• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
It cracks me up that this basically means that Tommy didn't wish hard enough. When you boil all success down to one person rewriting the rules of reality through sheer tyranny of will, then failure can only be because their will wasn't strong enough.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
It cracks me up that this basically means that Tommy didn't wish hard enough. When you boil all success down to one person rewriting the rules of reality through sheer tyranny of will, then failure can only be because their will wasn't strong enough.
Oh, I don't know. Millions of dollars have evaporated into the ether and they still haven't managed to fart out their underpowered Android box (the sort of thing Chinese companies produce by the fucking hundreds every year), and he gets to play the victim in the aftermath when he eventually blames it all on haters. I think he got exactly what he wished for...a chance to bilk people of money.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Amico has been noted as one of Republic's "biggest debacles" in an article (about yet another crypto scam that's currently plummeting on the investor service):

One of the biggest debacles prior to Parastate, was Intellivision. Intellivision raised $11.5m from Republic investors and several more millions in pre-orders only for the company to constantly delay production, lose millions in a botched manufacturing deal, and is currently sitting on the brink of bankruptcy.

And that, really, is going to be the Amico's ultimate fate: to be talked about as an occasional aside to spice up gossip whenever there happens to be another investor campaign that went extremely badly.

(Fortunately, Tommy knows The Secret™, so at least he'll probably be able to delude himself into thinking that this little scheme of his went off without a hitch.)

teletrong1

Jul 7, 2021
I think Tommy's going to blame the Haterz because Nick , John and him like the blame shadowy cabals like "the Left" instead of looking in the mirror at failing to even run a scam competently. I hope they don't get to use the "See? We're not crooks? We can't be because look at how incompetent we are!" excuse.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
God of War (which I hated for its gratuitous excess before the more subtle Dad of War reboot) and Twisted Metal creator Doug Jaffe (he hasn't worked on anything since 2017 I believe, isn't he one of those trolling firebrands?) sticks up for his longtime friend Tommy Tallarico.
It is so incredibly telling how Tommy was constantly claiming/assuring/bragging/etc. that he's supposedly got a ton of friends everywhere in the industry. And yet, in his direst hour of need, when the Amico and Intellivision and the few people still left on the payroll are all dangling over the abyss by a fraying thread, the only even slightly notable industry figure who's ever come to their "aid" (and even then, not really; he just stops short of calling it an outright scam) is David fucking Jaffe.

Seems like right about now would be a hell of a time for all of these "friends" to come help Tommy out of the situation he put himself in. So where are they?

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017

That made me remember a funny story from years ago.

A coworker had brought in a plastic tub of games he wanted to get rid of because he was moving or something. I was looking through it, and mixed in was a DVD of "The Secret". I pulled it out and was like "why in the hell do you have this?" And he told me Tommy Tallarico gave it to him when he was working with him on some game years before. We had a good laugh about it.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It is so incredibly telling how Tommy was constantly claiming/assuring/bragging/etc. that he's supposedly got a ton of friends everywhere in the industry. And yet, in his direst hour of need, when the Amico and Intellivision and the few people still left on the payroll are all dangling over the abyss by a fraying thread, the only even slightly notable industry figure who's ever come to their "aid" (and even then, not really; he just stops short of calling it an outright scam) is David fucking Jaffe.

Seems like right about now would be a hell of a time for all of these "friends" to come help Tommy out of the situation he put himself in. So where are they?
Literally that's what happens in the Jaffe video. The dude says he's a friend, but won't help him make a game for it.

Justin Bailey

BackOnline
Oct 28, 2017

I kind of agree with Jaffe in the video. I don't think it was a scam, it was just a failed product. But I disagree with the sentiment that people are dunking on Tommy just because he failed. He brought it on himself with his antagonistic behavior.

Einhandr

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't think he outright set out to scam people; just a situation similar to Mike Kennedy. Because Mike had the tooling for the Jaguar, he thought he could make a console, everything else would sort of easily fall in place. Tommy thought because he had the rights to Intellivision, he could do the same. Easy, right!?

miraimatt

Oct 27, 2017

View: https://i.imgur.com/QtsoXNm.jpg

It looks like the Amico was just a pirate Switch all along!

I don't see a lot to indicate that's actually what's going on here? The "Atmosphère" project for Switch has a completely different icon than what is pictured here, and Atmosphère for Switch is custom firmware, not Android. (I'm not an expert on this stuff though, and would happily defer to anyone who is.)

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
I don't see a lot to indicate that's actually what's going on here? The "Atmosphère" project for Switch has a completely different icon than what is pictured here, and Atmosphère for Switch is custom firmware, not Android. (I'm not an expert on this stuff though, and would happily defer to anyone who is.)

On Reddit someone wrote that Atmosphere was just a demo of a rhythm game for the Amico.

teletrong1

Jul 7, 2021
Holy smokes! The gloves have finally come off at AtariAge. Kevtris weighs in with the unvarnished truth in the last few pages worth of the thread and everyone is finally exasperated at those that still repeat Tommy's lies like mr_me and 1980sgamer. Kevtris has some really informative and truth-telling posts based on his extensive industry experience that confirm what every one of us detractors has been pointing out for years.

They're epic posts and I hope the thread isn't hidden at some point. The entire thread should be archived as well to hedge against deletion, however people do that. Turd Ferguson FerrisBueller anyone know how this is done?

Last edited:

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
mr_me is something else man. Just a fountain of stubborn refusal to admit that they're clearly running defence for Intellivision. His constant insistence through technicality regarding FCC tests was infuriating to read through, and always defaulted to 'but their engineer said they passed', even when everyone continues to point out that those in the company are often lying through their fucking teeth at any given moment. That there are people in that thread that applaud him for being civil when he's as slippery and evasive as he is, and so obviously shillin' like a villain, well it pisses me off a LOT.
A civil bullshit artist is still painting pictures with shit, at the end of the day.

Oct 27, 2017
mr_me is something else man. Just a fountain of stubborn refusal to admit that they're clearly running defence for Intellivision. His constant insistence through technicality regarding FCC tests was infuriating to read through, and always defaulted to 'but their engineer said they passed', even when everyone continues to point out that those in the company are often lying through their fucking teeth at any given moment. That there are people in that thread that applaud him for being civil when he's as slippery and evasive as he is, and so obviously shillin' like a villain, well it pisses me off a LOT.
A civil bullshit artist is still painting pictures with shit, at the end of the day.

My god, they're still doing it right now. I refresh the page and there's a new variation... They're just hiding behind the technicalities of the wording. Sure, there are still pre-orders, but it's worthless to try and argue that it's any better when 0 units have been shipped in any way.

teletrong1

Jul 7, 2021

It's maddening because he's still doing right now with the additional threat of Albert closing the thread because "already discussed items are being repeated" when he's the one going in circles. Others are discussing the post mortem with new aspects.

His argument basically consists of:

"…well actually, repeats unsourced unsubstantiated claim as if it were faxt or previous lie by Tommy over and over" like the "someone said it passed tests" that he clings to or "they had 100k purchase orders from retailers" when both have been demonstrated to be utter empty lies

"…claims not to be going in circles, not to be arguing in bad faith, being a shithead contrarian for no reason because he doesn't really support the Amico or Tommy or whatever or but accuses those with opposing arguments of all of the above"

"…loops back to first tactic. Rinse and repeat"

He really should be muted, ignored or really, banned from AtariAge. He adds nothing but actively runs interference for a scammer and scam.

Last edited:

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017

That made me remember a funny story from years ago.

A coworker had brought in a plastic tub of games he wanted to get rid of because he was moving or something. I was looking through it, and mixed in was a DVD of "The Secret". I pulled it out and was like "why in the hell do you have this?" And he told me Tommy Tallarico gave it to him when he was working with him on some game years before. We had a good laugh about it.
The Venture Bros had the best review of The Secret.

View: https://youtu.be/KrqK1vmvdSo?t=28

Nfinit

Dec 15, 2017
I don't know if it's been brought up here or not but there's a credible argument that Mr_Me is the same guy as redditshreadit from the "official" Amico reddit, someone who managed to shred his own rep even on a board where negative Amico opinion isn't just frowned upon, it's outright banned.

teletrong1

Jul 7, 2021
Yes, it was confirmed that those two are one and the same. Their writing and argument patterns match as well as some posts made by him confirming it were briefly accessible before they were scrubbed.

I don't know if this makes him less or more pathetic than DJC and Mullis.

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
Yeah it's the same person. On Reddit there was a comment where he posted an link to a site with a list of some Intellivision games and the username on there was mr_me.

teletrong1

Jul 7, 2021
mr_me refutes that he responds in every single page of the thread by responding to the accusation yet again with an empty circular repeat.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Kevtris also notes that some promo Amico material shows people using Amico controllers that have the FCC logo of approval, the CE marking, and also the VDE logo. As far as I know, none of these organizations have yet approved the Amico in any way, shape or form (and the FCC definitely hasn't).

On the off-chance that (what's left of) Intellivision somehow ever dig themselves out of the massive hole they've dug themselves into, they're likely going to be in some serious hot water for certification fraud at the very least. Not to mention false advertising — in addition to the mountain of it that already exists.

teletrong1

Jul 7, 2021
and still couldn't shit out an underspecced android box

I wonder how much they skimmed off the Bavarian grants to line their own pockets?

The millions that went into the "R&D" blackhole probably went to the same place. The best they can come up with is this "underspecced android box?" "R&D" is an awfully vague catch-all that apparently yielded no (working, production-ready) innovations.

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
Some of the hardcore Amico fans (and/or ex-fans) have been saying Tommy has some "personal issues" at the moment, and some are saying/speculating that he's broke. Maybe because of that he demanded loads of money from Roblox. It would also explain the whole Amico desperation tactics.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Do we know how much he asked for that sound effect? I suspect it is a huge amount of money.

In any case, this wildly backfired on social media and now people is digging in Tallarico's history and "discovering" the Amico mess… well done!
Lol, I was wondering if that was going to happen. Internet sleuths wondering what happened to the Oof sound, and a paper trail leading back to Tommy.

Great work, Tommy. Hope it was worth it.