• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like had COVID-19 not hit, we would have probably seen a twitter announcement for at least the Joker Amiibo coming in June as well. Or at least with Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition since they always put new amiibo with new software. They've usually tied new merch close to news/software updates. (Heck, the in-store eShop card for fighter pass 2 came out this week. Probably because of the ARMS news). There's always an internal marketing/product release schedule.

But COVID-19 probably threw a wrench in that plan. So it was probably easier to hold off on that announcement. Versus the already made a month or two ago Nintendo direct.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder which character from ARMS will get the honors? I'd assume Twintelle or Dr. Coyle would be the pick, as both are the more popular fighters from that game.

Ribbon Girl could also be the character, as she's also one of the marketing mascots for the game.

Could be a multiple character situation like Dragon Quest. Which would be interesting depending on how the amiibo for them are handled.

Human

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought two Amiibo for the first time in ages. Now to keep an eye on Snake and Pokemon trainer being reprinted. Also a chance the Guardian gets reprinted with BotW2. Going to want Joker too.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sad we barely get new amiibo these days. Especially since the quality kept getting better and better.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Atlus missed their chance to make Persona 5 Scramble make use of a Joker amiibo.

I do wonder if some of these 3rd party amiibo like Banjo & DQ Hero will even work on games outside of Smash. But then again, I could say the same for Simon & Richter.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
I really wouldn't worry about the Fighters Pass characters not getting Amiibo. I really think at least Joker would have been announced by now had it not been for COVID-19.

Necrokey

Jan 20, 2019
Orlando, Florida
OMG! I finally pulled the trigger on the last 2 Amiibo for my U.S release collection! Snagged new in box copys of Skylanders Superchargers for the Wii U and Wii to get the Dark versions of Bowser and D.K! Now beyond the one off tournament prize amiibo i am only missing a handful Japanese exclusives. Now if only they would drop in price.....

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Any chance of the Corrin (male) amiibo going back in stock/not being price gouged? I left the door open to my office on accident because I'm a fucking idiot and my dog got it and destroyed it.

Edit: Found for $35 on eBay, new and sealed. Should I just pull the trigger on that?

Last edited:

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Just got an alert from Best Buy. Nintendo has rescheduled Amiibo Restocks that were planned for March (or was it April) for June 12th.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Just got an alert from Best Buy. Nintendo has rescheduled Amiibo Restocks that were planned for March (or was it April) for June 12th.
I hope this in tandem with that other patent for more amiibo that went out means they aren't dead.

In regards to my post above, I paid about $30 on eBay for a new male Corrin. Will I end up kicking myself if this restock happens? Probably, but oh well.

oreomunsta

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It has just occurred to me that with Monday's presentation on the next Smash fighter from ARMS, we might actually hear about the next batch of amiibo :]

Hype

empyrean2k

Oct 27, 2017
Anywhere that gives a rough indication of rarity/price for amiibo? I have 11 or so and wondered if anyone of them were somewhat rare / worth eBaying before I gave them to my nephew (all are still in the box and in mint condition, im in uk if that makes any difference?)

green Yoshi wooly from wooly world
starfox
windwaker link
marth
king dedede
wii fit trainer
animal crossing villager
bowser
toad
rosalina
olimar

All are from smash brothers editions except toad which is super Mario and Yoshi is obviously from wooly world.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
YAAAAAAAAY new amiibo announced.

Joker coming this fall & hot daaammmnnnn

Hero is also coming this fall. Just the 11 protag.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Also subtle hints that we might see a new version of Zelda and Ganon for their Ultimate design.

El Pescado

Oct 26, 2017
He said "It's a shame Zelda and Ganondorf are their Wii U/3DS models. Oh well..."

Also Sakurai either hinted that Joker and Hero would be severely limited or that they were the end of the Amiibo line saying "I'm not sure how many more will be produced."

KsG

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Hopefully BestBuy throws them up for preorder today. They're usually pretty quick getting them out there shortly after the announcement.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Also Sakurai either hinted that Joker and Hero would be severely limited or that they were the end of the Amiibo line saying "I'm not sure how many more will be produced."
plz look forward to store exclusive amiibos again?

That, or it could be they can't make that many at the moment due to everything.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Glad there more to come. I wonder they are more limited due to COIVD limiting production and less "we not doing anymore".

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Only if we get alt versions of some characters. Not expecting all the Kooplings, but at least female Robin and hopefully Byleth (whenever they get announced).

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I really think Nintendo should do a line of Smash cards. Put them in packs like the animal crossing ones.
I love the figures but i just don't know how they'd continue to do reprints of them.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017

Packaging for Joker & Hero.

Wonder if they'll do a three-pack for the other DQ characters. Considering the popularity of the franchise, I feel like they may do it.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Maaaan, forgot we got the lamest of the Dragon Quest Hero designs as the default, which is fine except for this. I want amiibos of all the other ones so much more!

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I managed to get Plague Knights tilt fixed, the paint job on them however can't be fixed without repainting. Tried my usual magic eraser technique to remove the scruff but it's pretty bad on specter knights scythe. It looks like random scratches on them and there no way to get rid of that either.

Hopefully you have a better experience than me with yours.

Just noticed the lean on my Plague Knight amiibo as well. What's the fix for this? I fear that if I start flexing too much it's gonna snap off the base.

I've seen the 3-pack hit discounted prices a few times but it seems rather silly to rebuy the whole pack because of one bum amiibo.

Edit: Mine looks like the one in this video, is this not how it's supposed to look?

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
So did they really re-release the AC amiibo cards in Japan but not elsewhere?

Sounds about right, and it sucks :/ They barely even released Series 4 and just kind of went "k we done". They seem to sell pretty well and not sit on shelves too long, so not sure why they just stopped so suddenly.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Sounds about right, and it sucks :/ They barely even released Series 4 and just kind of went "k we done". They seem to sell pretty well and not sit on shelves too long, so not sure why they just stopped so suddenly.

I could understand the relative disinterest in the cards when they came out because Happy Home Academy was terrible (I still bought it), but to not rerelease them when they work with the current, blockbuster game seems really really dumb. You don't even need action figure shelf space, just shelf space for cards.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I could understand the relative disinterest in the cards when they came out because Happy Home Academy was terrible (I still bought it), but to not rerelease them when they work with the current, blockbuster game seems really really dumb. You don't even need action figure shelf space, just shelf space for cards.
Im pretty surprised Nintendo doesn't just sell a lot of this stuff themselves? Surely they have the online store infrastructure to support selling stuff like this, right?
I REALLY hope the cards get a re-release and they sell those great card albums too.
We still need a new "New Horizons" wave featuring new characters/new artwork for existing characters too.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Im pretty surprised Nintendo doesn't just sell a lot of this stuff themselves? Surely they have the online store infrastructure to support selling stuff like this, right?
I REALLY hope the cards get a re-release and they sell those great card albums too.
We still need a new "New Horizons" wave featuring new characters/new artwork for existing characters too.

Considering they have an online store for merchandise, they certainly have the infrastructure for it.
However, I imagine the reason they're not distributing it themselves is just the sheer amount of merchandise (and associated logistics) they'd need to satisfy it. Plus, I don't think the Nintendo store is available to all countries they want to distribute amiibo to. For instance, Sweden to my knowledge does not have a NoE site/store.

It makes a lot more sense to just let both online distributors and retailers take the product off their hands and sell it in their respective countries instead of having to deal with all the warehousing, shipping, taxes etc. themselves.

DooD1234

Oct 26, 2017
That Joker amiibo with the blue fire made me wish characters with stands like Smash Wii U Link and Captain Falcon had something cool going on rather than just simply be sticks sticking out.

Depending on you guys to give me that preorder link. I am committed to finishing the Smash amiibo line.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017

Maybe preorders will go up soon since theres a date now.

hopefully. I need like 5 joker amiibos
one to use
one for back up
one to display
one to lock in a protective case for collection
and one to put in my lock box so that it will be passed down to future generations.

also could use a single hero one :P

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Diggeh hasn't updated the OP yet. How dare you have other more important things to do.

DishonestClosedBlacknorwegianelkhound-size_restricted.gif

I just wanted an excuse to use a rider gif