• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
www.businessinsider.com

An old Ted Cruz tweet mocking California's 'failed energy policies' resurfaces as a storm leaves millions of Texans without power

Over 3 million Texans were without power on Tuesday as a winter storm brought record-low temperatures to huge swaths of the US.

An August tweet in which Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas mocked California's "failed energy policies" recirculated on social media on Tuesday as millions of Texans were without electricity because of a rare and severe winter storm.

As of Monday, about 154 million Americans were under some form of winter-weather advisory, CNN reported. About 3.6 million Texans were without power on Tuesday afternoon, according to the outage-tracking site PowerOutage.us, as the state's infrastructure struggles to handle the inclement weather.

In the tweet on August 19, in response to a message from the governor's office urging Californians to turn off unneeded lights and limit their use of appliances, Cruz said California was "unable to perform even basic functions of civilization, like having reliable electricity."

Over the summer, California experienced wildfires and extreme heat waves that strained the state's power infrastructure and caused outages. State and local officials responded by urging citizens to limit their electricity use.

Now, Texas' power grid has failed; the state's infrastructure is largely unequipped to handle lots of ice and snow and freezing temperatures.

Funny how when California has issues-we should sweep our forests, or it's because of a Democrat controlled poorly run, communist state. But when the same thing happens in Texas it's different because of reasons.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost like the United States shouldn't be demonizing or attacking other states given we all have unique challenges and problems that require attention.

like what value does it have to attack California about its issues when Texas has its own basket of problems?

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
ted-cruz-dad-4.gif

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
This is what happens when you treat politics like a dumbass sport. After the Texans get the help they need, this needs to be brought up to every Republican that made a stupid tweet about CA

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, Cornyn took time today to mock Bill Gates for something about artificial meat, I'm sure he didn't have anything better to be doing.

Also your required reminder that our AG Ken Paxton has been dodging criminal indictments for ~5 years now.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like the freeze in Texas will have more horrible consequences than mocking politicians.

People don't understand climate change and think global warming will make everything hotter. This freeze in Texas could end up backfiring and convince more people that climate change isn't real, or that we need warming to prevent the freeze.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Shame the State of Texas couldn't harness the energy of the hot air their political leaders blow.

Oct 26, 2017
I remember when The Daily Show with Stewart would throw their words back in their faces, and show their hypocrisy. Nowadays, I've realized it doesn't matter---they don't care about being hypocrites. These pieces of shit have their agendas, and they will say whatever to get there.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Not only are they fucking awful for mocking other states during emergencies instead of actually trying to help or show support for their country's citizens, texas has of course allowed people who are suffering to be charged more for their energy they get right now too right? So texas is in a fucked up places and these GOP fucks only ever make shit worse.

Also fucking cruz is such a slimeball, writing a big piece and then sending it out saying he asked Biden to approve of the federal help request, as if Biden was trump and would refuse without being asked and having his ass kissed. But or course Ted cruz had to use something that was going to happen anyway to score points for himself so he can brag he got something done other than being part of the cause of an attack on the government itself a bit over a month ago.

Fuck you cruz you piece of shit, you're not only a disgrace to your state and country, you're a distance to the world and humanity itself.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
These political jabs piss me off. "Look at what happens when so-and-so is in charge!!" and then have something like this happens... I'm not going to sit back and laugh at Texas when people are screwed without power and FREEZING, and can't do much about it because it wasn't on them. I already experience an entire month of smoke and couldn't open any windows in my home all August last year, so another end of the spectrum sucks, and I don't want people to feel the same on any temp extreme :/ It's just very, very redundant and exhausting...

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
They should be forced to speak on their dumb ass tweets and messaging. They will continue to do these things if they are never held accountable.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
His fellow Texan officals Crenshaw and Cornyn took similar idiotic jabs at California around then too:

Was Dan too busy filming another awful action film staring himself instead of doing his job and taking notice of the issues elsewhere he was mocking and taking steps to make sure his state never had to experience it's own issues and make him look more of a dumbass than he already does? Oh right, I forgot, when you're a GOP member in a deeply red state you don't actually have to do shit to help people who are in your state when you could be instead lobbying to hurt them at the benefit of corporations instead.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Good luck trying to shame Ted Cruz of all people.

This is true and for anyone who expects a man to show shame that did not do so when someone called his wife ugly who he then went on to defend as he did awful shit then you're going to be left very disappointed. I'm sure his wife wishes he felt shame for not defending her and taking a stand for her but not even she could change the slimeball he is.