• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
His behavior is creepy and uncomfortable. I don't know if you could classify this as sexual assault or harassment It shows extremely poor judgement and a lack of understanding or respect for boundaries.

But he's not a pedophile, he's not a sexual predator. He's never raped anyone, he's never tried to seduce young girls or anyone else on record. There's nothing to indicate he grabs asses or breasts of anyone. Just he gets uncomfortably close and behaves in ways that are unwelcomed.

Women have every right to feel creeped out by his behavior and made to feel uncomfortable. But I don't think you can make a case against him as abusing his position to take advantage of people, or secretly coercing women into .

Someone should have told him this shit isn't cool a long time ago, and I'd love to know why they didn't or why he didn't stop. But some of the reactions against him are expressing as much as R-Kelly or Weinstein. It's far from the same.
Hes better than trump. Thats all he has to be really. The standard is your opponent. That being said he has so much baggage that i don't think hes a slam dunk the people think he is. If we knew for sure for sure that he was the best shot at beating Trump by a wide margin there would be nothing to discuss.

Deleted member 16983

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you fucking serious? At this point, who fucking cares?
I can't believe I'm saying this, but you snowflakes MUST grow the fuck up!
We have sexual predators all over DC, in the WH and SCOTUS, and you're hung up over something like this?
Call me when there's real proof of sexual harassment or predation ... Jesus Christ!

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We have sexual predators all over DC, in the WH and SCOTUS, and you're hung up over something like this?
Call me when there's real proof of sexual harassment or predation ... Jesus Christ!

This is not a good take. We can hold Dem politicians to a higher standard, even if the Republicans don't...

Oct 25, 2017
"Grow the fuck up and have no consistent and ethical standards for our elected officials like me!"

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh come the fuck on. He's fucking nuzzling little girls in half of these clips.

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This thread is literally about a woman who was sexually harassed by him on national television.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
"where's the proof"

Even if this is your standard, he's on fucking video, in public, out in plain sight.

Congrats on contributing to the silencing of victims asshole

Oct 25, 2017
Bidens been a known sex creep and has one of the absolute worst records on policy of any Democrat.

He should fuck off forever. Dont even run asshole.

fauxtrot

Oct 25, 2017

Gross. Enjoy your break!

Calling people "snowflakes" while this post reads like you are having a meltdown is hilarious to me.

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

What the fuck

Jesus Christ, is there anyone that we have that can stand up to trump in 2020?

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
there are like 30 people running for president and Biden is 1 of them

Hopefully some of them can make some real waves! We all need to rally behind someone like Clinton again, but like, better this time.

Yes. Literally any other major candidate that isn't named Joe Biden. And even then I have no doubt he would win a general.

Hope you're right. I'm worried about being overconfident in that. Got us Trump in 2016.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Joe Biden really has nothing outside of name recognition and israel support
His voting track record is horrible

mashoutposse

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mayor Pete ... President Pete. Biden wasn't going to make it past the debates, anyway.

Buttigieg's communication skills are superb. He is clearly a person who believes in and benefits from extensive preparation; he will perform excellently in the debates. He is a seasoned local executive with his ear to the streets and has the best instincts of the pack re: what people need to hear to close the deal. He is not weighed down by a long and imperfect political career, yet manages to tick all of the boxes, including being a "historical" candidate (youngest ever, gay). He will win.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Idk why people think Biden is the only way for dems to win. A Bernie/Beto ticket would stand a strong chance IMO.
There would be revolts at the convention if that was the ticket. The Democratic Party is increasingly no longer a party for white males. The base is not white males. It's soccer moms and African Americans. The party will not and cannot nominate two straight white men in 2020 without angering the base radically. Both Beto and Bernie have gone on record saying so as well.

Neither of the two creepy near 80 year old straight white dudes represent the base of the party.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Mayor Pete ... President Pete. Biden wasn't going to make it past the debates, anyway.

Buttigieg's communication skills are superb. He is clearly a person who believes in and benefits from extensive preparation; he will perform excellently in the debates. He is a seasoned local executive with his ear to the streets and has the best instincts of the pack re: what people need to hear to close the deal. He is not weighed down by a long and imperfect political career, yet manages to tick all of the boxes, including being a "historical" candidate (youngest ever, gay). He will win.
Hell yeah, bring on Buttigieg.

Oct 25, 2017
There would be revolts at the convention if that was the ticket. The Democratic Party is increasingly no longer a party for white males. The base is not white males. It's soccer moms and African Americans. The party will not and cannot nominate two straight white men in 2020 without angering the base radically.

Neither of the two creepy near 80 year old straight white dudes represent the base of the party.
I'm pretty sure black people would reject Bernie for being progressive over being white considering how much better Biden and Clinton did with black people vs. in general.

Oct 25, 2017
People should read A Colossal Wreck by Alexander Cockburn to get a sense of just how fucking terrible Biden is. The absolute worst of the Third Way Democrats. He could have won in 2016 but nobody should even think about supporting him now. Nobody should have supported him ever, but there was a complete rejection of his brand of Democrat politics.

There would be revolts at the convention if that was the ticket. The Democratic Party is increasingly no longer a party for white males. The base is not white males. It's soccer moms and African Americans. The party will not and cannot nominate two straight white men in 2020 without angering the base radically. Both Beto and Bernie have gone on record saying so as well.

Is the disingenuous strategy now going to be comparing bernie and Biden because one of them is a gross molester?

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
This was honestly the first thing that came to mind when I heard he was possibly running.

People are too quick to forget and/or forgive shit that people do.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018

Please don't equate Bernie to a touchy creep with sexual predator tendencies.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
Yeah he's done. This will surely be brought front and center if he announces
I just want to know which Democrat can't be attacked.
I am really curious if there is a concensus here of the best candidate in the race, who can take on Trump, is as clean as the democrats want and can also appeal to the centrists.
I hear a lot of Beto, but I just don't know why anybody is behind him. He looks like he has no substance.
But tell me who is the candidate that all the people can get behind?

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
There are lots of reason Biden shouldn't run, and yeah - this is a big one.

If he was running as a Republican, there'd be a lot of people in that party who'd be willing to excuse his gross behavior. Among democrats, there thankfully aren't as many. Would vote for Bernie over him in a heartbeat even if I'm not super jazzed about Bernie running again, either.

I am really curious if there is a concensus here of the best candidate in the race, who can take on Trump, is as clean as the democrats want and can also appeal to the centrists.
I hear a lot of Beto, but I just don't know why anybody is behind him. He looks like he has no substance.

There's no one candidate that everyone can or will get behind, but there are a hell of a lot better than Biden.

Oct 31, 2017

Is the disingenuous strategy now going to be comparing bernie and Biden because one of them is a gross molester?

I feel like the disingenuous thing is to call Bernie a "straight white male."

It's weird how some Democrats only count certain minorities. Bernie Sanders is Jewish, first of all. That's a very important Democratic bloc and one that has never been president. Second, straight white men are part of the party as well; telling them no just because is weird. Sanders and Warren represent the direction I want the party to go in. Buttigieg impressed me the minute I started hearing him speak before he started to get national attention. Inslee I like because he's big on climate change, and the Democratic Party has not done a good enough job going full-throttle on that. I do give credit for the attempt at cap and trade in 09/10, though.

It's OK to care about issues, but if we talk identity, forgetting that Sanders is Jewish is really disingenuous.

Bliman

User Requested Ban
Banned
Jan 21, 2019
There are lots of reason Biden shouldn't run, and yeah - this is a big one.

If he was running as a Republican, there'd be a lot of people in that party who'd be willing to excuse his gross behavior. Among democrats, there thankfully aren't as many. Would vote for Bernie over him in a heartbeat even if I'm not super jazzed about Bernie running again, either.

There's no one candidate that everyone can or will get behind, but there are a hell of a lot better than Biden.
But who?
I find it very troublesome that it appears there is no candidate that will be popular.
Like Sanders the last time. He would have easily won in the main election. He was/is super popular.
I think his ship has sailed. But I don't see a candidate that is really really popular.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I like him a lot after reading up on him a bit and agree with everything you said except your very last sentence. I fucking hate saying this, but his sexuality is probably disqualifying. I would love to be proven wrong, but I think we're decades away from getting past all the ignorance, homophobia, and machismo bullshit in this country to elect an LGBTQ person president.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And therefore Trump it is.

Gross take.

Beto is actually decently centrist in some ways. Tho optics/the media have painted him as a staunch progressive.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's mayor Pete. He's really good but also a white dude with a normal politician haircut so "centrists" like him.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's mayor Pete. He's really good but also a white dude with a normal politician haircut so "centrists" like him.

I hate to say it but I think his sexuality would sink him in the general. Republicans largely wouldn't vote for him and many "centrist allies" would mask their reason behind something else. I also imagine his political views would steer centrists away.

Not that he shouldn't run, he should. I just have no hope for him in the general.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
But who?
I find it very troublesome that it appears there is no candidate that will be popular.
Like Sanders the last time. He would have easily won in the main election. He was/is super popular.
I think his ship has sailed. But I don't see a candidate that is really really popular.

It's still too early and the field is quite crowded, though. Beto, Biden, and Bernie seem to be the most talked about right now. They all have their issues, but Beto has at least done a good job addressing stuff like the DUI early on. Elizabeth Warren will also be a strong contender even she's not as attention grabbing and talked about as others running.

Again, no candidate will be one that every democrat unifies behind. And because I think democrats are less likely to put party above principles (look at how everyone fell in line when Trump got the nomination), there is likely to be more fracturing. But I think the party will unify more than they tend to be given what's at stake in 2020.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate to say it but I think his sexuality would sink him in the general. Republicans largely wouldn't vote for him and many "centrist allies" would mask their reason behind something else. I also imagine his political views would steer centrists away,
I'm not sure. Like Sinema won in Arizona and she's both gay and a woman.

Centrists for sure don't car about political views at all. They generally just want someone who looks like they could play the president on TV 30 years ago.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's still too early and the field is quite crowded, though. Beto, Biden, and Bernie seem to be the most talked about right now. They all have their issues, but Beto has at least done a good job addressing stuff like the DUI early on. Elizabeth Warren will also be a strong contender even she's not as attention grabbing and talked about as others running.

Again, no candidate will be one that every democrat unifies behind. And because I think democrats are less likely to put party above principles (look at how everyone fell in line when Trump got the nomination), there is likely to be more fracturing. But I think the party will unify more than they tend to be given what's at stake in 2020.

We were more unified in 2016 than we were in 2008. Lotsa Hillary supporters wouldn't vote for Obama yet most Bernie ones voted for Hillary.

My point is, I don't think unifying is necessarily a problem outside of some centrists taking their ball and going home. The issue is the layout for the Electoral College and making sure to campaign in the right areas and appeal to the right people in said areas while also still appealing to the Democratic base.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hate to say it but I think his sexuality would sink him in the general. Republicans largely wouldn't vote for him and many "centrist allies" would mask their reason behind something else. I also imagine his political views would steer centrists away.

Not that he shouldn't run, he should. I just have no hope for him in the general.

After Trump, the "no hope in the general" means nothing to me. Candidates need to present their beliefs and we go from there. Buttigieg message starts making waves and I'm all for him. So far, I'm in camp Beto but that could change.

Edit: to clarify, I like what I see in him and Beto. I'm good with either. Not to mention Harris. The fact that he's gay and "has no hope in the general" won't stop me from supporting him.