime soon. Fuck them.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
That's awful. While here I am being notified the other day that any Covid 19 treatment, including hospital stays, will be at no cost on our insurance. Wish everyone could have that in this country.

Deleted member 19813

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We received a bill for $42k with insurance for an overnight stay for my daughter's stomach virus. Bastards.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I knew if Coronavirus spread here as much as it spread to other parts of the world, it would be a fucking disaster of epic proportions for exactly this reason.

We absolutely need universal healthcare in America.

Oct 27, 2017
The US is fucked. I don't know how you guys ever recover from this crisis.
Bernie wanted to help... But only Biden could best Trump... /S

Bernie's ideas are looking better everyday...

Americans, free health Care is possible, give it a chance.
This was how we fix it but chumps chose Biden cause they just wanna go back. It's gonna get really bad , hopefully this pandemic is the wake up call they need.

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
Just another reminder that America is fucked and the Medical Insurance Industry is nothing but parasites. Fuck all the people who prop this shit up.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MURICA BABY!!!! FREEEEEEDOM!!!!! BITCHESSSSS!

Kyo

Oct 25, 2017
Fun thought experiment: if a virus only killed anyone that made over 100k a year, how quickly do you think it would take to get a vaccine?

And if it only killed the poors, the only thing out of stock on shelves would probably be champagne.

I was thinking last month that if someone actually invented an immortality drug(vs aging) and the rich and powerful naturally got first dibs/coveted it, would they all suddenly start taking climate change seriously? This reminded me of that lol.

BackLogJoe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I read this and immediately heard a snippet of a Hed(PE) song which would probably be my response.

Hahahahaha suck my dick.