• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
"I get to tell my wife and son about the goings-on of the studio while they drag my physically exhausted and emaciated body to my bed. After a crisp 45 minutes of rest I have an alarm so I can do some conference calls to keep development running, and then a bit more sleep, and every couple of days I get woken up by a call from Jason Schreier asking for quotes for his next crunch article. It's a nice change of pace from napping on the studio couch and getting woken up by an email from Jason Schreier asking for quotes for his next crunch article."
giphy.gif

Now that's good satire! It's depressing and hilarious.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
First time I read the thread title:

Amidst Pandemic, Naughty Dog Allows Employees to Sleep at Work

Was all like, what the fuck, seriously?! :D

Amnixia

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
After a crisp 45 minutes of rest I have an alarm so I can do some conference calls to keep development running, and then a bit more sleep, and every couple of days I get woken up by a call from Jason Schreier asking for quotes for his next crunch article.

That part got a chuckle out of me.

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
To be serious, anyone know if ND employees are all working at home now or is ND still making them come in to the office?

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Mentioning The Hard Times only at the end of the thread title was masterful, OP. Masterful.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
Is it bad i couldnt tell if this was real or satire?

it's really bad and i am calling you out.

idk how you can read this:

"It's cool that I get to see my family again," said one Naughty Dog employee that wished to remain anonymous. "I get to tell my wife and son about the goings-on of the studio while they drag my physically exhausted and emaciated body to my bed. After a crisp 45 minutes of rest I have an alarm so I can do some conference calls to keep development running, and then a bit more sleep, and every couple of days I get woken up by a call from Jason Schreier asking for quotes for his next crunch article. It's a nice change of pace from napping on the studio couch and getting woken up by an email from Jason Schreier asking for quotes for his next crunch article."

and not think it's satire.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
it's really bad and i am calling you out.

idk how you can read this:

and not think it's satire.

Im guessing they mean from the title alone. *mods added satire to the title later
As they are talking in past tense its reasonable to believe when they actually read the piece they realized it was satire.

Still a sad state of affairs that from title alone it actually seems plausible.