• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Schlorgan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Salt Lake City, Utah

tenor.gif

The best Disney princess returns!

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Looking forward to this, even if the title and story have been obvious for a decade now.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Finally they're working on this!

The first one was fun and Amy Adams was just adorable in it, so excited to see her return!

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Took them long enough. I was beginning to accept that it was never going to happen.

slider

Nov 10, 2020
My wife loved Enchanted although I don't really know much about it. But will dig it out and this is clearly great news.

FarronFox

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Wow, good to know it is finally happening. There had been rumours and such of a sequel for years but it seemed like stuff just wasn't happening.

Not sure what to think about it being just for Disney + though. Thought it was going to be a film for the cinemas.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Things are moving:
deadline.com

Maya Rudolph, Yvette Nicole Brown & Jayma Mays Joining Disney+’s ‘Enchanted’ Sequel ‘Disenchanted’

Maya Rudolph, Yvette Nicole Brown and Jayma Mays are boarding 'Disenchanted,' the Disney+ 'Enchanted' sequel starring Amy Adams and Idina Menzel.

The 2007 live-action movie was a satire on Disney animated princess musicals, a fish-out-of-water tale about a cartoon princess who is submerged in modern-day New York City. I hear Rudolph will play a villain in the sequel with Brown and Mays also potentially portraying evil as well.

Adam Shankman is directing for a production start later this spring.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I should watch Enchanted again. I only watched it once back in the day but I loved it.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Apparently it's set just a few years after the first movie. Not sure how they're going to hand-wave away 15 years of aging.

www.cinemablend.com

Apparently Amy Adams’ Enchanted 2 Will Include Some Classic Disney Characters

These characters have been part of the Disney landscape for a long time.

The premise honestly sounds a bit disappointingly generic.

Disenchanted's premise reportedly sees Giselle, Robert and Morgan moving to a house in the suburbs, which is being overseen by Malvina Monroe, the movie's main antagonist. When problems start popping up at their new home, Giselle wishes to transform her family's life into a perfect fairytale. Unfortunately for her, the spell backfires in bad way, forcing Giselle to race to save Robert and Morgan, as well as Andalasia, before the clock strikes midnight.

I would have gone with a story where either Giselle or Morgan (now grown up) stop believing in fairy tales. But I'm no writer.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2018

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
The premise honestly sounds a bit disappointingly generic.

There could easily be satirical undertones that a dry summary wouldn't convey. Amy Adams also seems to have discerning taste in the roles she chooses, and i doubt that she's still contractually obligated to do this after 14 years. I have faith that it'll be good

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know the first movie wasn't on D+. Because currently licensed on another streaming service?

I have seen Enchanted, and really enjoyed it, but it's been awhile and would like to watch it again before watching Disenchanted.