• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
M0QqS4t.png

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Damn that's outstanding. Bravo to that team for sticking up to Blizzard's bullshit.

Abuguet

Apr 23, 2019
Wait, let me get this straight. So THEY held the sign and forfeited the season after NOT being penalized themselves?

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Wait, let me get this straight. So THEY held the sign and forfeited the season after NOT being penalized themselves?

Because, going by Blizzard's reasoning for what they did to Blitzchung, they should've been banned for a year. The fact that they *didn't* shows that Blizzard's reasoning for what they did to Blitzchung is bullshit.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017

Bingo

This is the greatest fuck you so far, and good on them for doing it.

Blitz got banned for doing the same thing and yet somehow they don't.....it's obvious why and people are standing up for it

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Wasn't Blitz's protest broadcasted in China while this one wasn't?

RKasa

Jul 28, 2019
New Jersey
Good for AU; it was the right thing to do. It's disappointing, but Blizzard has dug themselves into a real mess of a hole with all this.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, for a second I thought Blizzard changed their mind on the HK support bann. What a play by AU. Let's see how this plays out. This is giving the China situation so much coverage, way to go Blizzard, Streisand effect.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Blitz's protest broadcasted in China while this one wasn't?
Yes. So really all this implies is that those who punished Blitz are different than those who deigned not to punish these kids. Not really surprising. Blizzard employees in the west are likely wondering just where the limits lie, how far they can push, too.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Yes. So really all this implies is that those who punished Blitz are different than those who deigned not to punish these kids. Not really surprising. Blizzard employees in the west are likely wondering just where the limits lie, how far they can push, too.

I wish Blizzard reps were more vocal about what's going on regarding any of this at all.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
This was an American broadcast, the Blitzchung incident happened during an Asian broadcast. I wouldn't really call this double standards as it's a different situation and different people involved.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
When something bad happens they like to be separate, but when something good happens they are a whole, a single unit, a force.

They need to communicate before big things like the Blitz situation are done. That reflects on their brand and company. It's on them.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
This whole thing is extremely fascinating from an observer perspective. Blizz are positively screwed no matter which way they lean, and even on social media everyone seems pretty unanimous in saying "Nah you screwed up" but there's real money and real stakes on the line. They sacrifice their bottom line no matter what they choose and situations like this show how finnicky and grey all this stuff with Blizz is (Specifically their handling, not the stuff in China or anything, as I am very uneducated on the truths of that side of the conversation).

So now that people are going to start poking the bear we get to see what their reaction is, and what Blizzard's stance will be moving forward. I don't envy anyone working for/with Blizzard on this, but they made the decision to cave for an authoritarian government's cash.

Blizzard certainly isn't dead or done as some would think, but if we thought Diablo Mobile was a shit show this will be a hundred times worse I feel.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
This whole thing is extremely fascinating from an observer perspective. Blizz are positively screwed no matter which way they lean, and even on social media everyone seems pretty unanimous in saying "Nah you screwed up" but there's real money and real stakes on the line. They sacrifice their bottom line no matter what they choose and situations like this show how finnicky and grey all this stuff with Blizz is (Specifically their handling, not the stuff in China or anything, as I am very uneducated on the truths of that side of the conversation).

So now that people are going to start poking the bear we get to see what their reaction is, and what Blizzard's stance will be moving forward. I don't envy anyone working for/with Blizzard on this, but they made the decision to cave for an authoritarian government's cash.

Blizzard certainly isn't dead or done as some would think, but if we thought Diablo Mobile was a shit show this will be a hundred times worse I feel.

it really comes down to do they want 1/3rd of the worlds money in China or 2/3rds.....although I think they made only 12-13% from Asia markets last year.....but it might be a growing market hence why they are afraid......either way they are losing something

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Only 400 millions potential buyers left, poor Blizzard.
Would be a real shame if we kept linking all their games and characters to pro-democracy protests...

It's not like the crazy guy in charge there would ever ban them like he would an innocent comparison to Winnie the Pooh... Nope.

rumbling

Mar 22, 2018
As far as I can understand w/e Blizzard would have done in this case would have been bad.

Only thing that will come out of this is Blizzard leaving e-sports.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
They also fired the castors who had no idea blitz was going to say what he was going to say.......

yes they did. It was awful to fire them and the whole thing is a shitshow, but they clearly knew what he was going to say, hence they duck udnearneath the desks and giggle. Come on now.

it really comes down to do they want 1/3rd of the worlds money in China or 2/3rds.....although I think they made only 12-13% from Asia markets last year.....but it might be a growing market hence why they are afraid......either way they are losing something

except that if you piss off China you actually WILL lose that 1/3rd, if you piss off the west you wont lose 2/3rds, that's the scary difference.

Also this is quite fantastic to show that (duh) the only reason Blitz got the punishment he did was because it was in Taiwan (I think it was in Taiwan?)