• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017

They've gone and made a spinoff of 'American Horror Story' - it's called 'American Horror Stories' (with an "ies" instead of a "y"). It premieres on Thursday, July 15 on Hulu. The season will consist of 16 hour long episodes.

Trailer

'American Horror Stories' is a spin-off of Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk's hit anthology series 'American Horror Story'. 'American Horror Stories' is a weekly anthology series that will feature a different horror story each episode.

Cast

Aaron Tveit
Gavin Creel
Kaia Gerber
Sierra McCormick
Ashley Martin Carter
Paris Jackson
Belissa Escobedo
Rhenzy Feliz
Madison Bailey
Kyle Red Silverstein
Amy Grabow
Virginia Gardner
Danny Trejo
John Carol Lynch
Naomi Grossman
Billie Lourd
Matt Bomer
Dyllon Burnside
Nico Greetham
Charles Melton
Kevin McHale

Last edited:

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
Wait - was that Murder House? Are they revisiting that for one of the episodes?

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uhhh they should have just named it something else, looks rather extremely cheap and seems more like that reboot of the twilight zone when it comes to the bad acting

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Uhhh they should have just named it something else

Most of the search results for 'American Horror Stories' are just for the main show 🤪

Maybe the 1 episode constraint will result in better storytelling.

The first episode is 'Rubber (Wo)man'.

Take a guess as to what the second episode is called.

It's 'Rubber (Wo)man Part 2'

7v9hwBn.gif

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
I'm certainly willing to give this a shot but before watching the trailer I thought one off stories might be a boon, having now caught a glimpse of what's to come I think the format looks like it might actually bring out the worst in AHS.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm hoping this will be an outlet for whatever crazy off beat ideas that the main AHS production team has, so that they can put it all here in small doses, instead of going off tangent in their regular series.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
this looks lower budget than usual and nothing presented in the trailer was compelling story wise

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Making an anthology of the anthology sure is a choice. Is that Danny Trejo as a killer Santa? Might check a couple of the episodes out but not expecting much.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
I watched the first two episodes. They were okay? Very AHS - for better and worse. It's weird to see Murphy and Falchuk start off this new series by retreading so many familiar AHS beats. Like, they've done ghost drama so many times before, I don't even think a second episode was needed. I feel like they could have just put the ghost girlfriend in the first episode, added around 15 minutes to the runtime, and called it a day.

Lets hope the rest of the episodes break out of the AHS mold a little more.

Last edited:

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anybody else getting weird framerate, is it the the show or something else?

The show has so far been rather cringe with the acting, perhaps they didn't get good directors to film the episodes.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Anybody else getting weird framerate, is it the the show or something else?

The show has so far been rather cringe with the acting, perhaps they didn't get good directors to film the episodes.

framerate seemed ok for me on Apple TV but the were a few scenes where they had quick flashes of stuff.

ngl they kinda wasted Matt Bomer in these episodes. Story was OK but how do you go back to Murder House and not bring back any of the OG ghosts?

Next episode could be fun Drive-In: A screening of a forbidden film has disastrous consequences.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
I was surprised to find out that the main woman in these episodes was the lead in the movie Vast of Night. This role was a far cry from that one.

I was not shocked to find out that her girlfriend was Cindy Crawford's daughter cause she kinda looked like her. Terrible acting though.

And I was pleased to see Michael Jackson's daughter. Last time I saw her was probably around MJ's funeral, tbh.

it was pretty typical AHS fare but I got a few big laughs out of it.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
I liked this more than I thought I was going to, certainly more than the last bunch of seasons of the mother show, so that is promising.

But it still gives me the same off putting vibe that AHS has been giving me for a while, I can't really describe it all that well but it feels like the creators don't really care or something. The actors generally are still giving it their all but there is a passionless-ness to the whole AHS brand these days.

I was surprised to find out that the main woman in these episodes was the lead in the movie Vast of Night. This role was a far cry from that one.
Loved The Vast of Night so I was super delighted to see her again.

AlexMeloche

Oct 27, 2017
This... wasn't really good, lol. It was fun, but I felt like I was watching a weirdly bloody Riverdale spin-off.

Ghgghggh

Banned
May 2, 2018
I enjoyed the 2 part premiere.
Episode 3 - i was enjoying until the horror began then from.then on it was atrocious.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 3 was a lot more interesting. Felt more like an episode of Creepshow but in a good way.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Preferred the first two. This was just fine. I might just really miss the erotic thriller and be completely burned out on zombie-like anything's.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Preferred the first two. This was just fine. I might just really miss the erotic thriller and be completely burned out on zombie-like anything's.

The episode would have been scarier if they didn't turn into weird zombies and instead looked normal but with like an eerie smile or something.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
I liked episode 3 for the most part but thought that the initial horror elements should have lasted longer and the monologue could have been half the length. And the very end was silly but honestly expecting a lot of silly in this show.

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
It's been a minute since AHS was good

I tried to get into it by watching the first 2 seasons. They start out interesting, but then they sort of meander in the middle and then they end in very unsatisfying ways. If the first 2 seasons don't do it for me, is there any chance that the seasons after would?

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I tried to get into it by watching the first 2 seasons. They start out interesting, but then they sort of meander in the middle and then they end in very unsatisfying ways. If the first 2 seasons don't do it for me, is there any chance that the seasons after would?
No, zero chance. The first two seasons are the only remotely redeemable ones