• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
So according to the Super Nintendo World Direct, they said the wristbands you can get at the park work as amiibo as well.

Granted, it's mainly of characters people probably have like Mario, but watch as amiibo collectors see this as "oh god I have to get theme park exclusive amiibo!"

There's like five different ones, too (I have no idea if you can pick which one you get).

I'll admit it's awesome that they translated that little featurette for something that the vast majority of us will never experience. Now how do we lobby Universal Studios here to pick it up?

Deleted member 1402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bye to everyone from the Discord, thanks for the memories, I'll remember them always. I'd love to stay in touch if anyone would like, my Discord tag is Blue Namagem#8467. I've submitted an account deletion request for this website, but I'm always on Discord.

Anyways, thanks again everybody, stay safe and good luck with all the future collecting!

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bye to everyone from the Discord, thanks for the memories, I'll remember them always. I'd love to stay in touch if anyone would like, my Discord tag is Blue Namagem#8467. I've submitted an account deletion request for this website, but I'm always on Discord.

Anyways, thanks again everybody, stay safe and good luck with all the future collecting!

Always sad to hear of someone leaving Era, but I'm sure you have your reasons

Happy collecting!

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Two new amiibo figures will be launching alongside the game and available for purchase separately at select retailers. Both the new Cat Mario and Cat Peach amiibo will offer in-game enhancements for Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. Bowser and Bowser Jr. also have large roles to play in Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury, and their amiibo figures, which will also be returning for purchase at select retailers, have special activations in Bowser's Fury, too.
Source

So neat, if anyone is missing Smash Bowser/Bowser Jr they're coming back out.
Im kind of surprised they didn't do reprints of the Mario Series Bowser/figures. And we never got a "normal" Mario Series Jr either.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Is this the first time in like 5 years Bowser Jr has come back? Back when TRU actually existed, on top of it :x

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
If you're in the UK, Nintendo UK Official Store has Banjo/Kazooie, Terry and Byleth up.

Amazon has them up too, but were looking for £20 rather than £12.99 each.

Also, I'm missing 2 from the Smash Bros series, Diddy Kong and Little Mac - and kinda hoping to find them soon. I've in the past imported a couple from Japan, but the seller I used isn't listing anything on ebay anymore and I'm not sure where else is best. Anyone got any tips on somewhere either UK based or that'll ship to UK?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo confirmed amiibo functionality for 3D World. Cat Mario will make you turn into White Cat Mario, which makes you invincible. Cat Peach will make power ups appear randomly.

Bowser will make Fury Bowser appear while Bowser Jr. will unleash a shockwave to knockout surrounding enemies & blocks.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I know Bowser Jr already returned to Target a year or so ago, but more availability is always nice. Not sure Smash Bowser has been around for a while.

Did Amazon US already do preorders for the next wave of Smash amiibos? I see them on the site now but they've shown up prior to preorders in the past. I need to grab Terry, got the other two at BB already (somehow Terry was the rarest and Banjo the easiest, which is the opposite of what I expected).

OP
OP

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017

[external screaming]

giphy.gif

-Peabody-

Oct 29, 2017
What are the chances of Banjo, Terry, and Byleth coming back in stock by release? Can't believe Amiibos are hard to find again. 😭

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances of Banjo, Terry, and Byleth coming back in stock by release? Can't believe Amiibos are hard to find again. 😭
possibly? i haven't had many issues finding them in stores day/week of release recently. i of course try to preorder the ones i def want, but ive gotten a handful of the recent releases no issue. i dont think people are as crazed about them anymore

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
possibly? i haven't had many issues finding them in stores day/week of release recently. i of course try to preorder the ones i def want, but ive gotten a handful of the recent releases no issue. i dont think people are as crazed about them anymore

That plus I don't think they are printing nearly as many as they did. The demand isn't as there (except for the few of us still buying our sets/fans buying favorite certain characters) and they don't seem to print enough outside of pre-orders, so it seems. Reprints are still being done for new games, but even then in small quantities and seem to go fast-ish, for those that missed out the first time.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Literally all Gamestop needed to do to get my money was let me order all the Monster Hunter amiibos at once and get free shipping as it clears their baseline for that. But now, it's on a "if I can order them that way when they're all out, I'll get them. Otherwise, I actually have a ton of fancy Monster Hunter merch as is."

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Literally all Gamestop needed to do to get my money was let me order all the Monster Hunter amiibos at once and get free shipping as it clears their baseline for that. But now, it's on a "if I can order them that way when they're all out, I'll get them. Otherwise, I actually have a ton of fancy Monster Hunter merch as is."
I'm more against giving Gamestop money, period. They ticked me off for the last time over a year ago and that was it.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Diggeh not updating the chart with they new Monster Hunter Stories Amiibo eh?

209370.gif

Look, I just wanted an opportunity to post another rider gif. Take as much time as you need.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
lmao, GameStop's fucking contact form doesn't even work. I've been trying to update my billing information for my order for the last set of Monster Hunter amiibo for a week and the broken-ass website won't let me on any platform or browser, and now I try their support email form and again, it literally doesn't even work.

When the fuck will this shit-ass company finally fold.

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
lmao, GameStop's fucking contact form doesn't even work. I've been trying to update my billing information for my order for the last set of Monster Hunter amiibo for a week and the broken-ass website won't let me on any platform or browser, and now I try their support email form and again, it literally doesn't even work.

When the fuck will this shit-ass company finally fold.

As long as the diamond hands exist, probably never.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else pre-order the set on BBuy and only see it as "Pre-Ordered" instead of something like "Get it by Release Date: Fri, March 26"? Never seen it not have a date or something on the actual order listing.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else pre-order the set on BBuy and only see it as "Pre-Ordered" instead of something like "Get it by Release Date: Fri, March 26"? Never seen it not have a date or something on the actual order listing.

No, and they sent me an email on Friday confirming the Amiibo will be released in the next few days. Not sure why it says that for you.

There is no retail embargo on them here so they ship them out as soon as they have them :).

I'm so jealous of you.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
No, and they sent me an email on Friday confirming the Amiibo will be released in the next few days. Not sure why it says that for you.

Yeah it's weird, never seen any of my other orders look like that. Then again, my account is a buggy mess when it comes to order listings (long story short, CS rep created a new account somehow, had to merge them, and sometimes orders disappear and re-appear randomly when searching...) I checked my email and did get a single email that shows that all 3 Amiibo + the MonHun LE will be released on Fri.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Byleth is showing as preparing for pickup on Friday while Banjo is showing as "We'll let you know when it's ready" for me.