• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 8, 2018
About what I thought it would be content wise. It helps that gameplay trailers are more common nowadays although they can turn out hectic at times.

I cut off the stream after 1h 30m or so and the ability to skip the parts i'm not interested in during the rest of the complete stream felt good. Had I watched everything in one go my opinion would be influenced. Solid show, nowhere near mind blowing but the kind of announcements i'll take on a weekday.

Last edited:

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Nothing could really top Sephy being announced for Smash that night. But I guess my most anticipated other than that would be Ghosts and Goblins Resurrection.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Season was the best looking thing there. Somehow that Evil Dead game looks pretty cool as well. Also excited to see that game from the Dead Space Devs.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing really did much for me, except for the Sephiroth reveal, even though I haven't played Ultimate in ages. I texted my cousin last night who was also watching that a lot of the games reminded me of fake games you'd see in a movie or TV show haha

OP
OP
Comrade Grogu

Comrade Grogu

Banned
Jun 20, 2020
Rtrr00a.jpg

But high key, thanks OP for this thread. I lose track of these shows and it would be nice to have an archive of what has been announced at these shows so we can keep up.

From what I've seen announced though, I'm luke warm. There's some hype like ME and DA but until I see gameplay, I can't get hype off cgi trailers, teasers and logos.
I think that "fisting" joke was poor humor on my part; I might take it out if everyone wants me to.

But hey, thanks for the kudos. And I get you about the gameplay in some areas, but I think that usually comes shortly after announcements anyways (like a month or two after their debut).

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
It Takes Two was the only game that really made me perk up.

A pretty mediocre show overall but absolutely unsurprising given the year it's been.

Oct 27, 2017
Crimson Desert looks really cool. Was always interested in Black Desert but this looks like a better jumping on point.

Oct 25, 2017
Just catching up on what happened yesterday, was too preoccupied with disney stuff at the same time

Callisto Protocol and Evil West were the reveals that interested me most
Century: Age of Ashes seems like something my lady might want me to get

Oct 25, 2017
I think that "fisting" joke was poor humor on my part; I might take it out if everyone wants me to.

But hey, thanks for the kudos. And I get you about the gameplay in some areas, but I think that usually comes shortly after announcements anyways (like a month or two after their debut).

Oh no you don't have to lmao! It was funny so I posted a picture of my actual reaction when reading it lol, you're fine, at least to me.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I only played NieR Automata for the first time earlier this year (and adored it), so Replicant is easily one of my most hyped games now. I never played the original either so it's all fresh for me, and while I don't have a frame of reference for how it's improved...it basically looks exactly like Automata graphically. This was the most exciting point of the show for me.

It Takes Two, Season, Open Roads, Back4Blood, Road 96 and Shady Part of Me all look promising as well.

Returnal hasn't completely convinced me yet, but I hope it turns out well. And Perfect Dark would have been a cooler reveal had it not been rumored/leaked endlessly for months. Plus that trailer didn't really give me much to latch onto yet, and there's still question marks over what the 'seasonal' development concept means for it.

klauskorp

Oct 27, 2017
Minnesota
Huh, didn't realize they finally put a date on Super Meat Boy Forever. I'm extremely curious about that game because it seems so antithetical to the original. I'm not saying a runner can't be good and challenging and whatnot, but the cynical part of me says that's a design you choose solely because you want the game to work well everywhere (including phones) rather than designing it to be great somewhere at the expense of another.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Aside from console Disco Elysium, there wasn't really anything in there of interest to me. Like maybe I'll play the Mass Effect or Dragon Age games 8 years from now, but I feel no excitement for them in the moment. That's okay I guess, I already got more than enough 2021 games to last the year.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Stupid sexy Dragon Age 4 and holy shit that Mass Effect 5 teaser. I know I should know better than to get too hyped, but Bioware had me right in the nostalgia. And feels. Nostalgiafeels.

Excited for Sea of Solitude: Director's Cut, NieR: Replicant, The Callisto Protocol (I look forward to other people who are braver than me playing it), Open Roads, Returnal, Season, Disco Elysium - The Final Cut.

Whilst I can't say I was thrilled to see Sephiroth added to the Smash roster (another male sword user, sigh), it was semi-worth it for the memes alone. Glorious.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still perplexed by the amount of movie stars etc. who made an appearance to present awards. Was that purely to try and attract a more general audience? It's odd to me because I feel like most people who are into games would already know about the event. And people who would be enticed to watch something because their favourite celeb was on likely isn't someone who will care about the game announcements or awards...

On top of that, what the hell was with both Nolan North AND Tom Holland showing up, and them not debuting some Uncharted movie trailer? That seemed like the biggest no brainer when they announced their appearances.

Oct 26, 2017
Only highlights for me were Sephiroth in Smash, Monster Hunter Rise's trailer, and the announcements of Ghost & Goblins and Capcom Arcade Stadium for Switch. Basically Nintendo fans didn't have much in big game reveals, particularly without Nintendo having a new game, breaking their 3-year streak. :(

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Perfect Dark was the highlight for me. Before I played Halo I use to play the game endlessly for two years straight with my friends. One of the best FPS games of all time. A big shame PDZ was nowhere near as good. I'm hoping The Initiative does it justice. The Mass Effect sequel also has my interest, but after the back to back disappointments with ME3 and Andromeda I'm keeping my expectations in check.

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
Happy to see Perfect Dark return, though the trailer didn't really show much tbh.

Most of the reveals were pretty interesting, though Road 96 really stood out to me above the others. With how much of a mess the US has been over the last 4 years, that's definitely a premise I can empathize with.