• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017

More evidence is coming out due to court precedings. Chris Cooper was awfully forgiving about this and it looks she said worse lies.

Amy Cooper, the white woman who called the police on a Black bird-watcher in Central Park, made a second, previously unreported call to 911 in which she falsely claimed that the man "tried to assault her," a prosecutor said on Wednesday.

Ms. Cooper, who appeared in court remotely to answer misdemeanor charges that she had filed a false report, was negotiating a plea deal with prosecutors that would allow her to avoid jail.

Joan Illuzzi, a senior prosecutor, said that Ms. Cooper in her two 911 calls in May had used the police in a way that was "both racially offensive and designed to intimate" and her actions were "something that can't be ignored."

Still, Ms. Illuzzi told the court that the Manhattan district attorney's office was exploring a resolution to the case that would require Ms. Cooper to publicly take responsibility for her actions in court and attend a program to educate her on how harmful they were.

Huskman

Jan 21, 2019
Honestly, I know the victim here stated he didn't want this woman to face consequences for what she did, but she's an atrocious person. She knowingly utilized her white privilege and a racist police force to try to have this guy get assaulted, arrested, and/or killed by the police all because she didn't want to follow the rules. She's absolute fucking scum to me and should be shunned.
Edit: Send her ass to prison. That and her attempted weaponization of the police force only demonstrates how broken our police system is. It's common knowledge that the police are a racist system and use excessive force.

FlashbladeERA

Oct 27, 2017
Still, Ms. Illuzzi told the court that the Manhattan district attorney's office was exploring a resolution to the case that would require Ms. Cooper to publicly take responsibility for her actions in court and attend a program to educate her on how harmful they were.

SHE ALREADY KNOWS!!

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Year in jail. She'll have plenty of downtime there to take some sensitivity training

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Jail. She tried to get that dude killed.
The issue here is that the judiciary can hardly openly acknowledge that the police force is basically an uncontrolled death squad as far as black people are concerned. The court needs to pretend the police is actually civil and protecting law & order (in the "not-killing-black-people-like-flies" sense).

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Send her ass to jail. All this forgiveness bullshit has lead to motherfuckers being as violently racist, but throwing a " It's not what's in my heart :( " bullshit apology when they actually get arrested for some foul shit. If we keep on treating adults who commit hate crimes as misguided teens, what's the use

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ms. Cooper, who appeared in court remotely to answer misdemeanor charges that she had filed a false report, was negotiating a plea deal with prosecutors that would allow her to avoid jail.

âš–

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Real talk, not a fan of how era's first reaction is to imprison people. Kinda weird, y'all.

Second of all, take that lady's phone away. Give her one of those Ladybugs so someone can keep an eye on her.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017

âš–
Yup. She will serve zero jail time. Her life will be back to normal.

Jun 10, 2018
Makes all the users who were falling on he sword just to defend the sanctity of white women in the Bill Burr thread look all the more ridiculous.

Y'all gon recognize one day how culpable white women have been as a group of propagating bigotry.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
We will pretend that she is in need of re-education about a behavior she fully knows is harmful (hence why she did it) and seek to effectively not punish her, but the real issue here is that Bill Burr said white women are complicit in racism.

Y'all ain't shit.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck. The mask in the pic reminded me that this happened this year it feels like it was an eternity ago.

Jceaz

Oct 30, 2017
Hot take here but let's reform the police so having them called is not a death sentence before jailing more people.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Real talk, not a fan of how era's first reaction is to imprison people. Kinda weird, y'all.

Second of all, take that lady's phone away. Give her one of those Ladybugs so someone can keep an eye on her.

when they report a crime that didn't happen? That's wasting police time, and could lead to an innocent person being jailed or killed. She should absolutely be jailed

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
It should be, but it won't because that would be akin to admitting the police is a murder squad that can be called to execute certain sects of the population in America on a whim.
Not necessarily. You have suicide by cop as a thing. I think attempted murder by police could work, in the same way that swatting could be classified as that.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
What kind of "plea deal" could she bargain for? Its what I got caught on reading that. All I can think of is when criminals sell out other criminals for a reduced sentence, am I misunderstanding something here?

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Racist shit bag is jealous that the beautiful gay black man is infinitely more talented than her.

I wish they would put her behind bars. I know the victim himself has been immensely forgiving. Guy does not have a mean bone in his body.

Oct 27, 2017

More evidence is coming out due to court precedings. Chris Cooper was awfully forgiving about this and it looks she said worse lies.

Makes all the users who were falling on he sword just to defend the sanctity of white women in the Bill Burr thread look all the more ridiculous.

Y'all gon recognize one day how culpable white women have been as a group of propagating bigotry.
This. They've had a huge part in it. Daughters of the Confederacy have propagated the American brand of racist ideology and the invented revisionist mythology around the Confederacy to an extent which is absurd:

https://www.salon.com/2018/10/06/7-...ight-not-want-you-to-know-about-them_partner/

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
True. I just don't think jail fixes anything. And in this instance is probably excessive.
Yes it does.

Jailing white people for racism sets a precedent that racism is intolerable in society.

I don't care about Amy Cooper's redemption arc. Fuck her.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
True. I just don't think jail fixes anything. And in this instance is probably excessive.

If the entire justice system were overhauled so it no longer jailed minorities at a disproportionate rate and with more severe sentences than white people, maybe there'd be more to discuss about that.

But for now, when a white woman tries to weaponize TWO 911 calls in order to get a black man gunned down by the police, I'm going to say she's a clear and present danger to society and should be kept away from it. The next black person she decides to do it to may not be so lucky.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
If the entire justice system were overhauled so it no longer jailed minorities at a disproportionate rate and with more severe sentences than white people, maybe there'd be more to discuss about that.

But for now, when a white woman tries to weaponize TWO 911 calls in order to get a black man gunned down by the police, I'm going to say she's a clear and present danger to society and should be kept away from it. The next black person she decides to do it to may not be so lucky.

Yeah, fuck her. Make an example.

Nepenthe

Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Putting people in jail has basically no effect on preventing crime.
I said it sends the message that racism is intolerable, not that it reduces crime. Again, I'm not interested in redeeming individual racists. I'm interested in seeing racists punished, and for minorities to have actual legal recourse so we can stop with that dastardly cancel culture that ultimately does nothing. This doesn't mean we can't simultaneously improve society to actually reduce criminal behavior. I'm all for it that. Free healthcare, redistribute the wealth, and abolish the police and all that.

But in the meantime, white racists can sit in a box. Fuck em, and honestly fuck anyone always telling us why we need to coddle them.