• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
They don't often post "self help" types of videos but I found this one interesting.

As someone who often feels dissatisfied with a lot of things in life, I appreciated this video.

Curious what others think about it.

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
1. I got a swag new haircut.
2. I always love the hot towel afterwards.
3. I still have left-over ice cream for tonight.
4. I still came in the office on time.
5. I'm still currently slacking at my desk.

I'm practicing the recommendations in the video.

OP
OP
LookAtMeGo

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
1. I got a swag new haircut.
2. I always love the hot towel afterwards.
3. I still have left-over ice cream for tonight.
4. I still came in the office on time.
5. I'm still currently slacking at my desk.

I'm practicing the recommendations in the video.
Haha I could try too.

1. I'm in pretty good shape at 35
2. I can afford to buy some things for myself from time to time.
3. I'm finally almost out of debt
4. I have a decent job
5. I have a bed to sleep in tonight

Sometimes it's too easy to get caught up in negative thoughts. Mostly things outside of my control that I cant change. But I do have things to be thankful for even if I take them for granted sometimes.

I'm sure it's harder for others to do but I do think there is something to looking more into those positive things and focusing on that, as hard as it may be for some to find.

Obviously everyones circumstances are different.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks really cool, only got a minute into the video but once I finish my work in a couple of hours I'll watch the rest.

Hit the nail on the head with social media's influence in just that first minute. I see people I know personally post things that are straight-up lies or misconceptions to Instagram to look more successful and happy than they are. Likely in response to feeling inadequate when looking upon the lies and exaggerations posted by others, too, which in turn just fuels more of the same.

I feel that dissatisfaction a lot, so defs gonna check out the rest later tonight.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
It checks out. When I'm depressed no little things matter. When I'm a little it right in the head, even the colors of flowers make me happy. Just need to do better with it.

I stopped using social media so much because of this, btw.

Quasaromega

Oct 29, 2017
I really appreciate this! Thank you for sharing this.

1. My family is still alive and well, despite age.
2. There's a lot of nifty games I've got, and I should enjoy the play.
3. The people in my life beside family have kept around and stuck through thick and thin, they're really good people.
4. I am appreciated at my job, even when I mess up.
5. I'm grateful for technology in general, but right this minute, for letting me connect with music so easily.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Great video.

I practiced the technique, but won't post here because it's a little private. Still, it's good to take stock of what you have!

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went back and watched it all, fantastic video and something that I think a lot of people here would benefit from, me included.

Today I'm grateful for:

1. My dog still being here although she's quite sick
2. My parents and grandmother for helping me a lot in life
3. My friends for offering help when they're able
4. Found a new Jazzhop playlist today that I love
5. Had sushi for lunch, was really nice.