• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PtM

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
So, does the Smash Pikachu work just like the big one for the detective game?

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
It was a fun ride. However it is now another communities turn to be in the spotlight.
Keep up the good work and pray for me that the Dark Souls Amiibo gets a restock.

Koren

Oct 25, 2017
It was a fun ride. However it is now another communities turn to be in the spotlight.
Keep up the good work and pray for me that the Dark Souls Amiibo gets a restock.
EU? If so, Babdai restock it from time to time and it keeps popping on Amazon de/it for some short time... Try an alert...

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't follow the amiibo scene super closely, just enough to see new announcements, and I'm pretty surprised by the lack of announced amiibo so far this year. Has there been any rumors about what's going on?

Like, why not Dixie, Funky, and Cranky Kongs for the TF port? Or maybe a Captain Toad and Toadette two pack for that port? I can't help but feel Amiibo is winding down.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
Jeez...im not into the amiibo scene at all, so i haven't been keeping up with it. But i was interested in a couple so i decided to take a look around this morning. The prices of these are insane now. I was really hoping to pick up a female Corrin, and most places want like $200 Canadian.

I guess you gotta be really on top of these when they come out and don't hesitate. :(

Deleted member 4541

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Asking here as well.. apologies for it being slightly off topic.

Does anyone have any info on the Totaku Bloodborne figure that's supposed to be releasing this month?

I didn't know about it & missed the preorder window, so now I'm desperately trying to back track & find out when they're releasing so I can (hopefully!) snag one in stores.

Nov 1, 2017
WHY did I wait so long on the Bayonetta amiibo? I knew I wanted them and now I can't find them for a reasonable price anywhere.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, it's such a bummer how boring Amiibo have become. Hopefully there's a lot of announcements for the latter half of the year at E3.

JosephL64

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I just keep them on the shelf to look at like regular figures. Some of these characters would never get figures otherwise.

It'd be neat if there was more of a purpose to them, like their own game series, but until that happens...that's what they are to me, just lower end figures.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Saw a Detective Pikachu amiibo at Target behind a glass case. DAMN that thing is huge. But $30 still feels a bit expensive.

honestrade

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Went to my local Toys R Us and they had a bunch of Paulenta amiibos on clearance at $2.95 plus an additional 10% off. Bought a couple of them.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club

Wow, the amiibo too...no biggie, I can wait.

f87.gif

silverhick

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up the Super Mario Series Wave 2 on the aftermarket since I passed on picking them up originally. Ended up paying $20+ for most of them. The Lesson here? As Diggeh says always buy them all. Ask questions later.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Unless their Animal Crossing Amiibo, wait until they drop to $2 to buy them.

Yeah, while I love AC I wish I waited. I remember going out of my way to grab Lottie, because she was a Target exclusive. They must have shifted all the production factories over to her or something, she's everywhere, there's going to be a landfill full of her next to the old ET Cartridge landfill soon.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. Gamestop better start giving me interest on that $15 dollars I gave them to preorder!

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Man, hearing that Target and Best buy took down their Amiibo sections is a bummer. I'm getting a bit nervous that this is the last year for the line. I guess we'll know more come E3.

Human

Oct 25, 2017
Guardian Amiibo is probably impossible to get for a decent price now I'm guessing?

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Man, amiibo is pretty dead right now. I hope it's just temporary and they plan on pushing it again later in the year.

It might end up being brilliant if they're purposefully giving it a break before a big relaunch alongside Smash.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Man, amiibo is pretty dead right now. I hope it's just temporary and they plan on pushing it again later in the year.

It might end up being brilliant if they're purposefully giving it a break before a big relaunch alongside Smash.

At the very least I imagine we'll see new Amiibos for all the new Smash characters.
I can't see them doing new Amiibo's for all Smash characters (maybe reprints of the existing Amiibo though).

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
At the very least I imagine we'll see new Amiibos for all the new Smash characters.
I can't see them doing new Amiibo's for all Smash characters (maybe reprints of the existing Amiibo though).

If it's a remix of Smash 4, I agree. If it's a new game, honestly, I think they will do each character again.

Really, I don't see any reason why Nintendo would stop producing amiibo for quite a while. It's easy money as long as they don't oversaturate the market like they did with Animal Crossing. Do specific amiibo for new games like they've done for Metroid, Fire Emblem, Yoshi, etc.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
They gotta announce more at E3, right?

I would actually totally buy amiibo that were just the systems themselves. A NES, SNES, N64, etc. amiibo.............Virtual Boy amiibo, guys.

I had to remember what games after Odyssey even had Amiibo support. Hell, I don't think Switch games even have the amiibo logo on the front anymore. I just remembered Kirby Star Allies had it, but it really didn't unlock anything. Mario Tennis Aces doesn't seem to have it, which would've made sense considering most of the cast has an amiibo.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
They gotta announce more at E3, right?

I would actually totally buy amiibo that were just the systems themselves. A NES, SNES, N64, etc. amiibo.............Virtual Boy amiibo, guys.

I had to remember what games after Odyssey even had Amiibo support. Hell, I don't think Switch games even have the amiibo logo on the front anymore. I just remembered Kirby Star Allies had it, but it really didn't unlock anything. Mario Tennis Aces doesn't seem to have it, which would've made sense considering most of the cast has an amiibo.

Like Mii's, Nintendo could very well be moving away from the Amiibo brand. Time will tell how definitive that is though. However relaunching with Smash and fueling the fire with Splatoon, and maybe even Pokemon, wouldn't surprise me either. We'll see what this new guy has planned.