• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
d5pEiJC.png
ZhYNWAQ.png
ktO5wC3.png
4SZYolI.png
RewW7c0.png
RewW7c0.png
ydS5ALj.png
vY7wBAz.png
DDCt3Bt.png
rOyM7xe.png
xrZ7cEX.png
5taRClM.png
zDyfP47.png

Vince wild

tenor.gif

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Re: Mark Henry. I sincerely doubt Vince tested him even a bit. Mark was probably being chartiable.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I read this thread when it came up last year. It was very entertaining.

Vince McMahon is quite a character. He's basically the embodiment of "what if an uneducated redneck thrash was a billionnaire".

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
McMahon probably has a good shot at the presidency if he felt like it. He's a fucked up dude who sold a character to generations of people.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
McMahon probably has a good shot at the presidency if he felt like it. He's a fucked up dude who sold a character to generations of people.
Here's hoping that he never tries or gets the chance, because yeah, he'd be an obvious next step after Trump. Hell, he even has managed to run a successful business, unlike Trump, so the "he'll be good for the economy" shit will be in high fucking gear during his campaign.

HomokHarcos

Jul 11, 2018
Canada
Here's hoping that he never tries or gets the chance, because yeah, he'd be an obvious next step after Trump. Hell, he even has managed to run a successful business, unlike Trump, so the "he'll be good for the economy" shit will be in high fucking gear during his campaign.
Unlike Trump who can't take any criticism, McMahon seems to revel in hate.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Some of of these are kind of endearing, but most of it is god awful.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
By the time I was reading the 12th tweet I thought I was nearly close to finish the thread. I was wrong

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Vince McMahon is pretty much what Trump pretends to be. All of the narcissism, sociopathy, craziness, bullying, and dumbassery, with occasional crazy attempts to physically back it up (trying to wrestle olympians, driving like a maniac, etc)

Also will fold like tissue paper when he legit pisses someone off (Bret Hart, Nailz, )

Oct 27, 2017
Oof that story about Vince getting molested as a child. Surprised he went on record with that. Of course you cope however you think should cope.

Hopefully someone takes Vince to court or gets some measure of punishment for the whole Twitch takeover thing. I get if they're using a WWE name (it's still dumb tho) but Aj Styles owns his name and Paige uses her real name and can never wrestle again.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Vince, his underbosses, and the entire WWE suck ass.

Don't support them. If you don't care about the ethical reasons, at least know that you'll live a happier life without subjecting yourself to that trash.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Got maybe less than a quarter through that, thinking "oh man I must be close to the end". Nope. It just goes on forever. What a horrible human cretin.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
vince was smarter than a bunch of regional carny promoters and when he got in trouble co-opted ecw, that's about it. that he could finagle billion dollar contracts and get all this investor support despite having a super terrible product tells me all i need about the intelligence of your general shareholder.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
Honestly, Vince is one of the most unique, weird, hateful, prideful, and oddly caring carny dude to ever live.

I really wish a company would do a biography of Vince's life, but without the WWE involvement like the Netflix series. I imagine the stories from his life could fill hours and hours of television.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Knew most of these but some were new to me.

Everybody snoring but Vince being up giggling at his own farts made me laugh out loud.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
The one about Big Show being booked with Khali because he was shitting in Vince's toilet slayed me, while most of this is familiar to me, that one was new.

pauljeremiah

Oct 28, 2017
Ireland
I hope the Netflix doc will cover everything about Vince, from his fucked up childhood growing up in a trailer park and being sexually abused by his stepfather to joining the wrestling industry (he wanted to be a wrestler but his father wouldn't allow him), to when he took over WWF and started to kill off his competition but being underhand and ruthless, example Black Saturday.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
There is plenty of evidence that Vince is an eccentric, asshole egomaniac, but I do question how much of this stuff is even remotely true, a lot of the specific stories and anecdotes in particular. There's a lot of bullshit dirt sheet type stories that serve to mythologize people and make them seem larger than life in the wrestling industry.

Deleted member 5028

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is plenty of evidence that Vince is an eccentric, asshole egomaniac, but I do question how much of this stuff is even remotely true, a lot of the specific stories and anecdotes in particular. There's a lot of bullshit dirt sheet type stories that serve to mythologize people and make them seem larger than life in the wrestling industry.
The guy is bona fide insane and backed up through many autobiographical tales or interviews

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
It does sound like it.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The line about how he had to be talked out of Brawl for All at NTX...what's the context? Been out of the wrestling loop since the late 90s.
He wanted to have a real shoot fight tournament with real wrestlers. They last tried this in the 90s and Bart Gunn won by beating the shit out of people. He then lost after a single punch to Butterbean at WM15

Oct 27, 2017
The crazy thing about this is that not only is most of this stuff true. There's way more that's unverified. Like for instance I don't think I saw the story about him taking the Doomsday Device from the Road Warriors in a Strip Club in any of those tweets.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The crazy thing about this is that not only is most of this stuff true. There's way more that's unverified. Like for instance I don't think I saw the story about him taking the Doomsday Device from the Road Warriors in a Strip Club in any of those tweets.
The story was the Hart Attack in the strip club no? That was cited.