• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck man

Update Now Close
As of 8:30 a.m., however, Hain said the school was in compliance.
Hain and sheriff's deputies were outside the school grounds Monday morning awaiting any families or staff. Hain said deputies had noticed a large turnout for religious services one day earlier.

Had the school remained open Monday, Hain said they were ready to issue notice-to-appear charges on reckless conduct on Tuesday.
School officials could not immediately be reached for comment. It wasn't clear whether they knew deputies would be at the school Monday morning, or why they didn't previously alert the sheriff's office about their decision to close the school.
The school included a note about COVID-19 on both its school and church pages, though it was not clear when that note was written. It said "freedom to assemble and exercise religion is one of the most foundational and defended rights in our nation's history. This God-given right is protected by our Constitution and has been reaffirmed countless times by our courts amidst many attempts of government overreach."
It said any decisions would be made with wisdom and prayer.

Original article before the edit.
Kane County sheriff's deputies spent Monday morning at Northwest Baptist Academy in Elgin, asking parents to keep their children home after school leaders refused to voluntarily shutter the school in accordance with a statewide "stay-at-home" order.
Undersheriff Patrick Gengler said his office had been in talks "all weekend starting Friday" with the school, which is part of the larger Northwest Bible Baptist Church community.

"We are waiting to see about today. We are not sure if they will open. They held church services yesterday, so we think they will try to continue," Gengler wrote in an email.
Gengler said deputies were handing out copies of a compliance letter, which reiterates Gov. J.B. Pritzker's statewide order limiting activities to those that are essential.
"So far this is the only church/school that we know of that is not in compliance with the state," he said.

www.chicagotribune.com

Kane County religious school moves to e-learning as sheriff’s deputies prepare to bring the school into compliance with stay-at-home mandate

Kane County sheriff’s deputies spent Monday morning at Northwest Baptist Academy in Elgin planning to ask parents to keep their children home from what was believed to be the last open school in the state, but without telling officials, the school decided before the start of the school day to...

Last edited:

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy. They should shit it down anyway. Fuck their beliefs. They're putting lives in danger. If they stay open, whoever runs the place should be tossed in jail for murder if someone dies.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yea saw that in the news. Pretty crazy considering the archdiocese in Chicago was one of the first to close the schools

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Yea saw that in the news. Pretty crazy considering the archdiocese in Chicago was one of the first to close the schools
Baptists aren't Catholics

Baptist also have a reputation of being on the Evangelical side of things so being antiscience and probably believing that God will save them from it because they're devout is pretty par for the course for them

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Seperation of church and state and religious freedom is so you can't tell me what to believe or not, and so beliefs are not used to create laws that affect citizens, not so you can do what you want and be protected by saying your religious.

shut them the fuck down, no sympathy.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kane County isn't Chicago...
Baptists aren't Catholics

Baptist also have a reputation of being on the Evangelical side of things so being antiscience and probably believing that God will save them from it because they're devout is pretty par for the course for them

Being Catholic and living in Chicagoland I already knew both items mentioned.

I was simply comparing one religious organization's response with another.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
Until everyone from everywhere in Illinois stops saying they're "from Chicago" because they can't be bothered explaining where they're actually from (See also, Detroit, Seattle, LA) then you're stuck with this.

Only people who actually say this are tourists or transplants. It's best just to ignore them.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The article says the school shut down and moved to e-learning. Not sure why OP left that part out

alex.magnus

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really confused... if this is a state order why does it matter if they want to stay open or not?

they have no saying on this in the same way that no store has a saying in it... I really don't understand how America works sometimes