• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is the best suplex?

• German Suplex

Votes: 354 59.4%
  • Belly to Back Suplex

Votes: 34 5.7%
  • Half Nelson Suplex

Votes: 23 3.9%
  • Japanese Ocean Cyclone Suplex

Votes: 34 5.7%
  • Thor 2: The Dark World Suplex

Votes: 83 13.9%
  • #ReleaseTheSteinerCut

Votes: 40 6.7%
  • Batman Gator Suplex

Votes: 28 4.7%

• Total voters

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Sure, it is popular in wrestling...

giphy.gif

...but also accessible to the common people.

giphy.gif

It brings the pain in gaming:
latest

It is also something used as a showstopper in film:

Blade doing the hold and flex just to show off:
giphy.gif

Cap showing Winter Soldier how things are done in Brooklyn:
CaptainAmerica4%2BGIF.gif

Hulk giving The Dark World Suplex to a giant fucking wolf is one of the most comic book things to ever comic book in the MCU:
UnconsciousPerfectIlladopsis-size_restricted.gif

And then you get ungodly humans like Donnie Yen busting them out with the smoothest fucking transition ever:
ZealousInfatuatedHorseshoecrab-size_restricted.gif

So Era, and especially WrestleEra, I NEED gifs or videos of the best suplexes in any medium. This is NOT about other moves like elbow drops, leg drops, body slams, lariats, etc. I want ONLY suplexes in here. Let us bring some painful joy to this bitter world. A unifying force for good. And pain.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I watched my friend land the cleanest suplex during a fight. Knocked the dude out

Credo

Oct 25, 2017
The best for me will always be the Perfect Plex, hands down. And I don't mean the generic fisherman's suplex but the specific version performed by Curt Hennig, because why settle for less than Perfect?

GQRb.gif

Last edited:

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
It's Travis Touchdown's signature wrestling move in the No More Heroes series. It's oh-so satisfying to pull off with the game's simple motion controls, since the series eschews waggle in favor of swipes and spins that feel appropriate to the situation.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Indy monster Shane Mercer has a top rope backflip fall away suplex that he calls moonsault and battery.

Last edited:

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm more of a fan of Powerbombs and Piledrivers, but I'm a sucker for a good German Suplex

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm struggling to find footage but I've seen a delayed vertical suplex on someone passed between two people via a tag done a few times on the indies lately.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Bless this thread. I NON-IRONICALLY think that the suplex is the greatest human invention ever. Let us all celebrate.

Alas, despite my high adoration and enthusiasm of the suplex, I am not the type to have collected gifs and such and thus cannot visually contribute to this celebration, but godspeed all you wonderful fellow suplex-lovers.