• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

Season 10 of American Horror Story, subtitled 'Double Feature', will premiere on Wednesday, August 25 at 10/9c on FX. The season will consist of two separate storylines - the first, titled 'Red Tide', centers on the sea and will consist of 6 episodes. The second, titled 'Death Valley', centers on the sand and will consist of 4 episodes.

The series has been renewed through season 13.

Trailer

American Horror Story is a groundbreaking anthology horror drama series created and produced by Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk. The Emmy® and Golden Globe® winning franchise is produced by Twentieth Century Fox Television.

Cast

Frances Conroy
Macaulay Culkin
Leslie Grossman
Billie Lourd
Sarah Paulson
Evan Peters
Adina Porter
Lily Rabe
Angelica Ross
Finn Wittrock
Denis O'Hare
Ryan Kiera Armstrong
Kaia Gerber
Paris Jackson
Matt Bomer
Chad Michaels
Spencer Novich
V Nixie
Neal McDonough
John Carroll Lynch
Alisha Soper
Mike Vogel
Kate Micucci
Craig Sheffer

jKTAf5A.png

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Currently watching the previous season, 1984, and man it's rough. I'm having a hard time pushing through.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
in. 1984 was..... weird. Not what i wanted. But still looking forward to this especially now that Evan is back.

zeitgeist

Oct 27, 2017
Not feeling it after the first two episodes. I already wish the Alien one was 6 eps and this one was 4.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's up on Hulu now and I legit thought someone goofed and uploaded two episodes.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just watched the first two. Fun so far and AHStories make it seem great. Although, they said the first part would be mermaids when it's really just vampires, heh.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
Did anyone else...not care for this? Obviously cinematography and acting are all pretty good (except for the daughter holy crap), but the story itself is whatever. By the end of ep 2 its obvious how its going to wrap up, so I am not sure what plot 4 more episodes is going to cover. Those voldemorts are hilariously unscary, and it requires a huge suspension of disbelief that everyone of the people remaining in town over the winter are fully aware of whats going on (or just not able to see these weirdos screeching and break-dancing around town). The whole flamboyant vampire schtick is so played out these days, especially considering Ryan Murphy has already done it before...

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
Hasn't been amazing so far but I like the setting and some of the characters. I had no idea the foul-mouthed vagrant was Sarah Paulson till my wife told me. Also enjoy Evan Peters this season so far. Hopefully it picks up a bit in creepiness.

Stories is making this look good though. I'll take average or above average as opposed to abysmal. God, I hated Stories.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
The first two episodes were solid. Kinda giving me more of a less-campy-Hotel vibe.

It's weird though because everyone thought that the main villain things in Red Tide were going to be sirens (Ryan Murphy tweeted about sirens alongside aliens and stuff) - heck, the key art literally shows some kind of underwater monster - but they seem to just be day vampires? Which are created by taking a drug?

Okay.

despair

Oct 27, 2017
The first two episodes were solid. Kinda giving me more of a less-campy-Hotel vibe.

It's weird though because everyone thought that the main villain things in Red Tide were going to be sirens (Ryan Murphy tweeted about sirens alongside aliens and stuff) - heck, the key art literally shows some kind of underwater monster - but they seem to just be day vampires? Which are created by taking a drug?

Okay.
to be fair, it's AHS, in an accelerated format, so I fully expect it to go off the rails anyway by the end of the 3rd episode and introduce sirens and mermaids or whatever else, as well as throw some last second twist into the end of the alien story in part 2 where we're just watching the writer character's serialized series about aliens or something. I think nobody talked about what he actually wrote here (I know they said he was gonna write about the town but that doesn't mean he DID) so i'm considering it a very real possibility after that godawful Stories finale.

either way, along for the trash ride.

Oct 25, 2017
Why did they advertise this as Sirens or something,
Completely theme it around an oceanside setting.....
then daytime vampires.

What a waste

Feeling like a retread

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Me and my housemate just watched the first 2 episodes and it's... alright, but super predictable. And the fact it's literally just a drug that makes people need to consume blood and they aren't even monsters and the ham-fistedness with the "untalented" turning into shitty daytime nosferatus (and apparently all owning the same coat with big pointy shoulders?)

It has the same problem that a lot of Stephen King stories have (as much as I love them) where the author inserts themselves as a struggling writer looking for inspiration which is relatable to him maybe but not to anyone else. And then Murphy is throwing a terrible drug addiction story on top of it and then trying to make it monstrous.

The only saving grace i can imagine is that we don't know where the drug came from, I feel like that might be the real twist?

I feel like Leslie Grossman's character, his agent, is going to be part of the other story about the aliens and stuff like that will be the connecting features between the two

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
This is my hope. Would love to see a surprise cosmic horror direction given the setting, but I don't have high hopes since it's Murphy
I think there MIGHT actually be something in the water, there's a lot of shark references and whatever killed those 2 fisherman that the writer came across on the beach, their deaths don't seem to fit with anything else. There might actually be sirens under the sea who give the drugs to the humans, muses and sirens are closely related through Greek mythology after all.

My idea is that the sirens use "muse" to inspire artists to create and the work they create draws in more people who they either convert or feed on

Last edited:

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man y'all harsh on this. I think this season so far has been pretty fun. I've been enjoying Witrock in the main role as Harry. I think next episode once we start to get more insight into who the chemist is and what the origins of the pill are things will really take off.

I do wonder if they will somehow tie this back into Roanoke. Bell Noire's real name is Sarah Cunningham sharing a last name with Elias Cunningham from the Roanoke season.

Oct 25, 2017
How many episodes is this portion because Jesus Christ is it just spinning its wheels.
This could have been a single American Horror Stories plot

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
The idea of a pill that works based on your level of talent is some stupid magical fairy tale shit and it doesn't have the power to suspend my disbelief.

Still enjoying it to an extent, but it is a weird concept. More excited for the alien side of things.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The idea of a pill that works based on your level of talent is some stupid magical fairy tale shit and it doesn't have the power to suspend my disbelief.

Still enjoying it to an extent, but it is a weird concept. More excited for the alien side of things.
Thats the thing that's too much? In a series that has seen a ghost impregnate a woman and spawn the son of satan? Lol. Like if AHS had been an incredibly grounded series I'd give you that but we've seen Vampires, Witches and Ghosts as mainstays of the series over time. It may be mystical mumbo jumbo but they at least grounded the explanation somewhat in actual science science.

Blitzwolf215

Oct 26, 2017
I'm enjoying watching the characters, but It feels like this season's narrative feels less cohesive.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I can't believe they had an origin story for the goddamn nosferatu jacket. Actual screen time was devoted to this

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe they had an origin story for the goddamn nosferatu jacket. Actual screen time was devoted to this

I looked at it more as being a little character moment for Billie Lourde's character tbh, as well as Murphy and Co getting a bit of gay history in there

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
I'm confused. According to Wikipedia, there should be five episodes available. But on my (German) Prime Video , there's only four. And the fourth episode, which I just finished, is actually the fifth one. It does have the title of the real episode 4, which is missing altogether.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Double Feature is currently the highest rated season of AHS to date.

I think TB Karen and Mickey are two of the best characters AHS has had to date.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017

Double Feature is currently the highest rated season of AHS to date.

I think TB Karen and Mickey are two of the best characters AHS has had to date.

it's fair. The season is doing a good job at making me intensely dislike the daughter and the agent whom to me are way worse than the rest of the flesh eaters.