• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I'm going to show my age and say that the first time I was ever made aware of Tommy was when all the gaming magazines kept doing "finally, video game music is getting respect" articles about this stupid album:

NS0zNTY0LmpwZWc.jpeg

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
"Obviously they're re-doing the game into an amazing VR adventure that will blow the old video away, so they need to remove it. I can't wait to hear more about it. Go Intellivision!" - The remaining Amico fans.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
People on the subreddit hypothesize that Interplay having that new EWJ show coming out, they wanted to get the game rights back in case they decide to do anything with it. And since Intellivision hasn't done anything and need money, they probably renegotiated the contract.

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
I decided to make the archived Amico thread it's own website. Archive.org is very cool and useful, but it can be incredibly slow to load at times, and finding/navigating what pages are actually available is a pain. So I figured a site that can be browsed quickly, and allows you to see what pages are available from the beginning would be cool.

Also, Google doesn't index pages from Archive.org, and Google's cached pages of the Amico thread continues to be deleted, so finding specific things is almost impossible. Hopefully once Google starts to crawl this new site, it will start to all be found via Google again, and no longer hidden from public view.
amicoage.neocities.org

AmicoAge - Archive of THE Intellivision Amico thread from Atariage

Now you can easily go and look at the now hidden Amico thread from AtariAge!

KcNFApz.gif

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer

amicoage.neocities.org

AmicoAge - Archive of THE Intellivision Amico thread from Atariage

Now you can easily go and look at the now hidden Amico thread from AtariAge!
Whew. Just a few pages in and Tommy's made more bad promises, dubious brags, dishonest teases, and outright lies than I can keep track of. It's his AMA writ large.

I like how busy he pretends to be. There are several times where he says he only has a few minutes to answer questions before he's got to run off...and then like 7 of the next 10 posts are all his, and over a span of an hour or more. (One would think Tommy would be a better bullshitter after a lifetime of practice.)

Once Google finishes indexing the site, it should be interesting to search for specific companies/IPs/games/etc. Kudos to the archiver!

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, didn't see his response to the Doug TenNapel controversy before:

My statement on the matter was very clear and was covered by many many outlets, websites social media and YouTube videos. So to say that there was a "tone deaf" response and that you have an "Issue" with that isn't really being that fair is it? So because you didn't see the thing that a lot of people were discussing last weekend (literally millions of people on YouTube and websites) that you have an issue and you're "very disturbed by this"? I'm just wondering how hard you bothered to look? I guess I just didn't like the way your phrased your comment. I apologize if I am reading it out of context. This was my statement in case you missed it...

"I totally respect everones right to decide whatever the heck they want. No worries. The reality is if we do the game with Doug, some people may get upset. If we did the game without Doug, other people would be upset. So it's a no win situation no matter what as it's absolutely impossible in this day and age to please everyone. But it's very important to know that although Doug was the creator of the actual character, it was the entire team of 10 of us who created the experience that everyone knows and loves. A complete team effort with no one having more important opinions or visions over anyone else. Making the game with the original team is the only true way to keep it 100% authentic."

Now... that being said... you (and others) are wrong about Doug TenNaple. Some friendly advice... don't believe everything you read on the internet. I've seen Doug's statements (and my own) taken completely out of context. I'm not saying I agree with any of his statements... I'm just saying they've been taken out of context to form a narrative against him. He may have different politics than you, but he is not a bigot and he's not pursuing an anti-gay agenda. All you need to do is go on his own YouTube channel and hear the open discussions he has with people in the LGBTQ community. I'd also like to share an e-mail I received recently...

Hey Tommy,

I recently heard about the nonsense outrage surrounding Doug.

I wanted to reach out to you and thank you for continuing to work with Doug TenNapel; I identify as trans, and I had the absolute pleasure of speaking with Doug on his YouTube stream a few weeks ago.

We discussed a number of things, one notable thing was gender identity. I was very impressed with Doug's candor during the talk, and have nothing but the utmost respect for him and believe this recent online buzz about his opinion about trans people is nothing more than hyperbole.

Very much looking forward to the Amico, and Earthworm Jim! Have always been a fan of that series and excited to see what you are doing with Intellivision.

I don't know if you remember, but we did correspond last year regarding promoting your Video Games Live in Kitchener as well. Just wanted to reinforce Kitchener Comic Con's support for you, your team and Doug!

Would love the opportunity to push some media for the Amico, as well.

Hope all has been well, best of luck and keep up the great work!

I'd also like to point out (not that I need to), but Intellivision currently has 3 transgender folks working for us. Pretty funny considering that people were comparing me to Hitler because I refused to kick Doug off the team. One final note I'd like to add... although there were hundreds of people complaining on Twitter about Doug.... there were tens of thousands of people who spoke out with another point of view on the matter. Here is just one small example from "The Quartering": https://youtu.be/CmPLV_Ve2QU Over 500,000 subscribers, 160,000 views on the video and nearly 3,000 comments on the video.

Anyway... as the mod stated... we don't want to turn this into a political thread, but I did feel the need to at least address your concern that we have been silent regarding the matter. That statement was false and hopefully you now have a better understanding of where we stand on the matter. Doug will not be removed from the project.

Thanks.
Your response doesn't surprise me. Our response doesn't have anything to do with "popular opinion" and everything to do with doing the right thing for the project and the fans. If hard right Republicans demanded that we take a transgendered person off the project... I would have the same response. Get it? Just because the numbers don't support your narrative doesn't mean you try to turn around the facts to justify your thoughts and opinions. THAT my friend is a REAL "false equivalency".
:)
You're not interested in hearing anything that doesn't fit your narrative and the decision you have already made based on misinformation and what the "internet" says. Just a little word of advice... until you've gone to Doug's YouTube channel and actually hear and listen to the discussions he's had with the LGBTQ community... I suggest you stop with the whole "he's a bigot" and he "hates" certain people. Who is the real "hater" in this instance? So lets just leave it at that. The reality is that there is ZERO chance that you are going to change your mind... and you're not interested in hearing additional information that doesn't support your decision. Even when the people who you say are being discriminated against come out and defend Doug because they actually had a civil discussion with him and realize that things on the internet aren't always what they seem. That's a little different from "having a black friend". Once again... "false equivalency" isn't it? But your response is... "that person who stuck up for Doug just doesn't realize they are being discriminated against".

Again, let me state again that I or Intellivision in no way endorse, condone or agree with some of the statements made by Doug. But I would say that about 99% of the people I know.

But when you say our company has made an openly political choice it shows how you are wired for this discussion. See... it's hard to have real conversations with people who have that narrow minded a spectrum. You know what you know and don't want anyone to tell you different. Your mind is clearly not open to hearing other truths... you just want to believe what you want to believe and you're against anyone who says anything against the narrative you have come up with. When I told you to go to his page and listen to the discussions with the LGBTQ community you REFUSED and started responding to me ASAP. You weren't interested in receiving information that doesn't fit the narrative that others have constructed for you because of their own agendas. That's fine. Everyone lives life different. In your mind you are convinced that I don't understand the complexities of the position I have taken. I guess I could say the same thing about you. But I won't because the truth is obvious to anyone who is willing to take the time to actually keep an open mind and do a little research. So when you say you aren't going to support a company because you would never want to be "associated with" a certain approach... what you are also saying is that you don't want to associate with a company who has openly said we currently have 3 transgender people working for us. I believe in that instance you would be labeled as an anti-LGBTQ person by certain people. Something to think about and consider.

TO THE MODERATORS: This is my FINAL interaction with this person and with this subject. I also do not want this thread to be taken over by political biases on any side. I'm completely okay to delete my entire account and never return if this place is just going to become a cesspool of people arguing politics or religion. And I know that the mods don't want that as well. So if I've broken any rules by responding, I understand and I'm fine to leave. I just refuse to let someone put words in our mouths about what we do and don't believe and what we do or don't support. And if that's against the rules... I understand and I have no problem leaving with no hard feelings. I don't want to be the person who brings this place to something not associated with classic gaming.

Surprised how long it took for people to realize he's a MAGA bigot piece of shit when he was so open about it.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Oh, didn't see his response to the Doug TenNapel controversy before:

Surprised how long it took for people to realize he's a MAGA bigot piece of shit when he was so open about it.

Tommy's such a piece of shit. I had more written out, but it all boils down to "what a piece of shit".

Just whining "why can't people have/express different ideas?" so long as they're ideas that don't negatively affect him. If he even perceives something as being directed towards him, though? He's the first to squeal and complain about unfair treatment.

Last edited:

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Fucking seriously. "The Quartering and his ilk would be upset if I left the bigot off the team".

Fuck you, Tommy. That should be an easy choice.

I know Doug is one of your many beloved friends, but the guy's a bigot.

uzipukki

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The machine itself will cost about $3 million when all is said and done. But that is just for the design and UI. Manufacturing is in the hundreds of millions! Software is almost $10 million, etc., etc..
Whhaaaattt 🤣

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I find it unlikely that Intellivision had one trans employee, let alone three.

And I say had, because they don't have any employees anymore.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I'm also convinced the trans individual who contacted Tommy either doesn't exist or isn't actually trans. Wouldn't be the first time Tommy lied for sure.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Wow, it really drove Tommy crazy that Pat & Ian wouldn't give him the time of day.

Like, if they were just lying for clicks, then just ignore them, dude! Putting out a good console would have shut them up. Not complaining non-stop.

Last edited:

finaljedi

Jul 15, 2018
Cincinnati, OH

This and the subreddit are where this thing is discussed the most, makes sense I guess. This stuff with GameStop really shows that there's no one left there but the executives. You know months out whether you're going to be able to sell a product, no one opened Outlook and fired off an email saying to adjust that release date.

I wonder if Gamestop does drop ship agreements with some companies. Because their system let the release date come and tell people stuff is shipping soon when they had none in the warehouse.

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK

Tommy is amazing at being able to handle so many discussions and negotiations. What a guy.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Also, like... considering all the 'talks', wouldn't there be *some* kind of announcement from anybody new at this point if it was still happening?
Ignoring Gamestop and, uhh, that's it, you'd *have* to assume if they had any better agreements lined up that they would be trumpeted solely to help convince more investors to invest more money.
Even if it was preliminary. Heck, even the generic 'wall of brand logos' on some page would have gone a long way.

Actually, I found the list. Sesame Street, Care Bears, Hot Wheels, Harlem Globetrotters, MLB...

This is the stuff you'd want on a prospective investors page, front and center. With nice art. Not buried in an FAQ with boring text.

God, even when they have something to crow about, they fail at promoting it.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they announced Toe Jam & Earl when the negotiations were so early that Intellivision didn't know it would be a port of the latest game and not an exclusive title and nothing was signed.

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK

Tommy is amazing at being able to handle so many discussions and negotiations. What a guy.

Speaking with the original Worms team?

I created Worms, so no you didn't Tommy.

FerrisBueller

Jul 15, 2018
UK
Imagine how much fun the Giant Bomb crew would have talking about it if they were aware of all the absurd claims Tommy has made and all the wild rants he's gone on.

They should do a dedicated video going over it all.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

It would be funny if a jornalist goes after everyone on that list to see if he really talked to them…
Well, the worms creator is the first one to say no lol!