• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
This better not fuck with my eggnog supply. I get that people are drinking less milk but you wouldn't think it could destroy a company this large with a pretty diverse portfolio.

Maybe instead of antagonizing the plant based milk industry, they should have diversified and leveraged their name to sell those products as well.

Also this. Why not use the Land O Lakes brand, which most people recognize, to push out soy or almond milk? I think it's disgusting but my wife uses soy milk for her coffee.

Oct 26, 2017
It's wild to me that a company "tumbling" 7% is grounds for bankruptcy. feel like that is indicative of something that goes far beyond the dairy industry. There's entirely way too much focus on YoY growth, and that leads to cutting corners, cutting benefits and pay, pleas to deregulate, etc. Then the kicker at the end is when they file for bankruptcy the top shareholders and executives don't suffer at all and walk away with millions.

Oct 25, 2017
Switching to A2 milk was a good compromise for me and my wife (who seems to have a milk allergy). It tastes like regular milk, just a bit more expensive (but less so than goat milk). I'd really like to try more camel milk, but it's really expensive. They should make milk less of a commodity product because there's a lot of complexity to it, and people in the know would pay for that.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Never had that brand before
Sorry milk companies, if my body didn't become lactose Intolerant and start rejecting dairy at 25, I wouldn't have to drink almond milk

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
How come no cereal brand his risen up designed around alt-milk. Tastes better with almond milk or some such

The writing is on the wall for the conventional milk

No longer "part of a nutritious breakfast"

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Regular milk (and cream) isn't going to go away, but I do see it becoming more niche as time goes on.

I can tolerate the half and half alternatives for my coffee, but nothing out there compares to real cheese and butter. I'm fine with paying more for dairy products produced humanely.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a woman load up 3 cartons of oat milk on the conveyer at the market yesterday. Is it really that good?

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
It's wild to me that a company "tumbling" 7% is grounds for bankruptcy. feel like that is indicative of something that goes far beyond the dairy industry. There's entirely way too much focus on YoY growth, and that leads to cutting corners, cutting benefits and pay, pleas to deregulate, etc. Then the kicker at the end is when they file for bankruptcy the top shareholders and executives don't suffer at all and walk away with millions.
This year. They've been in decline for a long time. Around 10 years now. It was to be expected, especially after Walmart dropped them. So kinda what you are saying doesn't really relate to this bankruptcy.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
People who drink almond milk despite the environmental impacts are complaining about the dairy industry.

Markiest marks that ever marked.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I saw a woman load up 3 cartons of oat milk on the conveyer at the market yesterday. Is it really that good?

Eh. It's ok. I bought a container of Oatly Barista edition to try in my coffee. It was...ok. It definitely has an Oaty flavor.

Not good enough to get me to stop buying half and half, but good enough in a pinch.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
They are the largest producer in the country so I can't imagine anyone in the United States buying them. If they do find a buyer it will most likely be a foreign company who want shorter supply routes. A lot of people are going to lose jobs during that transition.

Oct 25, 2017
People saying they have never heard of them need to look at their sub and regional brands.

They are Barber's for example that is like the brand of milk in Alabama and most of Georgia and Mississippi

Lv99 Slacker

Oct 27, 2017
I've gone from dairy milk > soy > almond > flax and now pea milk. I like using Ripple original flavor for black tea.

dxBtjsG.jpg

Y-Z

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Maybe they can be sold by division to create lekker, better operating smaller companies.

I seem to be the only one here that likes cowmilk though.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
People losing their jobs is not an argument against shutting down horrible industries that hurt animals and destroy the environment.
Losing your job is not a fucking death sentence, work somewhere else.

Jun 18, 2018
Lots of thumbs up out there for almond milk. However, it uses a high amount of water compare to other non-dairy milks:

_105755173_milk_alternatives-updated-optimised-nc.png

And most of it is grown in California, where drought is a major issue.