• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
horizon.png

Jesus...Sea of Thieves has been glued to #1 for a while right?
This will be huge for Sony!

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
i am really glad i don't make Big Decisions when it comes to financials, game exclusivity etc because to me it really seems to make sense to get stuff multiplatform, at least on to a 'neurtral' platform like PC

but i am the big dumb so who knows

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
Yes! Can't wait to see what bloodbourne would do to the charts. Make it happen, Sony.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
hopefully those new comer will buy ps5 when Horizon 2 is released, might mean more ps games on pc. just think about Naughty Dog games on pc.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait for the ND games to come out on the PC 😆

Yes, I know they will never be day and date.

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
It was obvious that their games would sell well on pc, now Sony is seeing the potential of having another large revenue stream.
Dipping and testing with a few pc ports and then later probably following in MS's footsteps with regards to not treating pc like Tier 2.

Oct 31, 2017
Paris, France
Just trolling :

PC gamers : "master race don't give a shit about consoles."

Exclusive console games coming to PC

"Into my veins, nowwwwww"

Joke asides I think it's great that old enough exclusives expand their gamer base.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
It's almost like Sony has been leaving money on the table by not bringing games to PC.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It was obvious that their games would sell well on pc, now Sony is seeing the potential of having another large revenue stream.
Dipping and testing with a few pc ports and then later probably following in MS's footsteps with regards to not treating pc like Tier 2.

Yeah just bring over Bloodborne next, free that game from crappy performance.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
unless Sony make their own PC Store, PC will always be tier 2 for Sony. they make more money on Playstation and the more 3rd party game sold on PS, the better for Sony.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
unless Sony make their own PC Store, PC will always be tier 2 for Sony. they make more money on Playstation and the more 3rd party game sold on PS, the better for Sony.
Besides the return on investment for an old game is massive. Have a system seller, then a few years down the road chuck it on PC for nearly full price and make bank

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit mesmerized that a Sony exclusive and a MS exclusive are right next to each other on a Steam chart.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The next step is clear, Sony. You know what to do next. You know what the people want. OUR EYES ARE YET TO OPEN.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, there's a difference between consoles and console games, I don't give a shit about consoles either, wouldn't buy a PS4 for this game but I'd be more likely to buy it on PC

Yup, plus some of us have PS4s but would rather play on PC.

I was playing Spider-Man not long ago on my PS4 and was just thinking how great it would have been to play it on my PC instead.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Sony getting a whiff of that untapped PC money is gonna lead to some big changes me think.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it would be near the top anyway, but Steam has that extra coupon on initial purchase during the summer sale that I'm guessing people are using on Sea of Thieves and Horizon Zero Dawn.

Smart to have a pre order out right now.

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
i am really glad i don't make Big Decisions when it comes to financials, game exclusivity etc because to me it really seems to make sense to get stuff multiplatform, at least on to a 'neurtral' platform like PC

but i am the big dumb so who knows

It's actually the opposite. For a platform holder/publisher, this shows that you can make a game exclusive on a platform - driving platform sales - and then still make it successful on other platforms, at full price, years later.

Publishing Horizon Zero Dawn on PC now is a brilliant move. As it's a 3-year-old title, it won't make any more large pushes on PS4, especially that PS5 is on the, hm, horizon. What you do, is sell H:ZD to the PC crowd now and then, next year, release the sequel on PS5, still as an exclusive. Now those players have some vested interest in an exclusive franchise and may be inclined to invest in the platform (not wanting to play the sequel 3 years later). And if not, you still sold a 3-year-old game at full price.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Hopefully Sony realizing all the money they are leaving on the table and this is a new trend.

OP
OP
Tiago Rodrigues

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
It's actually the opposite. For a platform holder/publisher, this shows that you can make a game exclusive on a platform - driving platform sales - and then still make it successful on other platforms, at full price, years later.

Publishing Horizon Zero Dawn on PC now is a brilliant move. As it's a 3-year-old title, it won't make any more large pushes on PS4, especially that PS5 is on the, hm, horizon. What you do, is sell H:ZD to the PC crowd now and then, next year, release the sequel on PS5, still as an exclusive. Now those players have some vested interest in an exclusive franchise and may be inclined to invest in the platform (not wanting to play the sequel 3 years later). And if not, you still sold a 3-year-old game at full price.

Let's not forget about the amount of people that will now double dip as well.
This did wonders for GTAV back in the day. PS3 and Xbox 360 in 2013, PS4 and Xbox One in 2014 and PC in 2015.

A lot of people have 3 versions of this game if not more, lmao.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
I'm sure it would be near the top anyway, but Steam has that extra coupon on initial purchase during the summer sale that I'm guessing people are using on Sea of Thieves and Horizon Zero Dawn.

Smart to have a pre order out right now.
What extra coupon? I thought it was EGS which gave 10€ coupon during their last sale.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I expect this is what Sony will do with their first party line up from now on. Release exclusively on PlayStation and then have a delayed PC release 3-4 years after the fact

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
Sea of Thieves finally taken off #1 since release, wonder for how long Horizon will keep it.

Cant say im surprised a AAA release pops up as first

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017

Agreed, and if/when Horizon: Forbidden West comes to PC, it'll be long after the PS5 release and the pattern repeats itself. When it gets to the 3 years or more range the impact of a game being fully exclusive reduces a fair bit, and it's only beneficial to release it on other platforms.

OtterX

Mar 12, 2020
Good for Sony. Hopefully this is the first of many to come and a change in philosophy.

Sony and MS games coming to PC will just be a boon to both companies. There are tons of PC gamers that just love the platform and will either wait for games to come to them or not play them at all. There isn't a shortage of games on PC to keep them occupied.