• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
So I have a spare set of the 4 zelda champions coming tomorrow (ordered 2 just in case). Anyone want it for cost+shipping? Let me know, should get them tomorrow.

tobytobes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, since we're a new OT:

Does anyone have extra/want to sell any of these guys? They're the last 5 I need.

Smash Wave 1
Mario, Marth

Smash Wave 3
Rosalina, Shiek, Ike

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
Am I the only one very disappointed by the Urbosa amiibo ? I can't stand this clown make up.........
My Mipha has also a stain I can't remove. Some areas are so badly painted too. I was satisfied with amiibos until now...

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Just got the Champions 4 pack, usually I open my Amiibo, but this pack might be too nice looking to open

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Got the 4 pack here too. Daruk and Revali are spectacular, and I like Mipha and Urbosa though I can see why the painting of them could vary, mine seem good quality. The weapons are all great too.

I am also debating opening them, the box is so good!

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I also love the box and opened it carefully with a knife. I'm also glad my Mipha and Urbosa do look really good!!
img_8075u4rw9.jpg

img_6530msq6z.jpg

img_5004xfq9a.jpg

Last edited:

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Mine are in the mail.
Still hoping Skyward Sword Link gets a reprint. Only one I'm missing.

SleepehSheep

Oct 26, 2017
Im gonna have an extra set of the Champions. Ordered them from amazon a while back but I saw them in bestbuy today >.>

Gonna to do something with the extra set Im getting

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Did not even realize the Champions released today. Will go pick up my pre-order at BB after work.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized, now that the champions are out, there are no more announced amiibo from Nintendo. I think this is the first time this has happened? Pretty interesting, although to be fair, Nintendo has been pretty quiet about their 2018 overall.

Koren

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized, now that the champions are out, there are no more announced amiibo from Nintendo. I think this is the first time this has happened? Pretty interesting, although to be fair, Nintendo has been pretty quiet about their 2018 overall.
I'd welcome a slowdown...

Isn't there the Dhovel knight tripack in the pipeline though?

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For Daisy fans who want more use out of her amiibo

I made something for Mario Maker Wii U and Yoshi's Woolly World Wii U in order to support some more amiibo, including Daisy.

n66aAyJ.png

(I ported this straight from the 3DS version and improved the textures to match the other woolly Yoshis)

VjJV9zM.png

(This was possible since version 1.40 of the game and has the neat side effect of making all costumes available without the need of a Nintendo Network Account or the existence of servers)

Read more about it on GBA Temp: https://gbatemp.net/threads/super-m...nternet-connection.467960/page-3#post-7681085

https://gbatemp.net/threads/yoshis-...-isabelle-amiibo-cards-figure-support.476259/

I'm going to attempt Mario Tennis Ultra Smash next so that she can finally make use of the read/write functionality, but that's a bit more complicated.

(NOTE: I will not provide the amiibo ID's for legal reasons)

zasx

Oct 27, 2017
Got my 4 pack Champion and SMO amiibos!

Officially missing 1 amiibo (Gold Megaman)

Danthrax

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Yes, but the Shovel Knight line is 3rd party. As in, the amiibo branding and protocol is licensed by, and the figures produced and distributed by Yacht Club, not Nintendo. Nintendo themselves have no announced figures in the pipeline.

The age of Amiibos is ended.

Diggeh Danthrax Zonic

Anyone here know of anyone currently doing amiibo commissions? I have a custom one in mind I'd like to have made for a present!
Thanks all.

Not off the top of my head, no.

Koppai

Oct 25, 2017
Anywhere to get the Monster Hunter Stories amiibo cheap? I have the game and have not even played it :/

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn missed the preorders in the Netherlands, ohwell they probably will be bqck i stock in a couple of months or when the dlc is out.

Will snatch em next time. The other Zelda amiibo got back in stock after a couple of months hopefully the champion set meets the same fate. It's one of the last amiibo sets i really want i already own like 60 amiibo so i only buy new characters i like don't want to have 20+ Link's or Mario's xD

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
QvK0dmv.jpg

I think the Goron is the best one in terms of paint application. Urbosa's mouth paint doesn't really work for me.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mipha's amiibo looks great! I remember the first image of her looking very derpy but Nintendo updated the shot to look better a few months ago and it shows!

pete_clarf

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I ordered them way back in June, Best Buy didn't ship my Champion amiibo to the store and didn't tell me until that day. Luckily a local shop had them and I was able to get them there. Seems like that has been happening a little more frequently with Best Buy though, before, I could just switch the item to ship to my house instead of the store. I didn't have that option this time. I hope it's not a trend!

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yay! So happy to nab Skyward Sword without shelling out $50. Twilight Princess Link is the final one I need to complete my collection, I assume we'll see that reprint within two weeks or so with how things have been going.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I wish amiibos unlocked extra Switch profile avatars. Sick of everyone using the same ones.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Three out of four of my champions arrived today, and I don't know if I can take Revali out of the box. He just looks so majestic in there. I think I'll keep him in there for now, and hopefully be able to pick up an extra one to take out later on. I don't really need the cold resistance, or another Great Eagle Bow - so the functionality isn't of importance here.

Also, I totally love these amiibos. They look so awesome!!

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
worst part is I actually heard my phone ding from the NowInSTock alert but was trying to sleep.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
Just opened up all of my champ amiibos, as well as a bowser from skylanders superchargers... my shelf is out of room.

don't even know why i bought the champs. I don't even like breath of the wild @_@

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So what happened to the final Smash wave? I've managed to snag the two Bayonetta amiibo, but unfortunately I haven't found Cloud and Corrin yet. I can easily find Mario Odyssey and the Champions, but never seen the final Smash wave in stores and failed to order these four.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell Nintendo. Get your shit together.

Amazon probably received just as many reprints as Best Buy and Target did for Majora and 8-Bit respectively, but those were only available in stores, so I'm sure these just got eaten up by scalpers. I really hope that going forward this exclusivity bullshit stops.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Man these champion amiibos look so different than the ones that were in the display case at E3.