• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Just in case anyone has some of they new AC amiibo cards to swap:

www.resetera.com

Amiibo Cards Trading/Help Thread | Gotta Trade Em All

Back in the old place, we had a thread specifically for trading amiibo cards and after last week's Animal Crossing Direct, we found out that the cards would be working once again in Animal Crossing New Horizons. The point of this thread is for those looking to trade or otherwise swap their...

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Just in case anyone has some of they new AC amiibo cards to swap:

www.resetera.com

Amiibo Cards Trading/Help Thread | Gotta Trade Em All

Back in the old place, we had a thread specifically for trading amiibo cards and after last week's Animal Crossing Direct, we found out that the cards would be working once again in Animal Crossing New Horizons. The point of this thread is for those looking to trade or otherwise swap their...

I'll keep that in mind, my new packs come in today.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
So...has anyone heard any word on if the cards will be restocked again? I don't think any stores got any of the packs in even. Surely they're not just going to do one tiny little limited release...right?

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't heard anything about cards, but it was a little wild to see my local game shop with a shelf full of BotW Champion amiibos the other day

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I must have missed it! Were there two costumes for Sephy in the trailer?
I would imagine they'll do it like Cloud & give him an Advent Children costume, unless it wasn't all that different. Though I have to admit I didn't see the costume change in the trailer compared to when they showed off Cloud's AC outfit.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would imagine they'll do it like Cloud & give him an Advent Children costume, unless it wasn't all that different. Though I have to admit I didn't see the costume change in the trailer compared to when they showed off Cloud's AC outfit.
Oh gotcha gotcha. I think they would have highlighted it in the trailer if that was the case

Regardless, checking the smash site when it updates should give a good indicator if it's happening or not

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
ss_4.jpg

STUPID SEXY SEPHIROTH.

...okay, maybe just one amiibo.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That looks sooooo good. I was a little concerned with how long the Masamune was going to be if held horizontally

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Byleth

Him, Terry, & Banjo are releasing in Japan on March 26th. Maybe the US release will be close?

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Fall never made sense as a date, especially with the Mario Cats coming in Feb.

Terry's face is a bit eh, but otherwise they look good. Going to have to get all three of these. Will get Min Min and Seph if they happen.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
hmmm do I need one or two sephys.... If I only have one then my clouds can double team him, but if I get two then my clouds can each have their own fight :P

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fall never made sense as a date, especially with the Mario Cats coming in Feb.

Terry's face is a bit eh, but otherwise they look good. Going to have to get all three of these. Will get Min Min and Seph if they happen.

Eh, march still seems a bit stacked on the amiibo front now.
There's also the new monster hunter set of 3(?) amiibos that month. So much for amiibo are dead, haha. 2 Mario ones, 3 monster hunter and 3 smash, only in the first 3 months of the year.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So, I am seeing a bunch of different pictures on different sites for Monster Hunter Rise CE. Is the magnamalo amiibo in the CE the same as the stand alone purchase, or is it a different variant?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So, I am seeing a bunch of different pictures on different sites for Monster Hunter Rise CE. Is the magnamalo amiibo in the CE the same as the stand alone purchase, or is it a different variant?

Have an example? Haven't seen/heard anything official, but I think there was talk at the beginning about a variant.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Pre-ordered Terry from Best Buy. Just got an email saying release date has been changed to 12/31/21. Do we know when these are actually supposed to release?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Pre-ordered Terry from Best Buy. Just got an email saying release date has been changed to 12/31/21. Do we know when these are actually supposed to release?

They should all be Mar 26 for the 3. Looks like just some weird BBuy error (I should know, after combining accounts due to a previous CS error, my account has been technically borked :x)

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Cyber Shadow confirmed to use Shovel Knight amiibo to give you a companion. Feels like it's been a while since we heard of a game that uses them...aside from MH Rise which I forgot supports it until now due to the Stories ones being Japan exclusive.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I finally managed to get the Detolf cabinet from Ikea where it was in stock for curbside pickup. Turns out with the risers it fit EXACTLY the number of amiibo I have. I guess when I get more another riser goes on top of the case? I'm not really sure what to do there. I'll probably have to get another case eventually as I realized I have 17 Dota 2 figures that I want to display somewhere.

2020-12-19-14-57-41.jpg

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
So according to the Super Nintendo World Direct, they said the wristbands you can get at the park work as amiibo as well.

Granted, it's mainly of characters people probably have like Mario, but watch as amiibo collectors see this as "oh god I have to get theme park exclusive amiibo!"