• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SoneaB

Oct 18, 2020
UK
If I was a betting woman I'd guess that all of these separate stories will eventually interlink and overlap in some nebulous way. I will also predict that Trick R Treat did it better.
I will still watch it though once it is all out. Hopefully it surprises me.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
No, zero chance. The first two seasons are the only remotely redeemable ones

My friend accidentally started watching the season with the talking head segments. That one looked more interesting than the first two seasons. You're saying that that one isn't too different in terms of a meandering story in the middle of the season?

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
E7TgGqnXsAA_Uyb

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
The first episode of this was kinda promising, but all the ones since have had terrible acting and writing. This latest episode 4 is easily the worst of all. Even though there's only 7 episodes I'm not sure I can make it to the end.

Spinoff has been a total misfire IMO. It's not even taking advantage of the freedom that streaming provides in any way. The episodes are much more tame and aimed at younger teen audience, and the runtimes of the last two have been even shorter than typical broadcast lengths (this episode was just 37 mins).

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked the first episode, the second was enjoyable, this third one was awful awful awful. Im usually patient with stuff and i hated this episode badly.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
What? Episode 4 was easily the best one so far and the only episode that I'd actually recommend AHS fans check out. It was shlocky and fun - didn't take itself too seriously (1984 energy), had a bit of social commentary, as well as some nice horror kills at the end.

It was also the only one with competent acting and production values...

B-Dex

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
What? Episode 4 was easily the best one so far and the only episode that I'd actually recommend AHS fans check out. It was shlocky and fun - didn't take itself too seriously (1984 energy), had a bit of social commentary, as well as some nice horror kills at the end.

It was also the only one with competent acting and production values...

I would try to watch it but it seems like not even FX in Canada is showing it. And it isn't on Star for Disney+ either. 🤗

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who watched After Party not too long ago... this felt really derivative lol. Same themes with Trejo. Weird.

It took way too long for the "horror" to start, and it ended up really quickly. Like we get it, they're shitty people, we don't need a dozen exemples of it.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
This shows really divisive huh? I loved the third episode but hated Trejo's Santa one.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 5 was good - a rare instance of AHS trying to be scary instead of just campy/horny - but it would have been better if
the episode ended with Billie locked up in the mental hospital and the gaslighters getting away with it.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Episode 5 was good - a rare instance of AHS trying to be scary instead of just campy/horny - but it would have been better if
the episode ended with Billie locked up in the mental hospital and the gaslighters getting away with it.

I actually loved the "gotcha" moment. Also,

She's getting some demon's D in the end. Good for her.

Last edited:

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
What's the consensus on this? Is it decent, or "other"?

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 6 was another one that went for a straight horror vibe (sort of a "The Woods Have Eyes" kinda thing) rather than the usual camp and was better for it. Some of the stuff with the hunter was dumb but the rest of it worked and felt like something AHS hadn't done before (though there were shades of Roanoke).

The last two episodes definitely gave me Tales from the Crypt like endings. No complaints.

I liked the ending to 6 but 5's felt silly and unearned.

What's the consensus on this? Is it decent, or "other"?

It's a mixed bag imo.

The first two episodes, from Murphy/Falchuk, felt like a creatively bankrupt retread of material that we've seen in at least 3 other seasons. Skip.

Episode 3 had an interesting concept but a basic execution that didn't feel like AHS - it felt more like a mediocre episode of Creepshow or like some low budget 90s horror show. Skip.

Episode 4 was AHS in silly schlock mode (think 1984). Fun and gorey but light on scares. Watch.

Episode 5 actually tried to be scary - felt like a cross between Cult and Coven. Watch.

Episode 6 was also trying to be scary and it also succeeded. Kind of like the forest scenes of Roanoke mixed with The Hills Have Eyes. Watch.

Episode 7 is the mid season finale and airs next week. It's the third episode from Murphy/Falchuk and from the description it sounds like it continues the story of the first two episodes? :x

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Renewed!

www.thewrap.com

'American Horror Stories' Renewed for 2nd Installment by FX on Hulu - TheWrap

TCA 2021: Not to be confused with Season 2 of "American Horror Story"

The Season 2 renewal comes less than a week before the American Horror Stories Season 1 finale, "Game Over," is slated for FX on Hulu release Aug. 19.

The show was initially announced as a 16 episode season, but then they split that season in half - the first 7 episodes this summer and the back 9 at some later date - so is this just confirming that those 9 episodes will air next year instead of later this year or is this S2 renewal for more episodes beyond the initial 16?

i am confuse

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The show was initially announced as a 16 episode season, but then they split that season in half - the first 7 episodes this summer and the back 9 at some later date - so is this just confirming that those 9 episodes will air next year instead of later this year or is this S2 renewal for more episodes beyond the initial 16?

i am confuse

i am confused too. I also can't figure out how many episodes double feature is in full either.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I like that the latest season of regular AHS is split. I always fall off the show halfway through. I get excited to watch it then it just sort of fades out and I never end up finishing a season. This might keep me more entertained.

I need to watch the latest episodes of stories but I'm having fun with them so far.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay I'm like usually SUPER down for the cheesy ass writing in AHS but boy the Game Over episode was just too much for me.
They do a pull back to do a 4th wall reveal TWICE in the same episode. Its hokey enough they try to pull off some Wes Craven New Nightmare like shit where the episode is all about someone trying to recreate the universe of AHS in a video game but then they do the same thing TWICE and its just absolutely stupid as hell. I do like the idea of finally ending the series reliance on constantly going back to Murder House by burning it to the ground but boy this finale really just fumbled the ball.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

American Horror Story - Double Feature - Wednesdays on FX

Season 10 of American Horror Story, subtitled 'Double Feature', will premiere on Wednesday, August 25 at 10/9c on FX. The season will consist of two separate storylines - the first, titled 'Red Tide', centers on the sea and will consist of 6 episodes. The second, titled 'Death Valley', centers...

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Okay I'm like usually SUPER down for the cheesy ass writing in AHS but boy the Game Over episode was just too much for me.
They do a pull back to do a 4th wall reveal TWICE in the same episode. Its hokey enough they try to pull off some Wes Craven New Nightmare like shit where the episode is all about someone trying to recreate the universe of AHS in a video game but then they do the same thing TWICE and its just absolutely stupid as hell. I do like the idea of finally ending the series reliance on constantly going back to Murder House by burning it to the ground but boy this finale really just fumbled the ball.

I loved it personally (I'm easy to please with AHS though) although trying to figure out what was real and what wasn't is about impossible. So the house burned down but the kid didnt do it and maybe the spirits are actually out in the world now? Which means...the part about her dying in the house is part of the game? Who the hell knows.

Cbrun44

I thought I could pretty much enjoy everything AHS related as well as pretty much any horror anthology but I'm pretty sure I either disliked or hated every single American Horror Stories episode. Pretty much loved every proper season but this spinoff was awful. Fortunately it was short and now we are at the real thing.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I could pretty much enjoy everything AHS related as well as pretty much any horror anthology but I'm pretty sure I either disliked or hated every single American Horror Stories episode. Pretty much loved every proper season but this spinoff was awful. Fortunately it was short and now we are at the real thing.

I liked parts of every episode honestly. They weren't all good and some focused on the wrong parts for too long, but I at least found something to like about each one. And I thought last week's was great.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I find it amusing how everyone hates every episode of American Horror Story, yet they keep watching/coming back for more. Show should have been cancelled a long time ago, but ResetEra is not the real world. It's a guilty pleasure of mine

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Roanoke is the only season I've actually enjoyed, so I appreciated the bit of support in the latest episode.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I consider myself a very patient person. I can enjoy stuff that people hate. But this shit was so so bad. My God.

1st 2 episodes were good. 3rd the movie one was good. Billie Lourde's episode was good. The others where shit and just really really bad.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
LOL what was that final scene. I sorta enjoyed it until that.

But anyway the season was kinda bad except a couple of episodes.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched Feral.

Wasn't a bad episode but I feel like the pacing had the same problem as Drive-In. Way too long until the "horror" happens, then it ends too quickly.

Interested to see what Game Over is about, considering I've only read bad stuff about it lol.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I would try to watch it but it seems like not even FX in Canada is showing it. And it isn't on Star for Disney+ either. 🤗

The series just appeared (1st 2 episodes) on my Disney+ this week so maybe you will have it too. I'm in Singapore.

I'm really not sure what to say about the 1st 2 episodes. It's like someone taunted Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk about their abilities to write and recycle the Murder House even more and they proceed to show that they can by writing 3 episodes for a season of 7. It's just boring by now to see same types of people going through the same thing in the same house.

Apr 2, 2021
The only good episode was episode with the influencers living together and deciding the way to get uncancelled (after showing someone commit suicide on their youtube channel) was to be "homie-sexual" and they all start acting gay with each other. That shit was funny. Everything else was either generic horror movie stuff or rehashes of previous American Horror story stuff but done worse.

So yeah I'll probably end up watching this.

And AHS is HOT garbage
AHS is what I called "trash", its different than garbage! Garbage is the last two seasons, but Apocalypse was lovable "trash".