• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Was it the wife? She should be getting pressed too. One step away from calling 911 because they were "scared".
No, from what I can tell, it was the mother of a 21 year old woman that was mentioned by the two White folks in the video "you grabbed a girl" or whatever. You can watch the video interview posted earlier but the witness said this woman went down the street several houses to get this guy specifically.

Not that it matters much really, this guy deserves to be in jail, but, it does explain why he's not wearing shoes anyway, he wasn't outside until the neighbor got him.

Demon_Ice

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
As others have said, they can bust his rank down and make his life a living hell rather than kick him out.
Yeah this is preferable. He gets discharged from the military he has an easy career ahead of him as a US cop. Post that vid as his resume and the rest of the pigs will embrace him with open arms as one of their own

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
- Deandre and some white woman's 21 y/o daughter ("Snow Bunny 21") are "dog-walking" partners (Background)
- Deandre's getting sugar from Snow Bunny 21 (Inference)
- Mom sees a playful/frisky display, assumes the worst (Assumption)
- Snow Bunny 21 does/says ??? (???)
- Mom rushes over some distance to get Sgt. Pentland (Prior to recording)
- Altercation ensues, Assault recorded (Fact)

Is that what others are getting from the story so far?

Oct 25, 2017
- Deandre and some white woman's 21 y/o daughter ("Snow Bunny 21") are "dog-walking" partners (Background)

Before all of these events Deandre was allegedly assaulting the neighborhood with his hip-hop style walking

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017

- Army babysitter qualifies for babysitting by Army.

Oct 25, 2017

The fact that the mom rushed to this nutcase army guy way down the block for help makes me think this wasn't as urgent as she's suggesting. I can't imagine leaving your child alone with their abuser to do something like that

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
The fact that the mom rushed to this nutcase army guy way down the block for help makes me think this wasn't as urgent as she's suggesting. I can't imagine leaving your child alone with their abuser to do something like that
And also, this is a 21 year old woman supposedly, an adult. Like, we're to believe she was just assaulted in broad daylight and this guy here just casually walks away from it and then isn't in a hurry to get the fuck out of there. We're also supposed to believe that this lady yelled for help for 5 minutes and nobody came so she then went to the army guy for help.

Smells like shit to me. I'm going to guess that mostly likely the Mom didn't want this guy around and when he showed up again anyway, she lost her shit. And even if the daughter too didn't want the guy around, without a restraining order they can't do shit about this guy walking in the neighborhood. But even entertaining this is giving a lot of benefit of the doubt to a person that ran to get this obvious racist involved who then assaulted the guy.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
What a racist shitstain.

Glad he got arrested. Props to the people who filmed and stood by him to make sure he didn't get killed, which he might have.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Video of conference with sheriff and also
www.abccolumbia.com

Sheriff Lott: Fort Jackson soldier charged with assault and battery for incident in the Summit community - ABC Columbia

A viral video has drawn the attention of the Richland County Sheriff's Department and Fort Jackson. The video shows an altercation between a white man and a black man in front of a home in the Summit, a neighborhood in northeast Richland County. Sheriff Leon Lott is holding a press conference...

MUGSHOT!
pentland.jpg

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019

And also, this is a 21 year old woman supposedly, an adult. Like, we're to believe she was just assaulted in broad daylight and this guy here just casually walks away from it and then isn't in a hurry to get the fuck out of there. We're also supposed to believe that this lady yelled for help for 5 minutes and nobody came so she then went to the army guy for help.

Smells like shit to me. I'm going to guess that mostly likely the Mom didn't want this guy around and when he showed up again anyway, she lost her shit. And even if the daughter too didn't want the guy around, without a restraining order they can't do shit about this guy walking in the neighborhood. But even entertaining this is giving a lot of benefit of the doubt to a person that ran to get this obvious racist involved who then assaulted the guy.

Seems to me that this woman is weaponizing racism. And all because she doesn't like her daughter being involved with a black male.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Seems to me that this woman is weaponizing racism. And all because she doesn't like her daughter involved with a black male.
my thoughts as well.

Edit: the Sheriff said some "other things happened but that what Pentland did wasn't justified and that the Black man was a victim here so they aren't going to get into it or name him" more or less.

So whatever happened wasn't anything like the Mother must have been claiming.

Last edited:

geardo

Oct 27, 2017
How did I know this dude was an e6-e7 type as soon as people started saying he was in the army.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
That was a hard thing to watch. I'm glad the kid's okay because this psycho could have killed him. And I'm glad the psycho is getting fire rained down on him.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Just infuriating.

Glad movement is happening with a beginning to repercussions so far. Goddamnit, what decade are we in? FFS.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
apparently his wife works at wells fargo. If you all want to send a tweet to @ask_wellsfargo, maybe we can get her to lose her job considering her role in this.

sacrament

Banned
Dec 16, 2019
User Banned (1 Week): Concern Trolling Around Racism
So happy to see this.

Dude was a shit, and glad things are moving quickly. I have to ask, why are we ok with effectively doxxing someone and then mobbing the houses? I don't think that is right, and implies mob justice. Is there no line or am I just not righteous enough in my anger tonight?

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
Dude was a shit, and glad things are moving quickly. I have to ask, why are we ok with effectively doxxing someone and then mobbing the houses? I don't think that is right, and implies mob justice. Is there no line or am I just not righteous enough in my anger tonight?
Guy aired his hate on public property and the public is responding. No one has broken any law towards him yet.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Nope... You act the way that this idiot acted, you can get doxxed , arrested and everything else that comes your way. You were not forced to threaten a young black male for walking in his own neighborhood. You deserve all the shit that follows.

Do better

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019

you are not righteous enough in your anger tonight

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Dude did this at his own house. What the fuck did you think was going to happen to him? I just can't imagine watching that video and your only reaction to that being, "yeah but what about the racist"?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Actually on second thought, I get it, at least a little. Mobs can be dangerous, and there are supposedly children that live there. Sure. But the police are monitoring the situation and have granted peaceful protest.

But again, the dude did this at his own house. It's now on him and his wife to keep their family safe. Don't want to have to move or live in a hotel for a while? Don't assault Black men for being in your neighborhood I guess?

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
Wouldn't it be great if cops held their own to a high standard like the military?

Also, side I moved into a very rural subdivision recently and was worried about it being super racist, but I constantly see black families walking around too. I'm so happy.

I would 100% film if I saw some shit going down.

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
Actually on second thought, I get it, at least a little. Mobs can be dangerous, and there are supposedly children that live there. Sure. But the police are monitoring the situation and have granted peaceful protest.

But again, the dude did this at his own house. It's now on him and his wife to keep their family safe. Don't want to have to move or live in a hotel for a while? Don't assault Black men for being in your neighborhood I guess?
Yes, I think, so far, the line is being walked correctly. The community showed up to tell the Pentland family that their behavior is unwelcomed in a way that is within their constitutional rights. As long as that's how it remains, then the protests can and should continue until morality improves.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Speaking of which. Yeah these people can say goodbye to their "tight knit neighborhood" They aren't coming back.

wach.com

Family of Jonathan Pentland moved from home after vandalism from protesters

COLUMBIA, SC (WACH) – The family of Johnathon Pentland, the man charged after he was caught on camera assaulting a black man in The Lakes at Barony Place subdivision, has been moved from their home due to protesters vandalizing the home, according to the Richland County Sheriff’s Office...

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Acknowledged. Wild times.
Another way too look at it imo, since I often have the same first reaction you did, is that getting into the question of "is this reaction to virulent racism okay when in other circumstances it wouldn't be" is that you start wading into the territory of "proper protest" or "proper ways of handling injustice" and we all know there is no proper way for those things in order for real change to occur.

This dude can get all the way fucked for being a pile of shit.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of which. Yeah these people can say goodbye to their "tight knit neighborhood" They aren't coming back.

wach.com

Family of Jonathan Pentland moved from home after vandalism from protesters

COLUMBIA, SC (WACH) – The family of Johnathon Pentland, the man charged after he was caught on camera assaulting a black man in The Lakes at Barony Place subdivision, has been moved from their home due to protesters vandalizing the home, according to the Richland County Sheriff’s Office...
What violence have they done and what vandalism? Is it just that sign? lol

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
Another way too look at it imo, since I often have the same first reaction you did, is that getting into the question of "is this reaction to virulent racism okay when in other circumstances it wouldn't be" is that you start wading into the territory of "proper protest" or "proper ways of handling injustice" and we all know there is no proper way for those things in order for real change to occur.

This dude can get all the way fucked for being a pile of shit.

Yep.

Racists, Nazis, and Fascists deserve nothing but shallow graves.

Playing boths sides nonsense and giving them platform with standing alongside real democratic debate has done nothing but embolden them and increase their ranks.