• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Turd Ferguson

Jan 13, 2020
My only complaint about the Evercade is that it doesn't have a Resetera thread as entertaining as this one.
Nobody at Blaze has this level of narcissistic personality disorder. They seem to just want to make games for people to play.

I doubt there'll ever be an official death announcement. The people who were only in it to siphon off money have already moved on to their next grift, and Tommy's in self-imposed exile because his fragile ego won't allow him to admit failure.

The most "official" announcement I can see coming is in a few months when Tommy decides he needs adulation again and starts posting to a forum. We'll probably get a "the haters killed Amico 😀" tirade, and that's it.
I think he'll try to whip up some alt-reality where Amico would have been just what the world needed, if only they had been given a chance. There are still people on the Atari Age forums talking about Atari Jaguar in that way.

What I fear is that people developing games for it signed some kind of contract that prevents them to publish the software on other platforms even if the Amico does not arrive.

That would be bad for them.
Many of the Amico titles were already retreads from other platforms. The Intellivision titles that everyone wanted, such as Night Stalkers and Cloudy Mountain, might not have actually been worked on, let alone finished. I wouldn't weep if I couldn't play Astrosmash 2020.

Here's one of the games that was supposed to be on Amico as "Space Strikers." Their YouTube video shows Amico controllers in the corner.
store.steampowered.com

GRAVIATORS on Steam

GRAVIATORS is a team arena sports game in space! Compete against friends in pinball-like arenas. Use your spacepods special gravity and shield abilities to control and shoot the ball and score points on the enemy goal. Engage in multiple game modes and arenas with exciting gameplay!

Wehrwolf

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, most of what I was interested in were clips from the original teaser video that turned out not to actually being worked on. Stuff like Utopia and Cloudy Mountain (though I'm guessing at the time they may have thought they'd eventually work on them).

Side note to those who really like AD&D/Cloudy Mountain: There was a Famicom only game, Dragon Buster II, that is clearly a gameplay near-clone (spiritual sequel?) to it. The same uncovering of the map as you explore and so on (and very unlike the original Dragon Buster). Down side is it is just missing the fun: audio not near as good, and possibly even completely missing the audio cues of what's nearby.

Last edited:

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
Many of the Amico titles were already retreads from other platforms. The Intellivision titles that everyone wanted, such as Night Stalkers and Cloudy Mountain, might not have actually been worked on, let alone finished. I wouldn't weep if I couldn't play Astrosmash 2020.

Here's one of the games that was supposed to be on Amico as "Space Strikers." Their YouTube video shows Amico controllers in the corner.
store.steampowered.com

GRAVIATORS on Steam

GRAVIATORS is a team arena sports game in space! Compete against friends in pinball-like arenas. Use your spacepods special gravity and shield abilities to control and shoot the ball and score points on the enemy goal. Engage in multiple game modes and arenas with exciting gameplay!

Yep, I noticed the Steam "version" of Space Strikers and imagined that this is a good way to overcome any "clause" in the contracts.

Good for them, at least their work won't go wasted.

In the meanwhile it seems the the chief of logistics at Intellivision left.

Last edited:

Nfinit

Dec 15, 2017
I always felt the natural settling point for the Amico was on shelves of Christian bookstores and sold alongside Bakker Buckets.

Anyway in tangential Amico drama news Tony_TGD finally caught a ban

Turd Ferguson

Jan 13, 2020
Chapter 11 bankruptcy should allow them to pay back their "creditors" (themselves), get out of paying back their paycheck protection loan, the Bavarian money, or deliver anything to their investors/donors. They will very likely get to keep their meager intellectual property (40yo hardware and game trademarks), and probably won't have to answer to the remaining loyal fans who were foolish enough to keep their preorders.

Can I get a "WELL, DUH" for those of us who saw this coming 3 years ago, when it was clear that Tommy "small pants, big ego" Tallarico was talking out of his backside?

Amico IS an investment scam and garbage system, dude!

Supposedly an announcement is coming later today.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Turd Ferguson

Jan 13, 2020
It's not like they have anything better to do. These are the people whose bright ideas were, "hey let's make Missile Command," and pre-sold crackerjack boxes with collectible coins inside.

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
Big news today you say?

200w.gif

Turd Ferguson

Jan 13, 2020

English Amiga Board - View Single Post - Intellivision Amico

English amiga forum since 2001

As of today Intellivision has failed to file either a SOU (statement of use) or requested a 6 month extension to show a statement of use for the following trademarks:
Intellivision Prism
Intellivision Amico

uspto documentation indicates except in rare cases of oversight, this failure to respond becomes a step in the "abandonment" process.

2 other trademarks have their due date for response coming shortly.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
What would it take to actually be able to register it? With Intellivision being part of the name, presumably that company name and IP is still owned by Tommy boy, would anyone else be able to copyright Intellivision Amico, or would it be just the Amico part?

trademarks.justia.com

INTELLIVISION AMICO Trademark Application of Intellivision Entertainment LLC - Serial Number 88162720 :: Justia Trademarks

Video game cartridges and discs; Video game software; Video and computer game programs; Computer game software for personal computers and home video game consoles; Computer game software for use with personal computers, home video game consoles used with televisions and arcade-based video game...

Looking here it says it's still active.

uspto.report

AMICO - Intellivision Entertainment LLC Trademark Registration

Trademark registration for Intellivision Entertainment LLC. The mark consists of the word

This one for the logo states an SOU needs to be filed by the applicant as of December 2021, and that was the last update on there.

Last edited:

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Idk how bankrupcy works in USA…but if they tried that in mt country i think they would end up in jail 😂 all the people that made pre orders would sue them

Turd Ferguson

Jan 13, 2020
The point of bankruptcy is to protect you from your creditors when you don't have any money. Those (former) customers aren't going to get anything, nor will they be able to do much to what's left of Intellivision. There's no money left to return to anyone.

Turd Ferguson

Jan 13, 2020
Probably the same twits who thought "the world needs Amico" and "this will finally be a way for me to play video game with my parents now that I am 50 and they are 80"

Meriadock

Apr 21, 2018
Brazil
The point of bankruptcy is to protect you from your creditors when you don't have any money. Those (former) customers aren't going to get anything, nor will they be able to do much to what's left of Intellivision. There's no money left to return to anyone.

Here in Brazil when it's proved that it was a scam (and in some other cases too) it is possible to break that protection wall and achieve the owner's/administrator's personal money.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Intellivision Amico: Overpromise, Under Never Deliver.

Just the masters of "the cheque is in the mail". If they say anything at all today, it'll be "we'll tell you something at some point in the future, for real this time, trust us."

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
And yet I see people thinking going bankrupt is a good move for the "project"…
Rule #1 of being in a cult: everything cult leadership does is the best move possible no matter what. Bankruptcy? They'll build back up stronger than ever! "Going dark"? They're just prepping for a massive comeback! They missed a deadline yet again? It'll just make it that much better when they eventually don't!

And so on. Of course, the Facebook group admins are still attempting to dress up these and other delusions as mere run-of-the-mill positivity, and bringing the hammer down on anyone who deviates from the script in any way. I seriously wonder how many people are still left there.

teletrong1

Jul 7, 2021
I was hoping WWDC today would have Tim Cook introduce some Amico related news. I mean, surely that's why Phil claimed Friday or Monday and not because he was bullshitting and stalling?

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
Yep, they're dragging it out even longer. Until the end of the year at least...

Greetings,

It has been a while since our last official update, and I thank you for your patience. I hope that this update on the state of Intellivision will answer some of your questions and explain where we are and where we are heading. When I took over as CEO of Intellivision, my goal in leadership required some tough decisions to ensure that we launch a quality product.

We pulled down our investment campaign on StartEngine a few weeks after it launched in February of this year. Without better visibility of our path to profitability we felt this was the right decision in the short term. Any funds committed by StartEngine investors as part of the campaign were returned in full. Of course, this required us to take other financial measures to make up for the foregone new investment.

We have dramatically reined in operating costs, which unfortunately required a significant reduction in staff. Our resources are focused on engineering and testing to ensure we have a quality system, as we cannot succeed by producing anything less.

We are working with game development partners to license classic Intellivision intellectual property (IPs) for publication on other platforms. These licensing deals will help fund continued development of Amico. A broader distribution of Intellivision classic IP will also help raise awareness of Intellivision while not directly competing with Amico because of Amico's unique controllers and family-focused gaming adaptations. Many people in the retro gaming community have embraced us because of our family focus and the fact that all our games (including retro titles) are adapted for group play. While Amico's broad catalog will continue to include retro titles, our mission has been and remains cross-generational, in-home, family entertainment.

We have begun a test production run of Amico that includes every aspect of the product including packaging. This is first and foremost an assessment of our manufacturing approach and overall quality of the delivered product. It is critically important to show to our current/future investors, partners, and customers that we have built a sound platform that delivers on the in-home family experience, which requires our immediate focus on value engineering and hardening of the platform. These units should be completed in the next few weeks.

We are slowly processing refund requests. The public's uncertainty of our status in the last few months have understandably led to an influx of pre-order refund requests. Because of reduced staff and financing requirements for continued operation, our responses to and processing of these requests has been delayed. Rest assured that our intention is to honor all refund requests. We will allocate a portion of all new funding and staff time to winding down the refund queue, while our primary focus is funding and completing a quality product ready for manufacturing. To make sure we see your request, please submit to [email protected].

We will focus our initial mass production on fulfilling pre-orders and supplying our two major distribution partners. The focus will remain on direct orders until our cost structure can support the margins required for retail channels. Obviously, the markets continue to be somewhat volatile with rising inflation, rising energy costs and lingering supply chain issues that affect all manufacturing businesses. This has impacted both our costs and pricing, and it has required us to narrow our initial distribution strategy. Our hope is that we start shipping production units this year. Many challenges lie ahead for the business, and we appreciate our investors, partners and customers for your patience and support.

We will be formally announcing some new IP licensing partnership deals soon, as well as showing off the Amico units currently in production. These units will be shared with partners, investors and a select few in the media. As more production units become available we will broaden the distribution to media outlets that cover our target demographic.

Thank you for your support, and thank you to our internal team and external developers that work tirelessly to create a family gaming experience on Amico that brings people of different ages and skills together in group play.

Phil Adam
CEO

It wouldn't be worth all this BS if it was some fucking monster machine with loads of great games. All this for the Amico...

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, they're dragging it out even longer. Until the end of the year at least...

It wouldn't be worth all this BS if it was some fucking monster machine with loads of great games. All this for the Amico...
4th quarter sounds about right, everyone in holiday daze and will gloss over fuckery

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
And even then it's "hope". The end of the year... 2022, and they can still only "hope" to get units out by then. Over two years after the original release.

This is just comical, I can't believe it, lol.
I wonder if Hans still has that production unit they shipped to him? It might be the only retail unit in existence

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
"It is critically important to show to our current/future investors, partners, and customers that we have built a sound platform"

...yeah, how's that going? Investors aren't touching this thing with a ten-lightyear pole, and virtually every customer with a mind for 'family gaming' and $300 burning a hole in their pockets would infinitely rather spend it on a Switch. (If they didn't already do so 5+ years ago, of course.)

Also, the "We have begun a test production run" bit...how many times have we heard that one before?

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
fg9l8ensna491.jpg

From their Facebook group. They confirmed they've been letting people go and they don't have the employees to process refunds (and let's be real they don't have the money either) but somehow they're going to move forward with test units.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
"Our resources are focused on engineering and testing to ensure we have a quality system, as we cannot succeed by producing anything less."

Lol. These lying fucks have been insisting the system was complete for two years now, and now their "resources are focused on engineering"?

"These units will be shared with partners, investors and a select few in the media."

I really wonder who the "select few in the media" will be. Who's dumb or corrupt enough to do press on this thing without just laughing at how shitty it is the entire time?

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Legit wonder what this company has been doing for the past 4+ years. Like... you actually have to do some work if you want to launch a product. You can't still be engineering and testing the system that was planned to release in 2020. Fucking straight up incompetent.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Was going to say the engineering & test thing could be a result of having to re-engineer parts of the system due to parts being obsoleted, but if they're already in the process of making a full test run I don't see how that could be true unless they're using up what's left out their to original spec, and given their previous reports of actually doing things, they might only be as far along in this as having it mentioned on a list of Things To Do Today.

Imagine if this company had just spent the last 4 years simply licensing their IP and being normal, ticking over and living off nostalgia - suppose that was too simple. Instead we got the 10 commandments of amico game design along with more drama than anyone could have ever imagined possible, and it looks like we're going to have to keep checking back on this thread for at least a few more months... 😓

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
It's like what Pat and Ian have been saying, that Intellivision keeps acting like getting this thing out the door is the finishing line, when it's actually just the starting line.

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
Was going to say the engineering & test thing could be a result of having to re-engineer parts of the system due to parts being obsoleted, but if they're already in the process of making a full test run I don't see how that could be true unless they're using up what's left out their to original spec, and given their previous reports of actually doing things, they might only be as far along in this as having it mentioned on a list of Things To Do Today.

Well, if they are still (or back) in the engineering phase I'd say that even with proper funding we're a long way from any possible kind of mass production.

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
It's like what Pat and Ian have been saying, that Intellivision keeps acting like getting this thing out the door is the finishing line, when it's actually just the starting line.
Yeah, exactly. The way they've set the expectation so low, and then the way the Amico fans has bought it and go along with it is just so stupid.

Did anyone see any of the Next Level Gaming stream they did last night after the email was released? Out of all the Amico streams that have been done, the stuff said in this one might have topped the stupidity and delusion of all of them.